A very sad 8 days for Andyman!

Andyman

In the space of 8 days we lost my wife Lisa's mother and last evening we lost my Dad. He bought me my first sled way back in the 60's and just a few days ago I thanked him for that and reminded him how much I still love sledding to this day. If your Mom and Dad are still alive tell them how much you appreciate them and love them!

Andy

post-14-0-65238900-1465078209_thumb.jpeg

In the space of 8 days we lost my wife Lisa's mother and last evening we lost my Dad. He bought me my first sled way back in the 60's and just a few days ago I thanked him for that and reminded him how much I still love sledding to this day. If your Mom and Dad are still alive tell them how much you appreciate them and love them!
Andy

sorry to hear that .... my thoughts and prayers are with the both of you . ed

Thank you for the kind words everyone. I remember one day we were out sledding back in the 70's way before groomed trails and I looked at one of my sledding buddies and said do you realize if we do a loop across a couple more lakes we will have 100 miles when we get home! My Dad just looked at us and said"you guys are crazy I am going home!" Dad went home and we did our first 100 mile day! RIP Dad

Andy

http://www.staceysfuneralhome.ca/book-of-memories/2518121/Walsh-Rose-Elinore/service-details.php

http://www.brenansfh.com/obituaries/107444

Edited by Andyman

Thinking of you and Lisa now and all the days ahead Andy.

Our parents have always been there for us and it is indeed a big adjustment when they aren't. Maybe one of the toughest parts of being an adult.

My Mom always said as a parent, your children are only loaned to you. I think the same is true for children as we age and become caregivers for them. Both my parents are gone but there are things every day that remind me of them and all those great memories!