Mt Apica

rev39

hi rev39 !!

thx for asking, forgot to post!! saw a thread about that yesterday on french forum.....looks like the club in that area could nt find a reliable person to take care of relay.....

so ,mt apica will be a warming hut for next season.......no more gas and food!!!

jean-guy

With careful planning you don't need it, but it sure was handy! In past years depending on who/how it was run it was really nice to have there. Maybe Greg can leverage his contacts in the area and let us know if there is any chance of it being open.

Mark.

Edited by markusvt

That place saved my butt a couple years ago when riding in freezing rain I missed a turn and put my sled out of commission, met a super nice guy from Alma who rode his sled home, came back with his truck and brought me to the trailer in Beaupre, I spent 4 hours there watching curling (wanted to kill myself LOL). Damn shame but it seems like they have had issues the last few years trying to keep it open. We stay in contact and are friends now. In case he reads this, Rejean Bouchard you are a great person.

Hmmmm, I swore I was told by a local up there they would be open with food and gas this winter. I'll do some digging....

hi pipeman !!

the info has been posted on french forum by someone working for admdq .....associations des motoneigistes du quebec..

jean-guy

That place had great hot chocolate, fuel and a bathroom (very appreciated last year, it was -39C that day)...how can they not find someone to work?

hi pipeman !!

the info has been posted on french forum by someone working for admdq .....associations des motoneigistes du quebec..

jean-guy

Hi Groomer,

Won't be long now I hope you put a fresh coat of wax on her ??? Ok, that's unfortunate about Mt Apica seems they are always hit and miss.....oh well :sorry:

Hi Groomer,

Won't be long now I hope you put a fresh coat of wax on her ??? Ok, that's unfortunate about Mt Apica seems they are always hit and miss.....oh well :sorry:

yaa..hope so !!! just checked a few pics...dec 3 th 07 ....i was grooming tq 5 for first time !!!

about 3'' of fresh snow last night...but turned to drizzle mid morning !!!

jean-guy

That place had great hot chocolate, fuel and a bathroom (very appreciated last year, it was -39C that day)...how can they not find someone to work?

I second that, was a very very cold day.

Having hot chocolate and coffee in the middle of the Parc is a gift, hope to have it again this season.

I second that, was a very very cold day.

Having hot chocolate and coffee in the middle of the Parc is a gift, hope to have it again this season.

attachicon.gifIMG_11891.png attachicon.gifIMG_11901.png

hey JG WOW was it cold that day !!....

...My wife, she's still talking about it....and got a new helmet and "brutal" temp thermals !!

020_zps8fcc5dcd.jpg

I remember that day! JG and I rode out in front of everybody after the rest stop because my visor stopped working. Snow dust was bad but we had a good run of cat and mouse.

Edited by snowfarmer

• 2 weeks later...

Mont Apica Good news update. as reported by Le Journal le lac-st-jean and our friend Robert Bilodeau of Auberge Presbytre.

Snowmobile season 2013-2014 All snowmobile enthusiasts can look forward to this season. For riders in the Laurentides wildlife reserve, the management committee of trail # 23 officially announces that the trail that allows the passage of snowmobilers, between L'Etape and Hébertville is now open. "The trail will be ready for the weekend of December 20th. Early conditions should be expected, but the circuit is completely passable and safe, "said Robert Bilodeau, Trail # 23 Manager.

Also, good news! Mont Apica will open all winter for snowmobile customers. New managers of the relais, recently completed renovations to provide an environment more pleasant and welcoming to tourists wishing to warm, refuel gasoline or a good meal. Restaurant service and gasoline will available at affordable prices to trail users. Note that every winter, over 14,000 snowmobiles run on this trail and it is a major gateway to the region for snowmobilers