Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Hi JG

Newbrunswick got blasted with rain and for the most part no sledding right now.

We are very interested in your reports. In the new few weeks we will try to get up your way.

May try to leave from Cabano and go through Squatech then to your area.

Keep the reports coming!

Merci

hi whaler !!!

thx

very sad to to have rain at this time of year !!! let me know if you re coming !!!

posting pics help to visualize things !!!

jean-guy

hi all !!!

while replying to whaler ,that pic showed up on a group im on...

that guy is from ontario...actually in the gaspesie...

comment from the guy...

, here is some up to the minute info from him ..... Quoting the text messages he just sent me ....
"Actually the north side is shit we are gonna leave a day early. They had really warm temps and a lot of rain. I would recommend they stay to the south. Picture is of Mt. St Pierre there's snow in the mountains but not in the valleys"
"Trail 597 and 595 are mint I would recommend them but don't stay on North Shore until they get snow

hope it ll help !!!

jean-guy

hi all !!!

bare for sure !!!

bienvenue gt rider !!!

saw a comment about an hr ago....guy left matane this morning for amqui...he said valley was nice...but matane was another ''planet ''

pics of feb19 th 06 ...when there was snow !!!...18 hrs run !!!

jean-guy

attachicon.gifjgh6.jpg

hi all !!!

comment from the guy...

, here is some up to the minute info from him ..... Quoting the text messages he just sent me ....

"Actually the north side is shit we are gonna leave a day early. They had really warm temps and a lot of rain. I would recommend they stay to the south. Picture is of Mt. St Pierre there's snow in the mountains but not in the valleys"

"Trail 597 and 595 are mint I would recommend them but don't stay on North Shore until they get snow

hope it ll help !!!

jean-guy

Ditto on the north shore comment!

I looked in the rooms one time a few years ago, they were a bit dated but clean and warm. You can't expect the 4 Seasons at $55/ night. There is a new owner this year, a younger man, he talked about trying to improve things there. Hopefully he gets lots of business this winter to help fund improvements. La Cache is a vital part of the 595!!

I looked in the rooms one time a few years ago, they were a bit dated but clean and warm. You can't expect the 4 Seasons at $55/ night. There is a new owner this year, a younger man, he talked about trying to improve things there. Hopefully he gets lots of business this winter to help fund improvements. La Cache is a vital part of the 595!!

Steven don't get me wrong I love La Cache the hair on my neck always stands up upon arrival. Agree it is a vital link on the system. I was just sort of kidding...I deserve one of these... :vava:

attachicon.gifjgh6.jpg

hi all !!!

comment from the guy...

hope it ll help !!!

jean-guy

Wow I'm shocked to see how lean it got... thanks for sharing Groomer and keep the very good work on the trail and over this post... I don't write often but lurk regularly here. Probably one of the best post ever in a sledding forum!

I have a close up I can't find, I believe it makes Relais 22 look like the 4 Seasons...But sure beats sleeping in the snow, I think...

It depend what you are searching for when you are sledding. Over the years I personally slept there twice, the 2 times at the 2nd floor of the main building. It was very clean and very old of course, so old that it is a kind of gentle spirit over this place that make me feel home. The man that take care of us was very nice to talk with and a great cook. The place being small, we always meet others sledders with whom we had great talks. I personally prefer this place 10 times over an ordinary motel without soul... for me, it's this kind of special places that make my sledding trip worth it.

Steven don't get me wrong I love La Cache the hair on my neck always stands up upon arrival. Agree it is a vital link on the system. I was just sort of kidding...I deserve one of these... :vava:

It depend what you are searching for when you are sledding. Over the years I personally slept there twice, the 2 times at the 2nd floor of the main building. It was very clean and very old of course, so old that it is a kind of gentle spirit over this place that make me feel home. The man that take care of us was very nice to talk with and a great cook. The place being small, we always meet others sledders with whom we had great talks. I personally prefer this place 10 times over an ordinary motel without soul... for me, it's this kind of special places that make my sledding trip worth it.

Alain no disrespect meant for La Cache, I have a strange sense of humor. I wish the new owner the best.

Wow I'm shocked to see how lean it got... thanks for sharing Groomer and keep the very good work on the trail and over this post... I don't write often but lurk regularly here. Probably one of the best post ever in a sledding forum!

hi alain !!!

great thx for nice words...i could say the samething about your reports !!!

very though season ...tough between the 2 ears !!! not much encouraging to do a 10 hrs run when you know there s so little snow on trails !!!

beside the first run back in december...the most fresh snow i saw on the trail is about 4 inches !! nothing to get stuck !!!

no big drifts yet !!!.....every runs this season ...i could hear the toc-toc-toc-toc-toc of the tracks when trails are hard !!!...for hrs !!!

but could have a few surprises in march ...who knows ???

few pics to show you what gaspesie should looks like !!! i better start my snow dancing right now if i want to see that in march !!!

blue sky here...- 10c !!!

jean-guy

How does it loo for a trip to Gaspe this weekend? Any areas to stay clear of?

hi snomoboiler !!!

not encouraging at all !!! last weekend , snowed about one inch....yesterday morning ...windy ...fresh snow mostly gone !!!

then around noon ....+1 c....rained lightly for a while !!! this morning ...blue sky and -20c !!!

i have nt groomed since at least 8 days....maybe 11 !!!

i know around matane poor conditions...hay in the fields and ploughing !!!

ste anne des monts area icy spots and some dirt ....

ex director of club came to visit this morning ...said some dirt started to show up around amqui ..i guess around town...

just read a few mins ago...guy came back from gaspesie...he wrote....below 300' altitude...not much to do there !!!

not the greatest season around here !!!

btw,old pics !!!

jean-guy