Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi all !!!!

here.s our newest addition to our club ,a newbie operator from ontario !!!

linda wanted absolutely to try grooming ....so ,last friday ,i went grooming local trail for ste marguerite...so, i did the first half....and she did the other one !!!

i must say she s a fast learner !!! she did a great job !!!...and i think i found the way to keep the talking very low !!!...hahaaha..she s been busy for a while !!!

congrats linda and i m glad that you enjoyed the experience !!!!...i give you an A + for your grooming !!

phil...snowing ...maybe 2 '' on ground...windy a bit...-12c !!!

jean-guy

Hi All!

So sorry for the delay in my reply!! Two days to get home, busy office, and just sad to leave the Gaspesie and the snow, and Jean-guy of course.

I had a great trip! Fabulous to put some faces to the name and see some old friends too.

And always the highlight is spending time with Groomer...now I know more about him, his life and why he is always telling me 'I must take a ride on the couch' lol

This grooming is brutal work...sorry, I guess I am out of shape and two of us in the cab didn't allow for angling the seat, but holy smokes...this job isn't for blondes! Watch the drag! The tree! The snow isn't rolling! Don't dump the snow you will make a bump! Watch the edge, snow is deep in the ditch! Watch for sleds! Clean the window! Drag too low, don't dig a hole! I must say...I really need eyes in the back of my head! And then to think of jumping out to take pictures? hmmmm Not for me! But I honestly think I did pretty good...and actually I have wanted to try for years (use to drive a tractor at the farm) and see if I could do it. Well, nobody better to teach me than Jean-guy. Had a great time!

I have about 1000 pictures and 800 of them are of Jean-Guy. His hard work, dedication and volunteering for the good of all of us still amazes me.

He is a true ambassador to the sport of Snowmobiling.

Thanks Jean-Guy!!

xoxoxox

Hi All!

So sorry for the delay in my reply!! Two days to get home, busy office, and just sad to leave the Gaspesie and the snow, and Jean-guy of course.

I had a great trip! Fabulous to put some faces to the name and see some old friends too.

And always the highlight is spending time with Groomer...now I know more about him, his life and why he is always telling me 'I must take a ride on the couch' lol

This grooming is brutal work...sorry, I guess I am out of shape and two of us in the cab didn't allow for angling the seat, but holy smokes...this job isn't for blondes! Watch the drag! The tree! The snow isn't rolling! Don't dump the snow you will make a bump! Watch the edge, snow is deep in the ditch! Watch for sleds! Clean the window! Drag too low, don't dig a hole! I must say...I really need eyes in the back of my head! And then to think of jumping out to take pictures? hmmmm Not for me! But I honestly think I did pretty good...and actually I have wanted to try for years (use to drive a tractor at the farm) and see if I could do it. Well, nobody better to teach me than Jean-guy. Had a great time!

I have about 1000 pictures and 800 of them are of Jean-Guy. His hard work, dedication and volunteering for the good of all of us still amazes me.

He is a true ambassador to the sport of Snowmobiling.

Thanks Jean-Guy!!

xoxoxox

hi linda !!!

hahhaha....great thx for nice words !!!

like i said ...glad that you ve tried grooming !!!

yaaa...eyes and arms are always busy !!!

grooming will be a complement to your sledding !!!

went grooming tq 5 yesterday !!!

so,if you re interested in '' drifts 601 '' course...time to come back !!!...hahhaha !!!

jean-guy

hi all !!!

rock'n roll day on tq 5 yesterday !!!

awesome drifts !!! whooooooo woooo !!!

was still windy ....but to afraid for trail....woke up at 2 am....then once at gas staiton ...hmmmm...a bit too windy there..went to check near farm and '' school bus ''...then decided to go back to sleep...

started my run at 9 30 am and back at 7 30 pm...only tq 5 ...i was out of fuel !!!!

only 2 sleds !!!

jean-guy

hi linda..... jackstraw...vt blu !!!

back from st alexandre and lac saumon !!!

linda.....now that you have the skills for grooming .....you also have the knack for pics !!!

great thx for sharing !!!

great thx for nice words ...very appreciated !!!

jackstraw !!!!

great traction on gilbert....when on top of drifts...just watch the drag not to keep too low...or when climbing....or if tractor is on top of drift and drag still climbing...must be careful !!! pulling too much snow can make tractor sink in the drift...

i guess there s probably a few little ones right now...great day today...no wind...

vt blu....

right...similar to march 2014....extra work ...but it change the routine...like that !!!

thx snobeeler !!!

while typing .......there was a deer walking in front of the house !!!...hahaa

jean-guy :drinks:

I don't know any of you folks but yet I feel I do. I look forward to viewing the photos & reading your posts.

Having been taken by surprise and personally experienced drifts like the ones depicted in your photos the week of Valentines Day 2015 after leaving Sainte-Anne-des-Monts I have a true appreciation for the amount of work it takes to traverse trails like that, let alone trying to groom them.

Thanks to each of you for the photos and suggestions based on your personal experiences.

Keep the pictures / posts coming. Your knowledge & experiences are worth sharing.

Paddy O - White Plains NY

P.S. Jean-Guy why do you think the deer was jumping straight up in the photo? Eating from a branch? Great photo.

Edited by nyskidooerinnewhampshire

Hi Paddy!

Thanks for stopping in! And for your nice comments too. Great group of people here for sure.

Jean-guy works hard at keeping us up to date on the conditions during winter and helps us get through summer with pictures from his rides on the 4 Wheeler.

Maybe we will see you at the next 'Gathering'!

Welcome to QR

Lindasledgirl Ontario

hi nyskidooerinnewhampshire and linda !!!

welcome to qr !!!

always more interesting to read to add a few pics on a thread !!!

about the deer...he was maybe 125' in front of machine...his concentration was on the sound of motor....started to walk toward him to get closer......then his concentration moved to the sound of my boots walking on snow !!!

when he discovered that i was there....he made a u-turn and started to jump and went '' riding '' off the trail !!!

great work linda !!!

like the colors !!!

ps....another awesome day for riding !!!!

jean-guy

hi doonali and nshm !!!

great thx !!!

like that kind of pics....specially when there s still a bit of daylight....

see that often....but many times at the wrong place on trail...timing was good last night !!!

great sunshine day here !!!

jean-guy

Jean-Guy you do an awesome job but I know what you must be feeling like at the end of the season. I plow snow commercially on a small scale and have close to 220 man hours this winter in the tractor .You would have two to three times that!Like anything there is great solitude in going out in a storm , lights shining and taking on the elements something I enjoy and I'm sure you do also . We look forward to those first snows but by the end of March I'm sick of the stuff. I raise a glass to you for all those long hours of hard work and concentration you do for our enjoyment! Cheers!!!!

Very kind words all.

Linda I wouldn't be opposed to trying to make the next "gathering."

Jean-Guy thanks for the response referencing the deer and additional photos.

Paddy O'Reilly

Hey!! Great picture!! Hadn't seen that one lol

You are holding out!

Linda

bonsoir linda !!!!

i keep the best one for dessert !!!!...hahhaahha

you should see me laughing !!!

jean-guy