Lets see some break down pics.

crazysnow

Not exactly a breakdown !!!! But I'm going back a couple of years , we were headed to MAINE when we got there almost no snow ,but there was a storm in the forecast , we went to bed after a couple of cold ones , that night almost 2 feet of snow fell,when we woke up the fun started ,like little kids breaking trails all over the place.

Then we were on a trail and my friend was daydreaming taking it all In, and off he went. lol

It took all five of us to get him out , we all got stuck all day long , but we had a lot of fun and laughs.

One of my most memorable trips :drinks:

The Crazy One !!!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly a breakdown !!!! But I'm going back a couple of years , we were headed to MAINE when we got there almost no snow ,but there was a storm in the forecast , we went to bed after a couple of cold ones , that night almost 2 feet of snow fell,when we woke up the fun started ,like little kids breaking trails all over the place.

Then we were on a trail and my friend was daydreaming taking it all In, and off he went. lol

It took all five of us to get him out , we all got stuck all day long , but we had a lot of fun and laughs.

One of my most memorable trips :drinks:

The Crazy One !!!!

What the, another Yamaha in the ditch, go figure! :rofl:

This happened on the last day of a multi day ride, heading back from Lac St Jean. Believe it occurred on Lac Eduard (JG, please correct me) right after lunch.

After our lunch break, ripped across a lake and my engine went bang.... needless to say, the tow back was interesting since it was 90 miles to a gas station, being pulled by Jean Guy's Apex... post-1155-0-69429300-1346731258_thumb.jpg

post-1155-0-04260500-1346731270_thumb.jpg

post-1155-0-29482600-1346731301_thumb.jpg

post-1155-0-71669600-1346731283_thumb.jpg

A cold seized engine, lean out due to a bad seal on the engine. Covered under warranty, sled was only a couple of months old and had around 1800 miles in it. Was riding again a week after dropping off the sled.

This happened on the last day of a multi day ride, heading back from Lac St Jean. Believe it occurred on Lac Eduard (JG, please correct me) right after lunch.

After our lunch break, ripped across a lake and my engine went bang.... needless to say, the tow back was interesting since it was 90 miles to a gas station, being pulled by Jean Guy's Apex... post-1155-0-69429300-1346731258_thumb.jpg

post-1155-0-04260500-1346731270_thumb.jpg

post-1155-0-29482600-1346731301_thumb.jpg

post-1155-0-71669600-1346731283_thumb.jpg

A cold seized engine, lean out due to a bad seal on the engine. Covered under warranty, sled was only a couple of months old and had around 1800 miles in it. Was riding again a week after dropping off the sled.

There's something very common. A yamaha towing a doo

You got that right Jim. When was the last time you ever heard of a piston replacement in a Yamaha??

Had to do that on my Yamaha... Its quite common.

Engine had 400 hours on it and the mechanic felt it was due... Valves were just starting to go out of tolerance. Keep in mind, this was off of my 660 thumper....

I don't talk shit about other brands as I've owned them all. Nevertheless, bearing pistons and rings are way more common on Ski Doos. Undeniable at least compared to Yamaha.

True, but your also comparing 2strokes to 4 strokes. The Doo 1200 4stroke has been flawless.

True, but your also comparing 2strokes to 4 strokes. The Doo 1200 4stroke has been flawless.

They (Doo, Poo, Yami, And Cat) are all a bunch of parts put together going across very rough terrian, in extreme cold, at high speed......they all break!!

Even the clutches on the Doo 1200 4strokes!!!

They (Doo, Poo, Yami, And Cat) are all a bunch of parts put together going across very rough terrian, in extreme cold, at high speed......they all break!!

Well said !!!!! x2 on that :acute: .

They must break because of "Operator Error". Mine has 12,500 miles on it and hasn't broke.

They must break because of "Operator Error". Mine has 12,500 miles on it and hasn't broke.

Hi Bill,

Are you saying you never had any problems with any of your snowmobiles over all the year's you been riding ?

sometimes you get a good one, and sometimes a bad one , and you can do all the right things maintence, pm etc. and still shit happens. Correct me if I'm wrong !!! :drinks: .

Agreed. Snowmobilers are all test pilots for the manufacturers - especially on first year sleds.

I had a 05 600 rmk that must have been built after a 4 day factory binge. It would over heat at neg 20 in 2 ft of fresh snow. That entire season I carried a compete rebuild including power valves jug connecting rods etc. I gave some consideration to wing nuts on the head to save time. Left the keys in the sled every night not one fool all season.

Now that I think about it my 2000 800 was just as good. That didn't make it out of the dealer before blowing. The second time was in saint raymond 5 miles on it.

Good times.

Most of my doo's seem to have had electrical issues the one 06 sdi finally took an entire electrical system till it was fixed.

I'm honestly looking at Yamaha for this year. Handover pa dealer has a 11 mountain sled new for a good price.