Adventures of Team Iceman

iceman

well ICEMAN it was a great pleasure to meet u and your bud. and have a little breakfast and shoot the bs. love to ride with u guys sometime ,  dont know if i could keep up with that yam, but its worth a try.. I got to try the new turbo sidewinder and i guess it will replace the apexes.It sure has a lot of power on a wide power band..i had to drag my partner out of  relais 22 at 2 pm because he wanted to call it quits  so we made it to la tuque to the old dansers place.. It was a bit of waiting to say the least..

27 minutes ago, grumpysanta said:

well ICEMAN it was a great pleasure to meet u and your bud. and have a little breakfast and shoot the bs. love to ride with u guys sometime ,  dont know if i could keep up with that yam, but its worth a try.. I got to try the new turbo sidewinder and i guess it will replace the apexes.It sure has a lot of power on a wide power band..i had to drag my partner out of  relais 22 at 2 pm because he wanted to call it quits  so we made it to la tuque to the old dansers place.. It was a bit of waiting to say the least..

Feeling is mutual Grumpy. We shall meet again. 

Nice run Don wish I was there, reading your stories over coffee in the mornings this week have made me so envious. I'm on the fence for my trip next week with the boys, watching weather, big storm coming in.

We had a similar experience with the SQ on my ride to and fro the cottage yesterday but these guys actually gave chase, ha! Fat chance!

2 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

Great trip reporting iceman, always a pleasure to read. Happy trails RR

Thanks so much I enjoy sharing them

58 minutes ago, Trailblazer said:

Nice run Don wish I was there, reading your stories over coffee in the mornings this week have made me so envious. I'm on the fence for my trip next week with the boys, watching weather, big storm coming in.

We had a similar experience with the SQ on my ride to and fro the cottage yesterday but these guys actually gave chase, ha! Fat chance!

Yes JG, the weather can make things much different, we were so fortunate to have great weather this run with 3 blue sky days, yes it was pretty cold however trails were unbelievable. One of our best runs all around. Yeah SQ. Bonne Chance. I thought i would reach TQ23 at the road in St Tite and find a Patrol car waiting. But no.

34 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Great job of reporting, always enjoy your adventure's especially since I have not had the opportunity to get up there myself yet 

Thanks Jack, hope you can get a ride in soon my man. 

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:27 AM, Backcountry12 said:

I have read this on Ice Man's post to. I haven't been to chapais in about 9 years but am planning to do a backpack trip up and around clova to chibugama to LSJ next week. What am I missing about the trail on the west side of Chapais? Appreciate and info

From 2002 here is a look at it. Gotta love the camera quality back then ehh.

Ice, your reports are a blast to read. Thanks so much.

Sleds_Faster.MPG

Edited by Snobeeler

8 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

Ya those same SQ got me an my buddy coming down the rail line. Wasn't expecting them there but at the usual Fecteau junction. Turns out there were another 2 there as well. Supposed to get the ticket in the mail. Not pleased with there cash grab exercise. 

Note to self stay out of that area on the weekends. Crazy traffic and beat up trails. 

Weekends = Police out there

Weekends = Too much Traffic for my liking. I trust no one coming the other way. 

Riding in the Morning is one thing, but after the Lunch and the  "Big Beers" at the Relais. You are just rolling the dice. 

3 minutes ago, iceman said:

Weekends = Police out there

Weekends = Too much Traffic for my liking. I trust no one coming the other way. 

Riding in the Morning is one thing, but after the Lunch and the  "Big Beers" at the Relais. You are just rolling the dice. 

You saying they are giving out tickets? For speeding?

6 minutes ago, 800R MXZ X said:

You saying they are giving out tickets? For speeding?

Police give tickets yes. There is speed limits and they vary. Near residential areas and thru town normally 30km is max. This is where you find them usually but they can be anywhere. They like intersections. You can get tickets for, not stopping at a stop sign, speeding, no mirrors, modified exhaust. Lots of things. Need to be smart. If you are hammering near houses or through town you are asking for it. 

"See Rooftops?" Back it down.

No guarantee but they are out there. Definately more patrols on weekend as they know traffic is heavier and more action. 

Edited by iceman

3 minutes ago, 800R MXZ X said:

What is the speed limit? Only ever seen them checking registrations.

Most places Maximum is 70km i have seen a few places listed at 90km but not alot. Some places 50km some 30km its posted. You see signs. 

Does everyone speed? Certainly. 

6 minutes ago, iceman said:

Most places Maximum is 70km i have seen a few places listed at 90km but not alot. Some places 50km some 30km its posted. You see signs. 

Good to know, rode out of the Delta two weeks last year and didn't even think about it. People were flying everywhere.

Arriving on Friday for another 10 days.

2 minutes ago, 800R MXZ X said:

Good to know, rode out of the Delta two weeks last year and didn't even think about it. People were flying everywhere.

Odds are you won't see any police but it's always possible. 

Anywhere. 

Years back we were stopped on 83 near intersection for Barrage Gouin. In the middle of no where. There they were doing radar. We talked our way out. I got a warning for my liscense plate being covered by my boot. Ok no problem.

had me well over 100km an hour more like 130km i said come on man we are in the Bush here no roads no houses. I explained this group is self suffucient we have sattelite phone all with GPS on sleds we are not cowboys. We been doing this a long time. They let us go with my warning. 

They were on a 3 day weekend Patrol from La tuque. Stayed at Gouin the night before and were headed back to La Tuque. 

Edited by iceman

13 minutes ago, iceman said:

I've put on around 50,000 miles in Quebec riding in the last 14 years , 1 speeding ticket (Matiwin in the park )  ..Three warnings for speed.  just this past weekend got a talking to for doing 100kph in a 70 right by the 4 points Quebec on the 3 .

Just to point out maybe the obvious. When you see 30km and building or signs with 30km and residential under it, respect it please, not only to avoid tickets but protect our passage through the area. Nothing ticks off non snowmobiling residents more than speeding or noisy sleds.

2 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

Ya those same SQ got me an my buddy coming down the rail line. Wasn't expecting them there but at the usual Fecteau junction. Turns out there were another 2 there as well. Supposed to get the ticket in the mail. Not pleased with there cash grab exercise. 

Note to self stay out of that area on the weekends. Crazy traffic and beat up trails. 

Hence why I kept going, I pay enough taxes in this province and those taxes are paying their salaries, so I say work for it!!!

Edited by Trailblazer