2024 Rivière-du-Loup trail conditions

Padragon800

Thanks Mark,           That is exactly what I am doing and what the manual says. The new setting just doesn't take. Old setting shows up when I hit the warmer button. I make the adjustment while the engine is running, and is still running when I check to see if my adjustment worked.

Hi Terry,,,           Came home today. Riding had been excellent but the weekend traffic wore away a lot of snow. More snirt now and some bare spots.  Not sure if grooming will bring it back or not. It was warmer past few days, around 30*, so snow didn't take a hard set over the weekend.

Hope we cross paths this winter.

mike

Thanks for the info Mike! Figured that things were probably not perfect, but hadn't seen many reports.  How's the new ride treating you? Any luck figuring out the warmers? Want to ride my new one, but guess I'll be waiting on ma nature for the go ahead!

I've learned to live with the warmers,  Came thru Maine yesterday and it was too late to swing to the dealer, so I didn't drop it off.  Sled goes really nice, rear rides really nice but ski suspension a bit stiff.  Gas tank doesn't like rail beds. Nice running engine.

Forgot about Rob’s tagged weather post above ! Not much snow coming up. Thursday nite says “snow” but no estimates.

Mike, Did you venture downtown and see if the restaurant is still there ?

Mark,    I did not get downtown during the entire trip. I think Big Lake talked about going but not sure.

Our happy hours lasted too long each evening and a dead battery in the truck for several days kept me at the hotel restaurant.

The deteriorating conditions from heavy weekend traffic may be returned to good again by the groomers, just not sure. Just won't survive a warm up.

1 hour ago, EastMark said:

RDL to Moose Valley mileage Mike ?

thanks !

118 miles total

88 miles QC

30 miles NB trails

Thanks guys. 

Hoping for some more snow. In RDL Tuesday. Temps look ok but sunny unfortunately.

Looking at 35 from Squatec towards Rimouski it hasn’t been groomed lately so they must be low snow in that area. 😞

Edited by EastMark

On 2/2/2024 at 11:23 PM, smclelan said:

Andyman and his partners just ran from Cabano to Matane, did not sound like it was bad at all.

Good info. Checked with Andy and he said it’s better than the reporting suggests.

We are there by noon Tuesday and will see !

I had a message from Mark a day or two ago saying trails were flat and fast, but the area may not survive a warm up.

Hopefully he may give an update tonight. I am guessing he would be back to the Universel tonight after his overnighter to Amquii.

mike

6 minutes ago, mikerider said:

I had a message from Mark a day or two ago saying trails were flat and fast, but the area may not survive a warm up.

Hopefully he may give an update tonight. I am guessing he would be back to the Universel tonight after his overnighter to Amquii.

mike

Thanks, I’ll be watching the post. We plan on arriving at the universal Sunday. 

54 minutes ago, yorkxf9000 said:

Thanks, I’ll be watching the post. We plan on arriving at the universal Sunday. 

Approx. 61/2" of total snow forecast for Mont Joli over the next 14 days after the soon forcasted rain. That is if you can believe the Weather Network.

I am. Since Tuesday. Been a blast.  It is flat and fast. Thin but very rideable. A little snirt in spots. Can’t take much warmup.

Went up to the windmills in Redemption. Lookout is very cool. Great weather but creeping up in temp each day. Got a bit mushy this afternoon. Early morning is your friend right now.

Edited by EastMark