THE GOOD , THE BAD AND THE UGLY!! Whats the damage?Give it to us straight .We can take it...NOT

snowfarmer

Sorry, next thursday, the 7th. Want to join us?

As it stands right now we are still leaving for Mont Laurier Saturday morning. We always do a loop to Mekoos for lunch, but not sure which day. Also, if we can't do all the loops we normally do we may end up doubling up on some and if so I will try to hit Mekoos on Thursday to meet you. We are a group of 8. From your picture it looks we are both on 2012 MXZ's. Mine is a black 600 etec short track with r-motion. PA and NY registration stickers on the cowling. Maybe I will see you on the trail.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to mention:

I've enjoyed riding in Quebec since 1982. I customarily drive up I 81 to thousand islands, then jump on 401, east. Today was the first time in what has been over 150 trips that I was turned away by the Bridge Authority just before the toll gates at the first (south) bridge over the St-L, attributable to HIGH WIND EMERGENCY. I was driving my dodge 3/4 ton, Megacab diesel, pulling a worthington, enclosed v-nose, 2 sled tandem axle trailer. They vectored any vehicle pulling a trailer onto ny12. Had to drive up to ogdensburg to cross over to 401. The gentleman from the Bridge Authority said it was gusting to 70 mph on the top of the span :-).

I'm not sure about the exact wind speed, but I know the gusts were a handful at times, all the way from Watertown to Ste-Agathe.

Timbo, sounds familiar, been going same route since 1985, probably about 100 trips and last year was detoured for same reason. was first time for me also. not a bad detour thank god. Opps, sorry for being off topic.

Edited by Snobeeler

As it stands right now we are still leaving for Mont Laurier Saturday morning. We always do a loop to Mekoos for lunch, but not sure which day. Also, if we can't do all the loops we normally do we may end up doubling up on some and if so I will try to hit Mekoos on Thursday to meet you. We are a group of 8. From your picture it looks we are both on 2012 MXZ's. Mine is a black 600 etec short track with r-motion. PA and NY registration stickers on the cowling. Maybe I will see you on the trail.

Sorry Doubler, I traded that one in and now driving a black Renegade X 800 (2013) but I won't make it to Mekoos for lunch as I am driving in from Sarnia. We are 4 but meeting up with a few others. Depending on how quickly they are on the trail, we maybe more. I plan Devils and the falls on Friday. I will watch for you...I love the sled you are on! Back of my coat says "Re/Max Riders" hope we see you. Always great to meet new people from QR.

Our group of 4 (2 2013 renegades, 2009 renegade 1200, And one anniversary ski doo)

Safe trip!

Linda

Anyone know if 93 towards tadoussac has any snow left? We just met some french guys that got trucked down from mt valin area and said that there is no snow there either. I find that hard to believe though. We just need a few inches of snow and things would be passable. This blows!

We are the fools snowdogs is referring to. We ran out of snow in hebertville. Stuck here. Looking to trailer someplace. We are being told all of saquenay is closed. We rode dirt for 20 miles before we started to overheat. Trying to get to auberge ravage. Any idea if trail 3 down through cermont towards beaupre is passable? Need to make it back to truck.

Your biggest obsticle is the river crossing just before the Relais on 3.

Stupe, hope all works out for you guys. I would like to stay at auberge ravage on a trip. Did you guys make advance reservations? If so how, Phone or internet? Thanks

I was suppose to meet up with these guys today but we bailed because of the trail conditions. I guess they groomed last night south on 83 out of Ravage. He was not sure about the conditions between Beaupre and the Gorges area though. Yes we usually make advance reservations. There number is 418-665-4400. If you can talk with Noel. He is a great guy and speaks wonderful english.

Edited by mxz7000

Got up this morning and found that the St-Donat club still had the ramp onto Lac Archambault barricaded. The lake was still closed.

Decided to take Krissy to Tremblant for the day. On the way home mid-afternoon, found the lake is now open and sleds were running TQ33. Anywhere we passed trail crossings on our drive today the trails looked good. Still plenty of snow cover. We'll take off on our loop tomorrow morning. Will post tomorrow eve.

timbo

Got up this morning and found that the St-Donat club still had the ramp onto Lac Archambault barricaded. The lake was still closed.

Decided to take Krissy to Tremblant for the day. On the way home mid-afternoon, found the lake is now open and sleds were running TQ33. Anywhere we passed trail crossings on our drive today the trails looked good. Still plenty of snow cover. We'll take off on our loop tomorrow morning. Will post tomorrow eve.

timbo

Thanks Timbo....would be real nice of you to post conditions of your ride, i have some friends coming up from Danbury, CT on Sunday later this week and they would like me to join them for a ride or two. They will be looking at me for condition reports and best trails to ride on.

