Lac Fallion closed this winter!!!

Andyman

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news Andyman!!

Good to see our most senior trip consultants in the picture. I spoke to the Chinese embassedour today, he doesn't know what he is doing this winter yet.

Tuesday is the deadline for the early bird pass and some old goats birthday!

We pulled into Clova the day after (if memory serves me right) the train hit the sled and the guy who drives the groomer for Dominic house was burning to the ground. Very sad as there is no fire department or anything it just burned to the ground, best part was he was at Tamarac with us instead of the school house Dominic owns...............Rough week in that little town !

• 1 month later...

We are planning to do a tour and part of it is to ride from Sennatiere to Clova the end of January. Is there any good news about gas and lodging?

Jeff

First gas going east after Senneterre is Balbuzard can also stay there then gas at Clova and lodging at the schoolhouse, don't know about the Tamarac

Or you will have to go to Parent. South of Parent is a nice place called Le Fer al Cheval which I believe is open this winter.

Yes it is open, We gassed up and had a GREAT lunch there on Thursday

So what's the deal with Tamarac this year, are they open ??

Dominic owns the Tamarac now and it is open for rooms only, no food or drink there. I assume he uses it as a spill-over when the school house is full.

I put one on mine, very nice. You need to shim the brackets up 5-8mm. I am curious if Chris is including these in the kit now.

I just ordered a Powderkeg 700 Combo Pak for my 2011 1200 Renegade with 137 track. Much sleeker setup than LinQ gas caddy and saddlebags/tunnel bag. It's a bit more expensive but I recently heard good things about them.

I put one on mine, very nice. You need to shim the brackets up 5-8mm. I am curious if Chris is including these in the kit now.

I haven't gotten it yet but he told me to use a quarter to shim the brackets. Very nice man on the phone and offered to take me through install if the directions weren't clear.

I just ordered a Powderkeg 700 Combo Pak for my 2011 1200 Renegade with 137 track. Much sleeker setup than LinQ gas caddy and saddlebags/tunnel bag. It's a bit more expensive but I recently heard good things about them.

I put the same set up on my GSX SE, the bag sits right back on top and room for more !

Dominic owns the Tamarac now and it is open for rooms only, no food or drink there. I assume he uses it as a spill-over when the school house is full.

Thats good its open, sad that Carole is not there. Great people and awsome food !

Holy smokes, just looked at Senabi (Senneterre) web site. Looks updated from last time I stayed there. Anybody prefer there or La Bell Villa?

We are booked at the Senabi next Friday but actually I like both, but Senabi has laundry facilities that will come in handy on our ride.

Andy