We roll again

19 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Had a little roadside celebration about 4 miles north of Repos on the side of the road

thats her first “15” 

im taking her another 15

FOR SURE

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2024_01/IMG_8742.thumb.jpeg.72d2dc09bdc0735f154903aee3c08fba.jpeg

That picture gives a whole new meaning to high miler 😁

22 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Had a little roadside celebration about 4 miles north of Repos on the side of the road

thats her first “15” 

im taking her another 15

FOR SURE

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2024_01/IMG_8742.thumb.jpeg.72d2dc09bdc0735f154903aee3c08fba.jpeg

I like the glass sculpture you have with you 😁

Waking up and having breakfast at the Barrage Gouin. There were us three, 4 guys from Rochester and 4 guys from Tug Hill region here last night. So 10 New Yorkers and Mon ami Andre……LOL

was a GREAT day on trail yesterday. 190 miles from camp via 345 and 83. And other than three New Yorkers passing by us leaving the Kanawata parking lot….we saw NO ONE all day. There was one sled in the parking lot when we got to Kanawata at noon. He was sitting at a table with a broken hand all swelled up. Day before they were heading into kanawata and 37 km before they got there he hit a big up/down divit in the trail. Snapped his wrist, bent handlebars and riser block and busted up his windshield and glove box cover going ass over tea kettle. Their truck was in St Zenon and the other guys were coming back to get him. Thankfully he and his machine were not hurt more. 

the trail between Kanawata and Casey was in fine shape yesterday and everything was freshly groomed thru Casey up the 83 and all the way past Haltaparche as was the Gouin trail with no tracks. There is plenty of snow to ride albeit not normal amounts up here. One has to be extremely vigilant as the groomers can not get the trail perfect because of lack of snow so a “surprise “ can come out of nowhere. The Alliance du Nord groomer was sitting in Casey and I’m sure he was sleeping somewhere and be rolling again today. Rest assured that even though the iMotoneige app dosnt show it groomed IT IS.

we are heading east today and spending the night somewhere over LSJ area. Looking forward to a cheeseburger at the “22” today.

With the exception of roadside cobble/snirt ride from 345/83 junction all the way into Wemo it has been FAN FUCKING tastic the whole way from the Gouin to the 22

with the exception of the 3 [New Yorkers I think) right out of Kanawata a half kilometer have NOT had a sled come head on or seen ANYONE since  we left camp yesterday morning 

just got to the 22 and about 25 people here

Edited by snowmaster2112

5 hours ago, markusvt said:

Mark

just spoke with 3 guys at 22 who came from Alma

said it was perfect all the way 

11 hours ago, markusvt said:

Looking for boots on the ground on this:

image.thumb.png.d0830d63d9e9503321400d82c0f101e9.png

Mark we are in Roberval for the night and the yellow section is probably spot on. All the trails we were on today from Gouin except 345 jct to Wemo and the yellow section were 8-9. It wasnt bad and certainly very doable. The nature of that section being narrow/hilly/twisty is what it is and always gets "chop" to it quicker than other sections of 83

Typical Roberval scratchy getting in and lower overall snow depth but again very doable. We are staying at the hotel with the St Hubert attached. Heading towards La dore tomorow and around the lake to chicoutimi 

6 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

With the exception of roadside cobble/snirt ride from 345/83 junction all the way into Wemo 

How bad?  All the way from the T to Weymo

9 hours ago, Je me souviens said:

How bad?  All the way from the T to Weymo

Just enough to aggravate the piss out of you. Some brief sections with no snirt/potato’s but overall just dog shit the whole way

i will say they have a good flat shoulder and with more snow it would help tremendously 

Saw lynx 3 times already. They do well when the rabbit population is doing well. Each time I saw them they were just sitting on the trail and staring into the woods. Have read that they have phenomenal hearing and I’m sure they are just sitting there listening to whatever sounds rabbits make. 
Here , Mon ami Jeff, Andre and my buddy Max at the Gilardo dam a couple days ago.  Max is a big hunter/fisher/trapper and snared this rabbit that morning 

IMG_8716.jpeg