Track Shortage Solution

MrGutz

Hey Guys
Spoke to my Dealer and like many of us the New Spring Order Sled ( Enduro in my case ) will NOT come with the Ice Ripper Track.
After looking around for a replacement, Chris at C-T PowerSports said he can get a New Pre-Studded Track!
https://www.c-tpowersports.com/
chris@c-tpowersports.com
Give him a call! Shoot him an Email!
He is in the process of updating his website so the Tracks are not listed.
He's a great guy and customer service is Top Notch!
Think Snow!
Later
GutZ

I received an ice ripper 1.5 just the other day for my Viper.  Call Jourdan at CB performance she can get em.  I thought the chip shortage was the only part holding up delivery of the sno checked sleds.  My dealer has not said anything about track shortage.

Edited by Mac
misspelled name

1 hour ago, Mac said:

I thought the chip shortage was the only part holding up delivery of the sno checked sleds. 

Chips, tracks, and gauges (led screens)

here in QC I know bombardier is shipping sleds incomplete to dealers to finish when parts available

2 hours ago, Mac said:

I received an ice ripper 1.5 just the other day for my Viper.  Call Jourdan at CB performance she can get em.  I thought the chip shortage was the only part holding up delivery of the sno checked sleds.  My dealer has not said anything about track shortage.

46 minutes ago, NSHM said:

ST-24R_1_384x321.png?v=1597827866

ST-24R_2_384x321.png?v=1597827867

from $134.99
iGrip

ST-24R iGrip Standard Racing Studs

These are recommended for the 1.25" ripsaw coming on the enduros. 
    The prices listed are Canadian $

Yes I as thinking of calling every dealer I could think of from here to the border, but that seems like a ton of time on my side and then they will want Dealer $$ for the track.... 1100 ( Doo Price vs 650 from TracksUSA, who doesnt have any 137s pre-Studded)

iGrips for the sled.....They are saying Dec\Jan on even getting the sled.... so am I going to then ( I have no Garage ) start screwing in all these studs....

Or Just wait till next Summer and do it or whatever.

I'm not saying this is the best option. Chris @ C-T is down the road from the dealer, he will drop it off for me, I have one of their tracks on the Red Rocker and it is doing great.

Just want others to know, Call your dealer, find out, make a plan, this is an option.

Later

GutZ

6 hours ago, MrGutz said:

Hey Guys
Spoke to my Dealer and like many of us the New Spring Order Sled ( Enduro in my case ) will NOT come with the Ice Ripper Track.
After looking around for a replacement, Chris at C-T PowerSports said he can get a New Pre-Studded Track!
https://www.c-tpowersports.com/
chris@c-tpowersports.com
Give him a call! Shoot him an Email!
He is in the process of updating his website so the Tracks are not listed.
He's a great guy and customer service is Top Notch!
Think Snow!
Later
GutZ

Is the dealer / manufacturer paying for this?  That's a pretty big deal in my books for what arrived on a new sled.

5 hours ago, Signfan said:

Is the dealer / manufacturer paying for this?  That's a pretty big deal in my books for what arrived on a new sled.

BRP is giving a credit for the difference between Ripper and Ice Ripper.

For Me it will cover the cost to swap the Track.

But I can keep the non-Studded Track.

GutZ

On 10/14/2021 at 2:38 PM, Signfan said:

BRP is giving a $400 credit ....250 IGRIPS are $315 canadian or $254 US today/ free shipping.

Mine arrived in 5 days

9 hours ago, NSHM said:

BRP is giving a $400 credit ....250 IGRIPS are $315 canadian or $254 US today/ free shipping.

Mine arrived in 5 days

I put 200 of these in a track and put thousands of miles on them.  They are not like full size studs but they certainly work for corners and braking. No complaints with them at all.

19 minutes ago, Pipeman said:

My Lynx is supposed to have a 1.5” pre studded track, hopefully when/if  it shows up in December like my dealer said it should it will have that track on it 🤞

Give them a call, they should now know who is getting what.

Later

GutZ

On 10/22/2021 at 2:11 PM, Mac said:

Yeah i spoke to my dealer.  They know nothing at this point.

Mine neither...I'm wondering, for those of us that ordered the 1.25" IR, would BRP or the dealers offer a 1.5" IR instead of the credit?  Does anyone have experience with the 1.5" lug for trail riding?

3 hours ago, Spanky in Pembroke said:

Mine neither...I'm wondering, for those of us that ordered the 1.25" IR, would BRP or the dealers offer a 1.5" IR instead of the credit?  Does anyone have experience with the 1.5" lug for trail riding?

I have been running a 1.6" IR for the past 4 seasons. No complaints at all. I have not noticed premature slide wear but when needed I use scratchers. 

2 hours ago, Spanky in Pembroke said:

From what I hear the 1.5 works great for trail riding.  Putting one on my used sled this month.  I doubt the assembly line is going to make special requests.  Would really depend what you can negotiate with your dealer.  I get that they're having issues but this to me would be a major deal breaker.  Be interesting to see if any dealers would step up and do as you stated.  Kinda like delivering you a sled without reverse and offering you $500 to be happy.  I'd say give me $1500 and deliver it without a track.  I'm sure for liability reasons they would never go for that.

On 10/31/2021 at 3:21 PM, Signfan said:

From what I hear the 1.5 works great for trail riding.  Putting one on my used sled this month.  I doubt the assembly line is going to make special requests.  Would really depend what you can negotiate with your dealer.  I get that they're having issues but this to me would be a major deal breaker.  Be interesting to see if any dealers would step up and do as you stated.  Kinda like delivering you a sled without reverse and offering you $500 to be happy.  I'd say give me $1500 and deliver it without a track.  I'm sure for liability reasons they would never go for that.

I agree, if I end up with a 1-ply Ripsaw and $500 refund, I won't be a happy camper.  If it turns out my '22 is affected by the track shortage, I'll see what my dealer is going to do.

I understand they are doing what they can, but they should have shut down the Spring Break program when they noticed so many sleds being ordered.  Having these issues and delivering sleds in January-February (11 months after ordering them!) is ridiculous and could have been avoided.

This is going to be a real problem. At a dealer today for oil and was told and saw a hole line of sold sleds with no gauges. Worst was they are waiting on over two hundred new sled that customers are waiting on. Also a Polaris dealer, they have been told no deliveries until late February.

To me this is in no way the dealers fault. I know everyone is going to be upset and there is no way the manufacturer is go to have to listen to the unhappy buyers. What is sad is it isn't just one sled company, it's all of them. Where are the parts coming from, I don't know. I'm just urging people to be easy on the dealers. I can say this much , I bought oil that is 60 dollars a gallon now for 45 dollars last year price and we got our sleds in June. They didn't have to do that. So who would want to be in their shoes. Specially if it was owned by that person.