Screw Monts Valin!

scorpionbowl

I'm sure this will stir things up, but I've had enough. Feel free to comment...

There's just too much snow, wind, and traffic to keep up with what I'm sure is a reduced grooming budget. Say what you want about the number of groomers, hours groomed, and money spent, but if you don't hit the trail within a day of grooming, forget it, 12 hours if you're talking about 93. When groomed, they are perfect and the groomers are among the best, but that's only good for a day.

I've had a hard time finding a trail that wasn't perfect outside Monts Valin, this week. Monday up the Claremont express to 383 to 367, even the trails at the intersections looked perfect. 93 to st honore perfect, after that, 93, 267, 262, 264, 269, 251, 252, and more 93 were junk, plus pelchat, but pelchat was the best of them all. That's Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday, 93 from Valinouet east was groomed and the 328. Still nothing on 267, 476, and 93 past 328. Whatever the orange trail from scoobyraid west is, was crap. Then our group split. South to 367, 383, to 23 to st Raymond, perfect. Everything north of lac st jean perfect, mostly groomed last night, with reports that it was perfect yesterday too, before the grooming. 93, 373, and we saw just about every orange trail at an intersection or we rode it, perfect.

Every time I pass a groomer and say why is he grooming a perfect trail, I take note, that's the place to ride, and that doesn't happen in Monts Valin...

Yup when its good its good, but the traffic is such there that with the snow they get the trails get rough quick. You know well, forget that noise and head elsewhere. There is much better places then there. Its alot of hype. Too much snow is not always a good thing. Off Trail sure its the place no doubt. But unless you hit it just right its not worth it.

Those are the said to be "World Class Trails" Now that is funny.

I hear ya loud and clear.

Where are you now North of the Lac?

Edited by iceman

I don't think it's the traffic at least not this week, we have just shy of 1000 miles on and I don't think we passed more then a dozen sleds a day if that many. I think it's lack of grooming to save money.

And yes the trails where the worse on valins.

All the spinning of tracks some riders do, that can ruin the trails quick.

I wish the sled federation would do a campaign to educate people about trenching out the holes the groomer just filled in. I think some don't have a clue

mike

All the spinning of tracks some riders do, that can ruin the trails quick.

I wish the sled federation would do a campaign to educate people about trenching out the holes the groomer just filled in. I think some don't have a clue

mike

Yeah, apparently too many people get a high of spinning the track coming out of turns etc.

Kinda of annoying

• 1 month later...

I am going to TQ5 and ride behind Groomer. He knows what he's doing.

I have to say that Crazysnow talked me into riding the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It was the bery best trails i have been on. The groomers go out at 3 or 4 pm everyday. Federally funded its a job. I will be back.