passport renewal question

clk1x

My passport runs out this year and would like to know what is the best way to go about getting a replacement. I live in Maine and I'm pretty sure I do not need a passport to travel by land , but may need some other document. Can someone give me some direction on the best way to proceed.

Thanks

You actually can use an expired passport for entry. I would have never thought that myself but several times last year my wife and I went to Canada without knowing hers had expired almost a year before. Both times the agents just asked the regular questions and then said "ma'am just letting you know your passport has expired"

I looked it up somewhere on the net when I got home that a passport (expired or not) is always a form of identification.

Might not want to try this taking a flight to Europe but just saying it worked for us twice with land travel into Canada and back to USA with no problem

My passport runs out this year and would like to know what is the best way to go about getting a replacement. I live in Maine and I'm pretty sure I do not need a passport to travel by land , but may need some other document. Can someone give me some direction on the best way to proceed.

Thanks

I went to the post office, Littleton, NH, and they took my picture and handled it from there. I had my new one in 2 weeks.

I went to the post office, Littleton, NH, and they took my picture and handled it from there. I had my new one in 2 weeks.

X2

Go to your local US Post office & get your passport renewed. You're gonna want a valid passport to leave the USA if Hillary gets elected next year!

And to get back in, if Trump is elected!

GutZ

Good , we are supposed to be a country with borders after all.

And if your of a Mexican descent your $h!t out've luck on that.

Not if your here legally, pretty simple concept if you ask me.

I believe all border states have an "enhanced license". I have one and love it. No need to carry around a bulky passport. Just my regular license. But again, it is ONLY border states that offer them.

Thought I would give an update. I live in Maine and apparently Maine does not issue enhanced license's.

My only choice is to renew my passport to the tune of $110.00.

Yes, but it's good for 10 years, $11 per year, good deal IMO, 2 less beers per year in CA.

Edited by Saguenay Bill

We pay the equivalent of $125.00 for a 10 year passport , and we now need an eTa costing $14.00 which lasts for 5 years

( same as an ESTA for the US ) I would pay 3 times that to ride in Canada but don't tell the powers that be ... lol .. worth every penny.

Edited by SnomoGary

If you all ready have a passport, you can get a passport card for the same cost and does the same thing as enhanced lic. Now you have "2" really good forms of photo ID . And they both fit in your wallet !

I and all members of my family always have a passport and if within 6 months of expiry it get renewed. You should always have a valid passport.

Agreed!

I believe all border states have an "enhanced license". I have one and love it. No need to carry around a bulky passport. Just my regular license. But again, it is ONLY border states that offer them.

Not true.Ct offers an "enhanced license"