Looking at New Trailers, opinions pls.

MrGutz

I want to buy a "locally" built trailer, so the contenders are:

Deck over, enclosed, 4plc, 22-ish long.

-Triton, Seem over priced and living on a name made years ago.

-Mission by Alcom (Have heard Good Things)

-SnoPro by Alcom (Same as Mission??)

-Blizzard, Appear nice and easy to deal with.

-ProLine, Leaning toward these guys.

Any info would be great!

Thanks

GutZ

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered a ProLine (inline 2 place). My reasoning for buying from ProLine was:

1) Favorable feedback heard from other's about ProLine

2) Also based on feedback from other's, the larger companies, especially today seem to be giving up some quality in the name of mass production/economies of scale.....as you eluded to with Triton above (I have the same opinion of Triton as you noted above).

3) As a family owned and operated business, PL appears to bring a certain level of passion/commitment to their products that sometimes is lacking in bigger companies....and hopefully that is reflected in the longer-term quality of the product.

For better or worse, that was my reasoning. I ordered mine based off their website, and I'll probably have it delivered.....so sight unseen and expect it mid-Nov.

Good luck.

My trailer was bought on the last day of the Novi Michigan snowmobile show. It was a great deal. That show is this weekend.

I ordered a ProLine (inline 2 place). My reasoning for buying from ProLine was:

1) Favorable feedback heard from other's about ProLine

2) Also based on feedback from other's, the larger companies, especially today seem to be giving up some quality in the name of mass production/economies of scale.....as you eluded to with Triton above (I have the same opinion of Triton as you noted above).

3) As a family owned and operated business, PL appears to bring a certain level of passion/commitment to their products that sometimes is lacking in bigger companies....and hopefully that is reflected in the longer-term quality of the product.

For better or worse, that was my reasoning. I ordered mine based off their website, and I'll probably have it delivered.....so sight unseen and expect it mid-Nov.

Good luck.

They are constructed well. Is yours coming from va or nh . looking at a 3 place inline pick up in va would be convenient since its on my way to the cabin. If I may what was the o.t.d cost

My inline Rance Renegade has served me very well the last 9 years. Get the one that you can do the most after upgrades to...lol

Like Flashing Lights and Spinney Rims.... Good Idea!

Don't encourage them.....

GutZ

My preference is OP trailers. They come in two, three, or four place models. They can have one or two axles as well as varing heights and colors. These trailers are made by all the major manufacturers and sold at many dealers close to you. The prices are always very reasonable, usually $100 / trip. Plus no issue with summer storage or taking room in the driveway in the winter. OP (other peoples) trailers....the choice of may a shrewd snowmobiler!!

My preference is OP trailers. They come in two, three, or four place models. They can have one or two axles as well as varing heights and colors. These trailers are made by all the major manufacturers and sold at many dealers close to you. The prices are always very reasonable, usually $100 / trip. Plus no issue with summer storage or taking room in the driveway in the winter. OP (other peoples) trailers....the choice of may a shrewd snowmobiler!!

LOL

NICE THINKING!

They are constructed well. Is yours coming from va or nh . looking at a 3 place inline pick up in va would be convenient since its on my way to the cabin. If I may what was the o.t.d cost

Mine's coming from NH. They utilize someone from NH for deliveries and net/net, especially given my near-term schedule, it's better for me to have it delivered. Actually I'm meeting him near Scranton, PA to save him some driving and it's only 2 hours (4 round trip) for me. Delivery to your cabin may be simpler for you???

Their prices are listed on their website. I added elec brakes to the single axle and aluminum wheels (I like the bling). Of course I have to pay PA sales tax once I register it here.

http://www.nhtrailers.com/

Edit: I ordered mine in early Oct and the lead time was ~6 weeks. Not sure what the current lead time would be. I got the IS 716.

Edited by im4snow

Mine's coming from NH. They utilize someone from NH for deliveries and net/net, especially given my near-term schedule, it's better for me to have it delivered. Actually I'm meeting him near Scranton, PA to save him some driving and it's only 2 hours (4 round trip) for me. Delivery to your cabin may be simpler for you???

Their prices are listed on their website. I added elec brakes to the single axle and aluminum wheels (I like the bling). Of course I have to pay PA sales tax once I register it here.

Edit: I ordered mine in early Oct and the lead time was ~6 weeks. Not sure what the current lead time would be. I got the IS 716.

Nice thank you. I went to Wilkes university. Wife went to Scranton. Was hoping to stop in but

thank you. Wife went to Scranton I went to Wilkes. but the tax goes to a good usage not

I just bought a new R&R 718PSD 3 place in line, pleased with it but we'll see after winter of towing it. Before it I had a Blizzard for 9 years no issues and a Worthington clam shell before that it also was a good trailer. If you like R&R they have a driver that will deliver, that's what I did.

When do we leave!

You can pick us up in Mass, I'll cover Gas!

GutZ

The six sled, V-nose Triton we used to pull with the Snowcoach was an excellent trailer and held up very well. They make a good unit, Now I have two Worthingtons (made in Williamsport, PA); a two sled in-line V-nose, and a 4 sled full width V-nose. The 4 sled Worthington is 12 years old, has made at least 40 trips to Quebec from PA, and is still going strong.

Hard to beat a Worthington. PS: They're all aluminum. Price is competitive.

timbo

The six sled, V-nose Triton we used to pull with the Snowcoach was an excellent trailer and held up very well. They make a good unit, Now I have two Worthingtons (made in Williamsport, PA); a two sled in-line V-nose, and a 4 sled full width V-nose. The 4 sled Worthington is 12 years old, has made at least 40 trips to Quebec from PA, and is still going strong.

Hard to beat a Worthington. PS: They're all aluminum. Price is competitive.

timbo

Timbo, good to hear, just bought a 4 place Worthington this summer.Its in very good shape, hope it works for our trips to Quebec.