rmotion

600IQHO

Anyone with the rmotion quick adjust system. Once you initially did your set up do you adjust frequently or was it a set it and pretty much forget it? Will most likely do my spring order on Saturday and I am trying to decide what I need and what I don't.

To me this thing makes sense.We adjust clutches when we ride different kinds of snow.Also track ( shocks or springs ) adjustments make a difference.This is fine tunning.There was a time when the average joe just turned the key..Those days are over and some companies have realized that.Sure beats laying my sled on its side when I need to change mine for wet snow..Jack

Unless it works as bad as the yammie one on the handlebar..lol..

I spring ordered my sled and I did not get the quick adjust because I ride groomed trails with saddle bags on and loaded 99% of the time. I set my sled up to my liking and then go riding until the snow melts. LOL No need to make further adjustments.

Andy

Pic taken this afternoon near Fundy National Park NB.

post-14-0-94470300-1363651028_thumb.jpg

I spring ordered my sled and I did not get the quick adjust because I ride groomed trails with saddle bags on and loaded 99% of the time. I set my sled up to my liking and then go riding until the snow melts. LOL No need to make further adjustments.

Andy

Oh to be retired

Nice pic Andyman. Just my opinion. Save yourself $ 400 Once you find the setting you like .... You're not going to play with these Adjustments all the time. I pre-ordered last year and opted not to get them.

Pretty much what I was thinking for trail riding. Get it adjusted and just ride. I think I will go for the 3rd year engine warranty instead. After all I plan on keeping these for a while that is why I am going with 4stroke.

R-Motion,

I had it on my 2012, loved it. I have it on my 2013, love it again. Both sleds I have had the adjustments on the running board. The one (big one) adjusts for weight of the rider...If you have more than one rider using the sled, might be handy. Other side...22 clicks adjustment. I change it all the time and I am too old and too out of shape to dig around underneath. I LOVE that its on my running board. I like to adjust for conditions. Lots of snow, feel floaty, need more ski pressure, hard pack, moguls, smooth trails. I love being able to fine tune my ride for the conditions.

Linda

Oh and get in the way??? They don't get in the way of anything.

Andy

Nice to see you out riding Andy, do they groom in the Provincial parcs in NB?

Snow check?? Your sled is still new.

Well Dave, you're getting opinions from both sides. I think both sides are valid. I'm in the same boat as you and I'm getting ready to spring order my new sled. One day I want the QA (quick adjusters) and the next day I don't think I'll use them enough.

QuebecMtn Jack does a lot of off trail and uses his a lot.

Linda brings up a good point with more than one rider using the sled.

The others are geared more towards trail riding and are in the set it and forget it mode.

I think the biggest factor is will the sled be used for the same type of riding day after day i.e. trail riding, or is the sled trail riding one day, ditch banging the next and then out in the deep snow in the mountains?

Sandi has a 2013 Renegade without the QA. This past season, the spring preload was set on 1, the lightest setting. Brand new, the sled was fine. After 600 miles the springs had set a little and Sandi said the sled wasn't riding as good. I bumped the preload up to 2 and that took care of it. We didn't saddlebag this season so I didn't do any other adjustments on it. I never touched the shocks. Also we have been using the same dealer for many years and they can set the sled up to our style out of the box pretty close to what we need.

I'm 100% trail riding so I'm leaning towards no external adjusters. When I put the saddlebags on, I'll have to get under her and crank it up a notch or two.

I'm going to take the money and purchase the 36 month B.E.S.T. warranty.

Not trying to steer you or anyone else one way or another. Just my thoughts.

Oh, about the leaking adjusters. The dealer said there are still a few sleds that are having problems but not all of them.

Jack & Sandi

Just to clairfy...I ride trails 99% of the time. I like to adjust for different conditions...the 22 settings make a world of difference for when I am in slippery trails with a dusting of snow (I get nervous and change it to dig in a bit more in the ski's) and if the trails are soft and squishy and I feel its too heavy in the front...I can lighten it up. In the morning...crispy, afternoon squishy, I am adjusting my ride and love that I am not climbing underneath.

When the trail up Devils Mountain was like a wash board, I dialed in my clicker and literally blew by the group lol...just showing off my Rmotion to my best buddy that tells me he wouldn't spend the money on it. He rode it down the mountain and loved it! It does make a difference for sure...it smooths out the chatter.

Another friend of mine has the BC X this year, has Rmotion and keeps his at 11 most of the time, doesn't have the quick adjust but he has no trouble to get under and change it. He did say to me that he wished he put them on the rail...just to make it easier...when you are in this deep, what's another few hundred.

