Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

WOOHOO! Heading up to RDL in the morning! We plan to be in Causapscal at the clubhouse buying you lunch on Wednesday JG!

hi shane !!!

pics taken by a friend of mine today !!! ...first 3 on the way up to lake...

pic 4 ...local trail ste marguerite

pic 5...when you quit long straight ste marguerite going west

pic 6 ...next to first field after ''school bus ''...coming back in town..

very light rain for now...nothing to bother at all...enough soft snow on trail to absorb it !!

+1 c !!!

see you wednesday , i llet my cell open for the occasion !!!

jean-guy

well, my friend from nova scotia landed here friday !!

we decided to go toward ste anne des monts saturday morning........then bad luck struck ...got lost ...

we landed on a road with nice snowy mountains ...maybe it was a park ...can t tell ???

after a few miles...there was plowed dirt road...we took the risk to go there...without knowing...

after 35-40-45 miles....in the middle of nowhere...small village....tbk steven.. we re lost again !!!

saw a few sleds by the sidewalk ...at the next stop sign....we took a guess....turned right....

after an hour or so...woooWWW big city in front of us...then after a few miles ...little tiny village with a big rock on the beach with a strange

hole on one end !!! looks like it has been rough there during the week ...don t see a strange hole like that in a rock everyday...we took a few pics there to show that strange rock to our friends !!!

then ,after 4hrs of driving ..finally found my house back !!!...feeewwwwww ...we were happy !!!

great thx steven for the great drive !!!

jean-guy :drinks:

I think it is safe to say a more than a few of us on this forum would have enjoyed getting "lost" in those big cities and small villages with you guys. No doubt it was fun for all involved.

Thanks for the daily updates.

Stay safe.

Paddy O

Très humoristique!

We all know you have a great way with words, but maybe I'm the only one who read "landed" and had no problem picturing you and a buddy bouncing around then touching down on a road in a small plane?

The Ambassador of Gaspesie and I had a huge Regional Tour!! I don't think we were really lost.......we had no idea where we were going in the first place!! Anyone who has rode with me knows I will strike off boldly in a direction and have no idea where I am going!! LOL.

We had an awesome day and covered areas that were new to both of us. The weather was perfect all day while we were site seeing. Yes there were more than a few TBK. I am not sure my friend is used to spontantaity like me but he rolled through like a champ. We left about 9am and it was close to 10pm when we landed back to his place. One thing with JG he will always remind you when it is time to eat!

A Great Weekend.

Some pics from our Adventure

post-5-0-19227900-1459726796_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-98273700-1459726814_thumb.jpgpost-5-0-96884100-1459726886_thumb.jpgpost-5-0-52790300-1459726848_thumb.jpgpost-5-0-08930900-1459726834_thumb.jpg

Edited by smclelan

lots of fun paddy o ....been to murdochville back in the early 90's with my truck by logging road...roughly 125 miles....

hhahaha..playhard.....we could probably '' burn '' the clutch and miss a few shifts on take off !!! and come back with a few black spruces on the tips of the wings as trappings and 3 flat tires after bouncing so much !!!

right iceman.....unexpected rides are the most memorable !!!

i did nt abuse the quebec word scorpionbowl !!!

phil...wanted to sit on a sled for a pic...but too shy !!!

great shot of covered bridge steven......river is all clear at the bridge over matapedia river ...by shortcut !!!

-15c right now...very windy !!!

fyi....clubhouse is closed mon-tues-wed....open back on thursday at 11 am

normally , i ll be on tq 5 tomorrow morning !!!

ps: take shortcut to go to albertville....road lower than ''school bus '' on tq 5 ...a bit too much dirt ...and snow banks are too high !!!

jean-guy

Edited by groomer

absolutely right jg !!!!...you remember those rides for a long time !!!

thx artsled !!!

back from grooming .....long day ...had to cut a few trees or bulldozing a few off the trail !!!