Ciou

JG

Just got back into Syracuse, NY today. Woke up at Mekoos. Trails around there were great, they got a little, maybe an inch of snow. We rode 270 miles on Thursday from Windago to Mekoos. Some water crossing but it was 4 degrees there this morning so I'm sure things will freeze quick. We made it to Mont Laurier before we gave up. Paid $112 to get a cab to the truck in Maniwaki and came back for the sleds. No snow on trails, sleds overheating, hyfax burning. All the trails need are some snow. Hard, icy base. I'll write up a full report tomorrow.

Always an adventure!!!!! Still managed over 900 miles....

Oh yeah, white out conditions here in Syracuse...

Edited by Sled Dog

Just got back into Syracuse, NY today. Woke up at Mekoos. Trails around there were great, they got a little, maybe an inch of snow. We rode 270 miles on Thursday from Windago to Mekoos. Some water crossing but it was 4 degrees there this morning so I'm sure things will freeze quick. We made it to Mont Laurier before we gave up. Paid $112 to get a cab to the truck in Maniwaki and came back for the sleds. No snow on trails, sleds overheating, hyfax burning. All the trails need are some snow. Hard, icy base. I'll write up a full report tomorrow.

Always an adventure!!!!! Still managed over 900 miles....

Oh yeah, white out conditions here in Syracuse...

Thanks so much Sled Dog, I am leaving for Mekoos on Thursday morning! You just made my day!

We left Scoobyraid for Chibougamau yesterday. We took the local to Milot to 93. The river crossing was like an skating rink. The trail was hard but groomed flat I used my scratchers. Once we reached 93 the trail was freshly groomed and the scratchers were not necessary. 93 to 373 to 93 we passed a groomer trails were all nice. La Dore to Chibougamau was all groomed and nice. When we arrived it was - 33f. We are going to Senneterre this am. I had to change 5 of 12 days planned.

We left Scoobyraid for Chibougamau yesterday. We took the local to Milot to 93. The river crossing was like an skating rink. The trail was hard but groomed flat I used my scratchers. Once we reached 93 the trail was freshly groomed and the scratchers were not necessary. 93 to 373 to 93 we passed a groomer trails were all nice. La Dore to Chibougamau was all groomed and nice. When we arrived it was - 33f. We are going to Senneterre this am. I had to change 5 of 12 days planned.

That gives me the ok for another part of my loop. I now just need info from Ladore down 373 to Roberville and 83 west to relay22.

That gives me the ok for another part of my loop. I now just need info from Ladore down 373 to Roberville and 83 west to relay22.

Take a look at the 2 clubs for that area.

http://www.clubpassepartout.com/ for Roberval and

http://lesloupsdunord.com/ for La Dore

The Roberval club sounds like it is open to Relais 22 but the La Dore club mentions a power line trail that is closed.

Most of the trails are green but there are a few red ones. It is in French but it may help.

Jack

Take a look at the 2 clubs for that area.

http://www.clubpassepartout.com/ for Roberval and

http://lesloupsdunord.com/ for La Dore

The Roberval club sounds like it is open to Relais 22 but the La Dore club mentions a power line trail that is closed.

Most of the trails are green but there are a few red ones. It is in French but it may help.

Jack

Looked at them yesterday but I was not sure if it was open the entire way.

I will be on a frantic search for 2 sets of ice scratchers on Monday.

We left Chibougmau this am 93 was freshly groomed super nice. 11 miles past the chaplains club house it was breaking trail time. There was a big dump and 93 needs a groomer. Just east of the Quevillon club house it returned to nicely groomed. We clocked in 234 miles. We saw one group of 4 all the way to Quevillon. It's -15f.

Krissy and I got in last eve following 175 mile loop thru Lenaudiere . Trails ranged from a "5" for those trails not yet groomed since the rain followed by "the big freeze"' to 10's for those groomed in the last two days. As always, a special tip of the lid to Notre Dame de la Merci trails as they were perfect . Had to have the scratchers down the first half of the day as the newly groomed trails were hard as a rock. A few icy patches on hill to watch out for. Was -15F nite before last. High yesterday 1 above. There is plenty of snow over.

We're leaving for a ride down to Ste-Agathe, via the Black Mountain for Krissy to feed the Jays, to see how conditions are farther south. -5F last nite. 3F at present.

timbo