Trail Conditions 2010

Saguenay Bill

This morning Farmerold headed for home but will be back in a week or two.

This morning at 7:45AM the Clermont Express pulled out of the HI with mikerider, 182Ray, DR, Brandon and Saguenay Bill aboard it. Temp showed -22F on my Cyberdyne air temp guage, course it only goes down to -22F so I don`t know the exact temp but it was cold. Temp stayed there til 9:30AM. We had the $15.50 meal at the Fairmomt Hotel. We were about the only people in the resturant. Trails were great, we rode 250 miles. Temp was -10F when we got back. It was an I B day for sure. But again, just another day here in PARADISE. Lots of bilers here tonight.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1,400 miles in 6 days. Trails and conditions are great, typical midwinter with packed powder.

Ray and I leave for Chibougamou in the morning and then points west.

Special thanks to Bill for being the great host and trail guide.

Mike

1,400 miles in 6 days. Trails and conditions are great, typical midwinter with packed powder.

Mike

X 100 On the host & trail guide. It was great riding with Brandon, Darryl & Farmerold.

mikerider, if you could please give us conditions of your ride west.

We are coming up next week and have not decided which area we will be riding to/through.

mikerider,

if you could please give us conditions of your ride west.

We are coming up next week and have not decided which area we will be riding to/through.

Today DR, Brandon and I went up to L Etape. Went 83 to 23 and the trails were very good. Left at 8AM, stopped at Mont Apica for coffe, gassed up at L Etape and in resturant at 11:30AM, 110 miles. Left at 12:30, about 10 miles from Mont Apica I smelled something. Stopped and the infamous secondary cross shaft bearing had gone out. Towed to Mont Apica and waited from DR and Brandon to come and pick me up. This was on my 06 that has 18,600 on it. this is the second one to go out. first one went at 2,700 miles. I've had two others go out on two different 500SS sleds. All this because SD doesn't want to put a zert fittings on this bearing. Hope it's cover by my warranty.

Today DR, Brandon and I went up to L Etape. Went 83 to 23 and the trails were very good. Left at 8AM, stopped at Mont Apica for coffe, gassed up at L Etape and in resturant at 11:30AM, 110 miles. Left at 12:30, about 10 miles from Mont Apica I smelled something. Stopped and the infamous secondary cross shaft bearing had gone out. Towed to Mont Apica and waited from DR and Brandon to come and pick me up. This was on my 06 that has 18,600 on it. this is the second one to go out. first one went at 2,700 miles. I've had two others go out on two different 500SS sleds. All this because SD doesn't want to put a zert fittings on this bearing. Hope it's cover by my warranty.

Is this the one right behind the clutch?

What are you doin ride the old iron?

I Really, Really, want to up there riding... instead of packing for Maine.... Again...

GutZ

Mike

Mike, what are you riding this year?

Riding a 2010 TNT 600. 10,000 miles on my last TNT and no problems at all. 2,400 on new one. Goes great.

Trail to Chib was fantastic. Arrived around 5 pm. Trails awesome. Gas at the mill and lunch at Barrie Nord. All trails from «HI to Chib were groomed. Little ice for 3 miles north of the mill then good again. New 10 miles stretch, looked like bulldozed last fall so a little rough.<

Tomorrow head west.

Hi to Bill.

Mike (and Ray)

Is this the one right behind the clutch?

What are you doin ride the old iron?

I Really, Really, want to up there riding... instead of packing for Maine.... Again...

GutZ

GUTZ

Appears to be that bearing, right behind clutch. Old iron has this year left on warranty, why not keep riding it. Will be on the 09 today.

Bill

GUTZ

Appears to be that bearing, right behind clutch. Old iron has this year left on warranty, why not keep riding it. Will be on the 09 today.

Bill

Bill,

I just replaced that one myself this week, and the Mach has one year left itself....

I have the brothers on the 09s next week.

Don

Riding a 2010 TNT 600. 10,000 miles on my last TNT and no problems at all. 2,400 on new one. Goes great.

Trail to Chib was fantastic. Arrived around 5 pm. Trails awesome. Gas at the mill and lunch at Barrie Nord. All trails from «HI to Chib were groomed. Little ice for 3 miles north of the mill then good again. New 10 miles stretch, looked like bulldozed last fall so a little rough.<

Tomorrow head west.

Hi to Bill.

Mike (and Ray)

Tanx for the heads up Mike....Keep us informed on trail conditions in that area as we might go that way the week of feb 15 from Roberval.

Bill,

Just wanted to thank you for your help last week. Although we hit the rain on 1-24 and 1-25 we had a good time. We stayed at Passion ski resort for two nights before coming back to the Holiday Inn. We left a day early for personal reasons on Thursday and did not see you to thank you.

The views from the peaks in Monts Valin Est are outstanding. It was really worth those big hill climbs to get there. The Orange local trails further east in the mountains were the best riding of our trip. The rain washed away a lot of the snow near the Holiday Inn and caused some overheating problems for some in our group. From the looks of the recent posts the snow has returned for excellent riding once again.

Just wanted to give you a big thank you for your help with passes, trail information, suggestions and help with the maps.

Keep on riding in paradise.

Doo D

post-623-1265316719.jpg

Bill,

Just wanted to thank you for your help last week. Although we hit the rain on 1-24 and 1-25 we had a good time. We stayed at Passion ski resort for two nights before coming back to the Holiday Inn. We left a day early for personal reasons on Thursday and did not see you to thank you.

The views from the peaks in Monts Valin Est are outstanding. It was really worth those big hill climbs to get there. The Orange local trails further east in the mountains were the best riding of our trip. The rain washed away a lot of the snow near the Holiday Inn and caused some overheating problems for some in our group. From the looks of the recent posts the snow has returned for excellent riding once again.

Just wanted to give you a big thank you for your help with passes, trail information, suggestions and help with the maps.

Keep on riding in paradise.

Doo D

Doo D

You are most welcome. I enjoy helping out those who are not familar with the area. They need to enjoy themselves while they are here.

Bill

same here leaving my truck in millinocket and ridding up to fort kent then off to quebec

I feel bad hijacking the thread...

We are waiting for my brothers Canadian paperwork to come back from the consulate. They keep requesting more forms.

What day are you going up and where in Mil. are you staying?

GutZ

Arrived 3:30 in Mattagami, conditions were perfect ten from Chibougamou across. When we left trail 93 and got on 396 to go north to Matagami, about 35 miles just so so, ruts mostly, and other 60 miles very nice. After arrival we explored around for awile, trails going out of town headed west look awesome.

270 miles today.

Hi Jak, miss seeing you on the trail,. Haven;t seen Rob this year, not much last year. Don t know what he s up to,

Time for you to get another sled and go riding!

Mike