Weather Warnings for a Big One

Scranton1

Hazardous winter conditions are expected. Snowfall amounts between 25 and 50 centimetres are expected Thursday. A developing low pressure system will move up the American Eastern Seaboard today and become a major storm over Eastern Quebec following its rapid even explosive development. Snow will begin this morning however storm conditions will intensify this evening through Friday morning. In addition to rapidly accumulating snow, strong winds will generate blowing snow. The storm will cause large waves in the St Lawrence Estuary, the Gulf of St Lawrence and Chaleur Bay. This could cause problems locally in some coastal regions during high tides on Friday. ### Rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult. Visibility will be suddenly reduced to near zero at times in heavy snow and blowing snow. Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ec.cpiq_tempetes-qspc_storms.ec@canada.ca or tweet reports to #meteoqc.

• Issuing Office: Meteorological Service of Canada

Source: Environment.Canada

3:57am EST, Thu Dec 29

Yahoo we have been up graded to a snowfall warning here near Tremblant. Guess the local weather man looked out the window. Started snowing and blowing this morning to the point that I couldn't see far out onto my lake, but the weather for here said light snow and 7 kph winds, say what? We are now expected to receive 20cm.

Markusvt,

There was a few places with some great powder riding!!!

Good thing some in our group had planned ahead and came with there Freerides, and Backcountrys!!!!

Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound.

1500HD

Day (1), hard and icy, day (2) deep snow.  Hard to have 1 sled to do it all for sure. :rolleyes: 

We did stop to help get a few sleds unstuck.  One a 154 Freeride and 1 a 2 up Yamaha.  When the snow gets deep they all get stuck. :rolleyes:

Good news is the area now has LOT's of snow to work with and a very good base.  

Folks should saddle up and get on with it!

10 hours ago, 1500HD said:

Markusvt,

There was a few places with some great powder riding!!!

Good thing some in our group had planned ahead and came with there Freerides, and Backcountrys!!!!

Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound.

1500HD

HD

I'm thinking you part of team Roadrunner ?

Oh yes , cool sight seeing the long track float on by !! 

And thanks for holding up a bit for me while I wiped the snow dust outta my shield ...  the bright square on the back of your jacket works perfect to follow !

Randy