2024 Rivière-du-Loup trail conditions

Padragon800

7 minutes ago, EastMark said:

I am. Since T

We got here tonight

be back tomorrow night and saturday too

out n back rides

maybe see you in morning 

Enjoy!!I am  looking forward to seeing how you make out, and how the trails survive the heat wave, and weekend traffic. I am hoping to be in the Bas St-Laurent next week. I will be riding out of Northern Maine, so I can head to Riviere Du Loup, or further East if the Riviere Du Loup area is too beat up.

Conditions were good on 80% of the trails. The percentage of shirt is up a lot since yesterday AM.

Typical mid season warm up that looks like spring riding. We were lucky to get in to ride Tuesday on…as we guessed it’s changing. Not sure how they even groom some of the areas that are real thin…while others remain thin but very good.

Anywhere off the blue trails. Was 9/10 everywhere we roamed. 
mrs ice is putting the social media together. Look for it soon. 

great riding. Tomorrow is another story not tons of rain but warm and some rain. Lots of sleds an more on a saturday. Here shows more snow next week but not much. 

17 minutes ago, iceman said:

great riding. Tomorrow is another story not tons of rain but warm and some rain. Lots of sleds an more on a saturday. Here shows more snow next week but not much. 

Thanks very much. 

19 minutes ago, iceman said:

great riding. Tomorrow is another story not tons of rain but warm and some rain. Lots of sleds a more on a saturday. Here shows more snow next week but not much. 

Thanks for the trails report, hopefully they’ll be some snow left when we get there Sunday afternoon. 

And the TQ5 and 85 were fine very rideable just more traffic on blues and it shows. 
Never seem brown snow in February in RDL, Basically never seen brown snow in February anywhere except near St Michael des Saints between Cabanon and St Michael. 

wheels for gas February 8? 

2 minutes ago, iceman said:

And the TQ5 and 85 were fine very rideable just more traffic on blues and it shows. 
Never seem brown snow in February in RDL, Basically never seen brown snow in February anywhere except near St Michael des Saints between Cabanon and St Michael. 

wheels for gas February 8? 

Yeah it’s definitely been a strange winter for sure, same here in Maine. Kinda crazy really! 

3 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

I'm hoping last week of February and first week of March will be the prize this year...if not ...we can chalk this up to the worst year ever.

Maybe yes Maybe no check back later. 

16 minutes ago, EastMark said:

What a pleasure Ice ! My pleasure.

Super nice to get to meet you. We shall meet again. 

4 minutes ago, EastMark said:

Saw that. Specifically it said no more grooming until at least receiving 20cm more snow. 

people traveling may pass to return to home or their trucks. 
locals told to stay off trails to try to save as much of base as possible 

it’s on life support in many regions. Others will bouce back but conditions are not gonna hold without new snow.

At the last minute I decided to drive to RDL two days ago, on Sunday. Didn't have much hope for great riding, but was going stir crazy sitting around the house.  I also heard SkiDoo invited the sled magazine press to Quebec starting Sunday to ride the 2025 sleds. Several years ago they did this same thing and stayed at the Universel in RDL. It was great getting to talk to the factory guys. Turns out (found out today) this time around they went northeast of Montreal. 

Driving up thru Maine, Jackman actually looked pretty decent. The Chaudierre region of Quebec looked like toast, no riding there. In fact I didn't really see good snow until about 30 miles before RDL. Pulled into RDL seeing bare tar everywhere. Yuck!!!   Less than an inch of new snow fell Sunday night.

Today I finally decided to unload the sled and take a look around the area. Anyone who has been here knows how big the hotel parking lot seems when it is bare tar. Onto the trail heading for the clubhouse.  Snirt, dirt, some ice, and more snirt. This may be a short ride. I remember my January trip here, 1,800 miles of low snow but perfect conditions, except on the last day when the warm up came.

Drive by the club house, closed today.  Thinking head South and SW.   In the blink of an eye, or maybe someone spiked my morning coffee with magic mushrooms, I was in the middle of all out winter, a true winter wonderland. Beautiful packed powder, groomed to perfection, trees coated in white,and what appeared to be a better snow depth than my January trip. Giddy up MXZ baby.

Further I got, it appeared this area got half a foot of fluff Sunday night.  I did a 100 mile loop that was 5 star riding,  every bit as good as the 5 star meal I had last night at Hotel Levesque.  Quick meal at Exploreteur Clubhouse. Eventually made my way north to trail 5.  The last few miles of trail 5 was much lower snow pack but still really nice except for a couple snirts here and there.

Since arriving here, weather forecast changed from a cold week to a gradual warm up starting tomorrow and rain later in the week. Hopefully I can remember to bring my camera on tomorrow's ride.

Several groups left for Gaspe in the past few days. Just saw one sled return via flat bed a few minutes ago.

mike

Today seemed to stay below the freezing mark making a nice ride today with lots of sunshine. Getting out of town is getting somewhat bad but still doable. Few miles out and things change drastically for the better. I am guessing there are some loops I won't try as those close to the St. Lawrence may or may not be good. And trails around Club Hiboux showed closed. Just sticking to the southerly trails where I know its really nice.

DSCF0034.JPG

DSCF0030.JPG

DSCF0029.JPG

DSCF0031.JPG