Yamaha To Exit The Snowmobile Market In Model Year 2025

markusvt

26 minutes ago, markusvt said:

Holy shit!

Many of us thought Artic Cat might be the one to leave.

If it needs to be big and heavy to somewhat resemble a Yamaha he could buy an expedition with a turbo 4 stroke in it.  It will still handle better that a yamaha, but might have similar traits (warm, reliable, fast, etc.).  Lol.  Don't give up on sledding just cause Yamaha did.  Sport has a bright future.  Maybe Taiga will replace them as the 4th OEM if they can get their product out to consumers this fall.  Would be nice if ski doo could get ahold of their power steering system.  This exit does leave a bit of a gap with that percentage of riders that want a sled they can stretch out on with power steering.  Will be interesting to see what the other OEMs do to attract those consumers.

9 hours ago, Signfan said:

Would be nice if ski doo could get ahold of their power steering system

Yamaha's EPS came from their Grizzly ATV I believe. BRP has power steering available on at least one Can Am ATV model so it shouldn't be an issue for them to get the technology from within if they wish to offer it on their sleds

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 11:44 AM, iceman said:

Oh well. I guess when my Japan Yamaha’s are all done so am I.

Hanging up the helmet

Wow......😬 I have a 2021 Yamacat Viper. Previous sled was a 2014 Venture. Same 1049 motor which I like. I bought the Viper after the 2021 season. I have ridden it for two seasons. This past season I had a cat problem with it, The thumb warmer quit working which threw a code, and prevented my odometer from displaying while riding. Local dealer here in the states fixed  it for around $400 as I recall..🙄Not sure what I will do next. Probably try to run this thing a few more seasons, and see if the riding season continues to shrink. I will be 61 years old for the upcoming season. I had hoped to ride into my seventies. I certainly enjoy riding in Quebec, and have done a fair amount of it over the years. However the cost of the sleds seems to me to have far surpassed the inflation rate, and reliability doesn't seem great either. All this combined with the shrinking riding season and cost of fuel etc makes it discouraging. I wish Honda made a snowmobile. I put 221k miles on my last Goldwing. By far the most reliable and fun vehicle of any kind I have ever owned. Anyhow, I am still looking forward to winter. I registered my sled on July 1st... 😀

100 inches.jpg

A friend of mine thought Yamaha sleds and marketing are discontinued from Yamaha but motors will still be manufactured for Arctic Cat four stroke lineup.  Essentially the only change would be the Yamaha name disappears along with the Bold New Graphics we get every year.  Does anyone know this answer?