I'm with Linda :angel: I ride on the fast side and like a lot of ski pressure. So, early in the AM when the trails are hard (especially) in spring time . Nice feature to back off the ski pressure which is tuff on the forearms. Pricey, but a nice user friendly "glove on" feature.

JUST ANOTHER GADGET and this is why we pay so much for sleds today , If you are crazy for adjusting go for it . but for me the old way works fine , i can adjust underneath , lots of room and less to break , Yamaha and others have tried this and failed even with the olhins $1600 shock , broken all the time and you pay when off warranty , so save your $400. but not bashing i like the R MOTION . JUST GOT MY NEW SLED but have not made up my mind on rear skid yet. but another 140 km on yeaterday and today is a blizzard around here , 1 foot of snow so far , so i will be out again.. 2 updates for my nitro xtx , its a cold sled , and gas range sucks about 150 km. per tank. 27.7 liters and i put in 25.5 , so too close for comfort.. also reverse is hard to engage , much harder than other yams i have had. i loosened the chain a little and lubed mech. but still no good , might have to bring to dealer to check. ANYWAY MY 2 CENTS

Yes Ray it is nice to be retired no question. Bill yes that is Lisa's Ace , I sneak it out of the garage when she isn't looking and go riding. Hard to resist the great gas mileage and with the spring conditions you can't go fast anyway. JG yes they groom In Fundy Park it is a National Park one of the few in the country where sledding is allowed but my sources tell me there is a move to try to get the government to allow more park access across the country. Loooks like snow tonight so we should be able to get some more riding in later this week.

Andy

Save the money and use it for something else ....its just as easy to turn the knobs under the sled as it is to turn the dials ....that just get in the way of bags and feet depending on how you ride..

Thanks to all who responded. I do not normally adjust, but I never owned a Doo so I wanted some opinions on the rmotion. The rear shock on my Polaris was easy as it was located right under the seat and once set up I only adjusted it one time. The front shock clicker is located down low at the bottom of the shock and due to some rough trails I wanted to give it couple clicks but it was iced and I could not turn it. It looks like the front clicker is located high on the rmotion so It looks like you could still turn it if you had to after several days of riding. I will take a closer look on Thursday when Ski Doo is in Fogelsville PA. Unfortunalely no demo rides down here.

Just to clairfy...I ride trails 99% of the time. I like to adjust for different conditions...the 22 settings make a world of difference for when I am in slippery trails with a dusting of snow (I get nervous and change it to dig in a bit more in the ski's) and if the trails are soft and squishy and I feel its too heavy in the front...I can lighten it up. In the morning...crispy, afternoon squishy, I am adjusting my ride and love that I am not climbing underneath.

When the trail up Devils Mountain was like a wash board, I dialed in my clicker and literally blew by the group lol...just showing off my Rmotion to my best buddy that tells me he wouldn't spend the money on it. He rode it down the mountain and loved it! It does make a difference for sure...it smooths out the chatter.

Another friend of mine has the BC X this year, has Rmotion and keeps his at 11 most of the time, doesn't have the quick adjust but he has no trouble to get under and change it. He did say to me that he wished he put them on the rail...just to make it easier...when you are in this deep, what's another few hundred.

It all adds up quick for me! I am buying 2 of them so everything is double! I have to keep Sharon happy after all or there might not be a next season. lol!

It all adds up quick for me! I am buying 2 of them so everything is double! I have to keep Sharon happy after all or there might not be a next season. lol!

I bought two this year...both have quick adjust...you're in this deep what'a another $800? I didn't bother getting the bigger windshield, didn't feel with the new design that I need it. So...there's a spot with savings since everyone here thinks we should save a few bucks.

I just want them...so I have them. I don't need any more jewelry or ornaments to dust...so take it out of that account lol

In other words...NOTHING brings me more fun/ pleasure or plain old stress free vacation that my snowmobiling...I want the quick adjust and use them all the time.

Besides...they are great at keeping the wine for the camp from sliding off the running boards! lol

Cheers!

Linda

I bought two this year...both have quick adjust...you're in this deep what'a another $800? I didn't bother getting the bigger windshield, didn't feel with the new design that I need it. So...there's a spot with savings since everyone here thinks we should save a few bucks.

I just want them...so I have them. I don't need any more jewelry or ornaments to dust...so take it out of that account lol

In other words...NOTHING brings me more fun/ pleasure or plain old stress free vacation that my snowmobiling...I want the quick adjust and use them all the time.

Besides...they are great at keeping the wine for the camp from sliding off the running boards! lol

Cheers!

Linda

hahhahah!!! :good:

just too bad i don t have pics to prove how rough it was for the last 5 miles from the lake !!

jean-guy

Nice work Jean-Guy!! Haha!!!

You have my back...I love it!

Linda

And don't worry...all bottles next time! haha!! Right Crazysnow?