Conditions

Saguenay Bill

I would say you will be in the 200 mile range. There is gas at L Etape. What are your plans? Not much snow on the southern side of Lac St Jean so I'm told by the locals. I stay at the HI.I have passes, see me.

Thank you Bill! 200 miles to L'Etape from Charlesbourg or to Lac St. Jean? We are planning to ride up to Lac St. Jean from Charlesbourg (Quebec City) in Mid-late February. Hoping to take 1 day to ride up to Lac St. Jean, then ride up in the Lac St. Jean area for a couple days then ride back down. Or- are we better off just trailering up to Lac St. Jean area?

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bill, could you and Rob do me a favor? Keep an eye on Andyman while he's up there, rumor has it he has trouble crossing bridges in that part of the country.

I will be up for a visit before the winter is out. Keep the reports coming.

There is a reason that Andyman's sled is the only one with no mirrors.........I think they are still laying by that bridge!

Milkman

Here are the best pics for today. This is the famous Gretta, well known to patrons of the Holiday Inn during the winter. The drink she is so fond of is known as Caribou, and is offered to all visitors, two and four legged alike. :D

Here are the best pics for today. This is the famous Gretta, well known to patrons of the Holiday Inn during the winter. The drink she is so fond of is known as Caribou, and is offered to all visitors, two and four legged alike. :D

My Hats off or should I say Helmet to Gretta, I hope she doesn't drink and walk around the lobby too Fast!!!!

See you soon.

Dale

Thank you Bill! 200 miles to L'Etape from Charlesbourg or to Lac St. Jean? We are planning to ride up to Lac St. Jean from Charlesbourg (Quebec City) in Mid-late February. Hoping to take 1 day to ride up to Lac St. Jean, then ride up in the Lac St. Jean area for a couple days then ride back down. Or- are we better off just trailering up to Lac St. Jean area?

That would be 200 from Quebec City. It is usually a nice ride. Going up by vehicle is not fun as Rt. 175 can be a little trechorous.

Hey Rob,

Is that Robert McFall from Virginia petting Greta? Looks alot like him. He was up there last year when I was there. He should get an award for the rider driving from the most southern point in the states to ride.

Is the helmet still working OK? No elect. visor yet?

Bill

Hey Rob,

Is that Robert McFall from Virginia petting Greta? Looks alot like him. He was up there last year when I was there. He should get an award for the rider driving from the most southern point in the states to ride.

Is the helmet still working OK? No elect. visor yet?

Bill

No, that is Mike, also known as Mubs on the forum holding the glass on the right, and another Mike, Mikerider on the left.

I have a confession to make, I've gone back to my old TXi helmet for the last two days. Mainly because the BV2s was too cold with the center valve removed, and stupidly I left the removed valve at home, so I had no other choice that to use the old helmet for now. And I did have to use the ele shield on both helmets to keep from fogging.

On the XP front, I tried many different settings and finally decided that the problem (for me) is that the rear springs are too light, (or the center spring is too hard?). I'm now running the rear springs on the highest setting (5) with the coupler blocks on low (1), and it is better for me. But after just taking "internet" advice on the helmet that turned out to be wrong, I can understand people wanting to try it for themselves and deciding. Just a suggestion. And also I now agree about the seat...it feels as hard as a park bench at times. They need to do something there. JMO.

Mainly because the BV2s was too cold with the center valve removed, and stupidly I left the removed valve at home, so I had no other choice that to use the old helmet for now. And I did have to use the ele shield on both helmets to keep from fogging.

Once you get that valve back in you will be warm and will not fog. Always carry a extra valve with you. Somehow mine fell out one trip and I couldn't find it. Had to find a dealer and get another one. Now I have backups. Only happened once in 3 years.

Rob,

I still have my TXi with an elect. shield as a backup. I got 2 rubber valves with my BV2S. One has more holes than the other. The one with less holes was called the severe cold valve. I need to check before I leave to see which is in there.

Hi Bill

The more I read your posting the more I regret cancelling the trip that I had planned for this week. Are Fran and Judy at the hotel. If they are say hi for Colette and I. Glad you guys are having fun and we will see you in early February.

Daniel

Rob,

I still have my TXi with an elect. shield as a backup. I got 2 rubber valves with my BV2S. One has more holes than the other. The one with less holes was called the severe cold valve. I need to check before I leave to see which is in there.

I couldn't tell the difference when I switched valves. They both worked fine for me.

Rob,

I remember the extra valve. I will be sure to have both with me on next trip.

Thanks!

Rob,

I was counting on you to do the cold weather testing on that helmet. I am stuck in LA (the land of fruits and nuts) and you are there enjoying those perfect trails. The LEAST you could do for us is a thorough testing of the BV2S :)

Have fun and leave some snow

Bill