-18 c this morning ...blue sky and cold all day !!!

snow was very stiff to groom ....frame of machine must be 1 or 2 '' longer !!!

no traffic jam on tq 5 ...looks like there was 2 tourists at the st fidele cb ...they passed me ...few hundred feet from cb !!! and 2 locals a few miles later !!!

awesome weather ...blue sky ..bit windy ....-17c right now !!!

jean-guy

just back from meeting phil...shane ...jim ....and paul downtown albertville !!!

had lunch at gas station !!!

great thx guys for taking time to stop and say hello !!!

well...after 16 years of grooming and knowing them for the last 10 years except for paul a few years ago ...i learned something while talking ....

without naming name ....im NOT the only one who enjoy a NAP during the afternoon !!!

thx again !!!

jean-guy

Great to see you JG always a pleasure.

hi phil !!!

always great to see you too back in the gaspesie in the late season !!!

great thx again to stop and say hello !!!

grooming tomorrow local trails !!!

i took a short ride in the rhubarb at the bottom of long hill in ste marguerite !!!

jean-guy

Edited by groomer

hi all !!!

today.. 2 local trails !!!

great day and run !!!

could have been last official run...rain for tomorrow and friday !!!

vacation paycheck coming soon i guess !!!

jean-guy

O no all fin?

hi artsled !!!

well, i guess saison de surfacage est finie !!!

heavy rain last thursday !!! still good conditions for locals to ride !!!

took a '' tour de ville '' this morning ...trails still great....those who have direct access to trails will be able to ride for a while !!!

few '' brown spots '' in some fields ...but not on trails !!!

probably monday or wednesday ill bring back the machine to ''head office '' downtown albertville !!!

very quiet on trails now !!! people here don t like to trailer much !!!

jean-guy

Well Jean-guy thank you very much for all your time, effort and photos, really appreciate it! Hopefully next year,I'll be able to make it to your beautiful area. Looking at your photos just reminds me of how beautiful that area really is. Honestly, most likely the best in all of Quebec. When you factor in everything, trails and scenery. This year I just couldn't make it there...

attachicon.gifjgh2.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh3.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh4.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh5.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh6.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh7.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh8.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh9.jpg

hi artsled !!!

well, i guess saison de surfacage est finie !!!

heavy rain last thursday !!! still good conditions for locals to ride !!!

took a '' tour de ville '' this morning ...trails still great....those who have direct access to trails will be able to ride for a while !!!

few '' brown spots '' in some fields ...but not on trails !!!

probably monday or wednesday ill bring back the machine to ''head office '' downtown albertville !!!

very quiet on trails now !!! people here don t like to trailer much !!!

Well,hope,it,was,a,good,for,you! All,done soon grooming!

jean-guy

Well Jean-guy thank you very much for all your time, effort and photos, really appreciate it! Hopefully next year,I'll be able to make it to your beautiful area. Looking at your photos just reminds me of how beautiful that area really is. Honestly, most likely the best in all of Quebec. When you factor in everything, trails and scenery. This year I just couldn't make it there...

hi stan !!!

bienvenue !!!...thx for your appreciation....thread with pics always more interesting to look at !!!

great day today ...blue sky and very windy !!!!

probably the toughest season in 16 years of grooming...boring at the beginning because not much snow to put in the drag...trails were like cement..fun started in march with the storms!!!

artsled !!!

yaa..almost done with grooming ...club west from us stopped last weekend and yesterday i saw a message...rimouski closed...riding at your own risk !!!

look closely at the butt of deer ...looks like something took a bite on him !!! and looking at his face...he looks weak a bit !!!

jean-guy

I can't believe tomorrow is your birthday already!! Lol

bonjour linda !!!

hahahahaha....sorry , i completely forgot to reply !!! must be the age ???????

im going to take info ...some friends are already '' there ''....maybe ,starting tomorrow ,time to buy bloc-note to take note to help to remember !!! some friends already have the experience !!!

went to clubhouse...since cookerie is closed ...more quiet !!! when i left ,3 guys arrived from 587 !!!

sunny and cold and windy !!!

started to think about the camp + '' friends '''...few pics from last summer...in 2 weeks i should be able to ride a bit !!!

jean-guy