Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

I would have thought that foundation would have a larger foot print. Looks like 40 ft radios with top of footers only 4 ft below grade or less 3'6" maybe

hi rmk !!!

went riding this afternoon...about a 75 miles loop...came back by ste marguerite and went to check for the width of a base of a windmill...i took a piece of wood on the ground ,about 6' long ....so,i measured close to 40'...or so !!

then west of ste marguerite...took a few roads and found that spot to take pics...woooWWW !!! nice scenery !!

pic with lake is....lac saumon...then the windmills...ste irene-val brillant area..

linda-john-eddie and dave....you can see where we parked trucks and trailers...on the right side of barn/farm.....

linda...pics with donuts...(hahhah)...where we had seen moose with sister-b i l and jp !!

lot colder today...and you see there s still snow on mount white ..park matane

jean-guy :drinks:

Thank you groomer I counted the form lines. I know the width of mine. Depth was the shocker from the first pic. The new ones show what I would expect giving the types of dirt and environmental issue

Very nice pictures

Tom I don't take you as a tree hugger you bump your head today in that class.

I'm so not a fan of those wind turbines changing the look of the landscape. The environmental impact is too great IMO.

Tom I've never thought a nuclear reactor was very attractive either, a turbine will begin to blend as time goes on...

A friendly way to keep your lights on...

Edited by Phil 1

ahhh one of those touchy subjects..

.I like the look,it looks like employment and someone trying to find a 'greener' way for the next generations. And I like to take pictures of a horizon with them on it.

I live on the coast of a great lake...Huron, the controversy is huge here. I will usually avoid these discussions as I am not informed enough to 'argue' but I know my daughter is...and she would love to discuss this topic with anyone. The young people love them, they seem pretty educated in the pros and cons and to be honest...I am just not educated enough to have a respectable opinion.

I know we perceive them as a negative influence to Real Estate values but we have no trouble selling the farms right beside the wind turbines?! So....How much of the chit chat is factual? Too early to tell I think.

In the meantime, I like them.

Linda

Not meaning to open this can of worms... Sorry and I respect all views.

I don't I've earned that right.if it works for an area the good. It's never going to be a one shoe gig. But I'll still ride with any one that thinks different

my opinion about that...

the windmills itself...not too bad...i guess we ll have to get use to that ....looks like it ll be the futur !!

for sure it ll change the scenery !!!....but...it ll give me great spots to take pics !!!

the negative....all the '' room/space '' they need to build new roads and spots for windmills!!! crazy..almost abusive !!!

seeing electric / hydro posts in the woods...not too funny !!!

friend of mine was supposed to have the cement plant on his wood lot...so,they cut the trees...making a huge parking......someone changed his mind ( boss ) ...so,now they take the cement in lac saumon......no more trees...

wood lot next to him ,girl...friend of mine .....they used her wood lot to build a new road...she got '' lost '' with construction i guess and got mad. when she saw the width of the road...she said no way...go somewhere else !!! she lost lots of trees...even if they ll plant trees back...too late !!

so,there s some positive and negative about that !!!

last pic,its on the old tq 5 .....just next to long straight west of ste marguerite!!

jean-guy

It is very unfortunate to have to cut trees for future human development but IMO what about where we live? Where we work? and the highways we use to commute in between? There were trees there too at one time.

Where i live today was a forest not more than 6 years ago and a childhood playground.

The forest roads where JG rides his atv and drives the groomer, there were trees there too.

40-60 years windmill technology was not researched as much as today, damming rivers was the technology then to retrieve energy for our daily needs, trees were cut and replanting in and around those developed areas afterwards, today 40-60 years later those trees have matured and now a new technology is being researched. Trees will be cut once more for the new research and will be replanted in and around the windmill locations and will mature in 40-60 years, then a new technology will be researched and the circle will recycle.

Human development can not be stopped, it will continue as long as we're around and continue to reproduce.

Just my 2 cents

Trail blazer well said, and you as well groomer.

I have a different outlook on tree's. I had the pleasure of growing up on part of the old Pearl S Buck foundation land for my first 20 years. The road name was welcome house road in Pa. Long story short is she would bring children over from Korea that had no family. The first thing they did was to plant a pine tree. These tree were perfectly spaced and spread over lots of land. We bought a plot of 20 ac next to the welcome house. These tree's rep the family they lost, it was an emotionel bridge from the lost life to this new one. Over the years they learned to let go and make new roots. Many would come years later with their new familys kids I would go to school with and see there tree. We used to get up set by the wind storms knocking them over because of the shallow roots. One day a couple came by and the tree was gone. I was 12ish I told them how sorry I was for him. He smiled and said it's just a tree if the old ones dont move the new never have a chance or grow and grow with health. Life is about change and the new one 's are for my kids kids. ( his words to a t )

Woods need to be cut to stay healthy. Forest fire's to us are bad but much good comes out of the natural cleaning. This maybe alittle of track but the leason of that person sticks with me to this day.

For the record she was a real nobel peice prize winner.

Edited by rmk

Oh ya! keep up the good work JG, love your pics of the Gaspe back country.

Did you give back that side by side yet?

hi jg !!!

yaa...gave it back the wednesday before rifle hunting...son of my boss wanted it to go moose hunting !!!

since i flipped it on the top...not allowed to ride it anymore !!!hahha!!

fyi...just saw the stats of z e c :

rifle :202

bow : 68

many hundred on crown lands....

thx rmk !!!

jean-guy

In Ontario the building code is "proposed" to have all new homes built as net zero I believe in 20 years. Forget the date they told me. I understand some places in Europe they are starting developments like this as well. I know every 2-4 years the Energy Star criteria for new homes is increasing so houses are more efficient in heating, hydro and water consumption. A lot of these programs and initiatives will I'm sure me broadened to other areas as well. I know when I build my next house my goal will be efficiency given the ever rising costs. I'm not a tree ugger though I've cam close a few times on the sled but I like the way they are moving.

jg...In New York where they put up Turbines they used existing road network, it was not as abusive as the photos and story you posted. It is a shame what some energy development does to the landscape. We have Fracking here in western PA and we are not sure of the long term effects but it has changed the landscape.

Phil

jg...In New York where they put up Turbines they used existing road network, it was not as abusive as the photos and story you posted. It is a shame what some energy development does to the landscape. We have Fracking here in western PA and we are not sure of the long term effects but it has changed the landscape.

Phil

hi phil !!!

im sure some land owners will regrets about that .....some friends have been asked to build roads on their wood lots...they said no thx !!!

as far as i know..they should build a small hydro power line between the bridge over matapedia river and the mill..the power line will be somewhere next to logging road...

when you cross bridge over matapedia river....there a small hydro quebec power plant on your right when you go up to albertville...they ll connect power line there!!

fracking ...there s been bs about that in at least in the last year ,maybe 2....here in pq...people don t want it !!!

p 2...just below the fields...ste-florence...village next to mine when you go to cross point...

on top of pic...windmills from st alexis...st francois area..trail 587 !!

jean-guy

Everyone wants to depend less on oil, just so it doesn't effect them. Go ahead and frack just not in my nice little town, wind mills are great as long as I don't have to see them ( just ask the Kennedys) etc....Everything is a balance, good luck pleasing everyone even some of the time...

• 2 weeks later...