Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

I spoke to Groomer at 3:30 am. On his way to groom. He is the happiest I have heard him this winter. Lots of snow and a 'bigger one on the way!'

I am very excited to see the pictures!!

Be safe!

Lindasledgirl

I spoke to Groomer at 3:30 am. On his way to groom. He is the happiest I have heard him this winter. Lots of snow and a 'bigger one on the way!'

Be safe!

Lindasledgirl

Good to hear he is in better spirits, I was getting nervous he was going to throw himself under the groomer!!!

Bahahaha

Be safe!

Lindasledgirl

He has a serious passion for flawless trails he couldn't be happier!

He said he got 10 inches out of the storm and a bigger one on the way, great!! Maybe the Gaspe is shaping up for the winter gathering??

hi all !!!

finally snow to work with ........i was tired to dig all the time to find some to put in the drag !!!

perfect timing for that storm ...very welcome !!

very happy for sure !!! was snowing like crazy at 4 am...super nice !!!

passion came back...very discouraging when there s no snow in sight on tq 5 for miles...and you spend 10-12 hrs per run !!!

steven, thats why i always put the hand brake while taking pcs...you never know...ahhhahahah

great run !!! started at 4 30 am ...back at gas station at4 15 pm...put juice in tank and went grooming st alexandre and lac saumon ..back at 9 pm ...i was still in shape at least to go to lake ...i ll do it tomorrow with local for ste marguerite..

i went 3x in the rhubarb today ....lost the edge...and << plouck << in the ditch !!!..pics ..bottom of long hill ste marguerite !!

very windy ...low traffic...met maybe guys from vermont...not sure ..green stickers !!!

i ll post more tomorrow !!!

enjoying a cold one for my 17 hrs run !!! :drinks:

jean-guy

hi david and tom !!!

well , went to bed around 1 am...clear sky ,woke up with 3 '' + of fresh snow !! very bad weather right now..i think i ll skip those 2 local trails...not time to go back in the rhubarb with weather like that , specially trail for lake...

i was going down long hill ste marguerite...put the '' bull '' in an angle to plow snow in the ditch to make trail wider....there s was mini drifts on the edge...looks like i lost the edge or concentration ....plouck .....but not kaputtt !!! hahah

i ll go back to put fuel in the machine and be ready for tomorrow !!!

jean-guy

Long range weather looking risky for next week ? I hope to start in Rimouski on 3/5 and have at least 4 good days before the +8 they are showing for Wednesday 3/9 ?? Thoughts ?

And thank you again for your hard work Groomer !

Long range weather looking risky for next week ? I hope to start in Rimouski on 3/5 and have at least 4 good days before the +8 they are showing for Wednesday 3/9 ?? Thoughts ?

And thank you again for your hard work Groomer !

hi pipeman !!!

excuse me...i can see you ve posted but just can t read it ....too much snow on my screen !!!.....hahhahha

seriously ......

great thx..very appreciated !!!

well ,if its +8c...trails can '' support '' that if no rain !! enough snow now !!

....but ,im talking not only for my club...others too....this will be tons of snow to pack ...i guess it ll take easily 2 , maybe 3 runs to bring back trails to '' normal '' without being too soft ...depending of temps

so , think about ....you could ride bumpy trails.....must be around 8 '' of fresh snow since early morning ...grooming tomorrow to pack trail...then another run to make it harder..if temps are cold...

so , could be risky ....expect maybe groomer down somewhere !!!

keep an eye on my thread ....it ll give you a better idea....

from 10 hrs am to now...probably snowing more than an inch an hr !!!

jean-guy

Wonderful news for all on the Gaspe ! Let it SNOW !

Thank you Groomer : ) for your professionalism and reports.

Paddy O

hi paddy o !!!

bienvenue !!!

well ,storm is over since about 1 hr...about 13-14 '' !!

went to fuel machine this afternoon .....hmmm... discovered a little problem ,so i won t be early on trails tomorrow !!!

i learned that carleton area was very windy today ...so , it ll be rock 'n roll there too !!

went to clean driveway of my brother this afternoon ...snow up a few inches of my knees ....and the snowbank...up to waist !!

jean-guy

hi sandy ...jeff and steven !!!

few pics from local trails..friday.....tons and tons of snow !!!...slower to groom ,but at least i had a smile !!!

saw mom + calf on top of the hill... after bridge on my way up to lake !!!

awesome day to ride...great weather !!!

i wish i could have a summit 154 '' !!!

i ll post more later !!!

jean-guy

After viewing your recent photos I am suffering from PTSD from our February 2015 Gaspe run with wife & daughter. WOW. Trails were certainly blown in.

​Hoping for a number of great days of riding ahead despite a forecast commingled with rain and rising temperatures after Wednesday. :drinks:.

Thanks for the photos. :good:

Edited by nyskidooerinnewhampshire

Pure beauty. Looking real nice JG. You do fine work.

hi don !!!

thx...tons of snow like that ...change all the scenery !!!..very nice !!!

went to clubhouse...then gas station to fuel machine....hmmm ..little surprise..i ll be late tomorrow on tq 5 !!

can t reach mechanic...

pics...lake and local trail ste marguerite !!!

jean-guy

HOLY COW! Your side-hill shots from the 4th make my butt pucker just looking at them. That was the day we slogged from Forestville to Escoumins.

Simple enough for for a sledder with two feet on the high side. But I guess you leaning up hill won't change the angle of the dozer much!

And nice job with your Bambi-Whispering!

post-181-0-66092800-1457324826_thumb.jpeg

post-181-0-65899500-1457324963_thumb.jpg

hi jg and david !!!

thx !!!

great to groom in deep snow...slower...but more fun !!!

with deep snow like that ..it ll be tougher for moose and deer !!!

david ...side hill shots...pics...13-14-15....on last post ...pics looks sideways a bit ..i had to look in front for the ''bull '' and holding camera in one hand...tracks were spinning a bit ....camera was sideways a bit too..thats why trail looks not to level ...first hill on the local trail for ste marguerite...

pic 15 ...the white '' stripe '' on the mountain is the trail for lake !!!

its a 6 ways ''bull ''...easy to put the hill back to level when lots of snow on the side..

looking at your pics..my kind of riding....one lane ...wooo hoo in the deep snow !!!..ahhaha

jean-guy