Weekend at the chalet

Trailblazer

Drove up to the chalet yesterday morning with the crew, we were 7. Great time to break in my new ride.

Given the snow levels that we have i thought it best to make a few phone calls to some club directors to get some trail info.

Good decision, my plan was too take the 43 to the 319 up through La Minerve to the Petit Train du Nord 63 then over to the 53 south to the 43 for a return trip.

Info I got.....319 North of La Minerve has a few holes where the dozen went through and there's 2 ft of water in the holes, their plan of action is to fill the holes with logs and snow.

43 east towards Lac des Plages has a 100 ft section of mud that the dozer went through and was told is passable by sled but you'll need to give a wash later.

43 west though Papineau Labelle is in perfect condition to Notre Dame des Laus and condition North was unknown.

Our decision was to head to N.D. Des Laus for lunch and return seeing it was the best option.

Local trail out of the cottage 10/10.....43 through the Parc 10/10....53 up to N.D. des Laus was a shared trial with the atvs, a forest road that was plowed 80% of its width for the atvs and what was left was for the sleds, slow going there, Eco mode trail.

Sorry no pics of the trail going to N.D. des Laus cause I put my phone in the HEATED GLOVE BOX and the battery froze???? Lesson learned, took fuel. 85klms 12$

Return trip....same way back.....everybody in a hurry for APRÈS SKI.......DOO, took 22$ for return ride so no trail pics but omg 10/10 conditions.

post-488-0-65968400-1453684910_thumb.jpg

post-488-0-90921400-1453684945_thumb.jpg

post-488-0-71026600-1453684961_thumb.jpg

post-488-0-42421900-1453684979_thumb.jpg

post-488-0-59672300-1453684993_thumb.jpg

Sunday we go visit a freind, have a fire on the ice, eat hot dogs, take plain rides and do a little dragging on the ice.

post-488-0-26602900-1453685177_thumb.jpg

post-488-0-17646600-1453685195_thumb.jpg

post-488-0-92094500-1453685225_thumb.jpg

1200 pulls like crazy, Jackstraw you are on the money when you said I'd love the torque, what else is a good feature.....however at first I thought when would I ever use the Eco Mode on the mode switch, well as it turns out the Eco mode won't let the engine rev higher than 5000 rpm and limits the speed to 70 kph which workers out real swell in the twists when you don't want that throttle jerk. Standard and Sport mode are very similar. Top speed was impressive when dragging.

post-488-0-88805300-1453685212_thumb.jpg

A little treat waiting for us back at the chalet.

post-488-0-93989100-1453685237_thumb.jpg

Overall the Enduro really surprised me with the torque, a totally different ride from the Yam, it will take some time to get used to it. Loved the Mode switch and controllable air shock. Linq system very practical and well thought out, should have that on every sled. Windshield gave good protection for the handle bars, I bought muffs but not so sure I'll be using them.

Thanks for the report. We left saturday from Mt Pellier and up through Minerie? To Mt Laurier. Way there was ok with both rail lines good Way back the traffic was taking its toll on the snow. Still amazed at what they have done with the lack of snow. Hoping to try abitibi this weekend.

Glad to hear you like the sled, JG. Been trying to convince you to convert for a number of years. Can't get enough of the torque, smile every time I ride.

Renovations on the chalet look sweet, can't wait to see it in person.

Edited by hparaptor

Sweet new sled Jean-Guy! Looks like you had a great weekend with the guys. Nice top end for sure. I wonder if gps would collaborate with the sleds speedometer. Did you leave the ski/carbide set up stock? That linq system is fantastic. I wonder how long until that patent expires. The other sled manufacturers need to get up to speed with that system. No skis on that Cessna eh? Low snow cover on the ice works fine with wheels I guess.

Thanks for the report & stay well.

Best,

Tom

Edited by Florida Snowman

Looks like you had fun. When in St Remi on Sat, I meet a fella all by himself who said he had come from Labelle on the 323 his words were, a little rough. He wanted to go back via lac des plages, I'm guessing if he did that mud hole would have made him wish he had taken the 323 back.

Funny I've been riding Ski Doo for 12 years now and been thinking that sled would be my next one , but after riding the wifes new Yama Cat I'm not sure ? Will be interested JG in your longer ride assessments .

Chalet looks great .. enjoy new sled . atleast you will get a break from the garage .. how is bernard

Bernard is well and starting to get the itch for another sled. He dragged the Vipers on the lake with his friends 2016 Tundra Extreme, Vipers didn't have a chance, what a surprise?!!!!

From Yamaha to Ski Doo :sorry: Good luck with it sure is a beautiful machine...

You had extremely bad luck on your other sled Phil, sorry for that. I or any one else for that matter would definitely lose faith after your experience.

Truth be told.......I didn't want to buy a product that was built in conjunction with A/C, I've had 3 cats in the past and I know all about them, didn't want another Apex too, after my experiences in repairs. Wanted to try something else and Doo was it.

Jack

That ITC is a real nice feature and boy does it put you back in Sport mode, hang on!!

Norm

Too bad about that fella, wonder if did the crossing.

Tom

Top end I'm sure will not match with GPS, there will be a differential. Won't be long before I put one on, looking at the Montana from BRP. Kept the original skis and bought some 7" carbides, thought I give them a try this season and see what happens next.

The lake had an oval track plowed on it, made for a good runway, no skis necessary.

Markusvt

No turbo, got lucky I guess.

You had extremely bad luck on your other sled Phil, sorry for that. I or any one else for that matter would definitely lose faith after your experience.

Truth be told.......I didn't want to buy a product that was built in conjunction with A/C, I've had 3 cats in the past and I know all about them, didn't want another Apex too, after my experiences in repairs. Wanted to try something else and Doo was it.

Jean-Guy I almost bought a spring check 1200 myself until the great deal on the Yamaha came up. So far so good, 3320 miles and back to the trailer twice... I truly wish you good luck it is a great platform that they built the Enduro on. :drinks: Hope to get to do some miles with you.

I see you got the extra size glove box, do you have the GPS for it too?

Yes JG I have the Garmin Montana 650t very happy with it fits really nice on the Sled.

Edited by crazysnow