God …I love this S;$T

snowmaster2112

Ok....this wasn’t fair to guess for anyone so here the story goes:

heading north on the Gouin trail I finally got to the road section and see plow guy coming up the road. I wave to stop him and was happy, happy happy when he pulls up and I see the sign on the door. Wait....I know who this is. Confirmed before we even speak I see the last four digits of the phone number.  2112  (imagine that)

Now this was just a worker guy for him but I ask...”is Andre at his camp and how do I get there”  YES, YES, YES...he replies...hurry he says before he leaves.

So ...I find it 3-4 miles away. JACKPOT...he’s still there. It’s been two years since I have seen my friend Andre & Jeanie. They own the hombre du Vent cabins and an awesome ranch house rental right on the other side of the bridge across from the depanneur. In addition André has 14 employees and plows all the roads up hear in the bush for the town of La Tuque (largest city in Quebec by kilometers)

Andre tried to tell me how to come to see his cabin (yeah right) some years back by way of road from Relais 22 but the weather wasn’t cooperating and we had to bag it.

so now I’m finally here. About 5-7 miles from the Gouin.

D175E39C-ECF3-4A00-9D31-6D8C01D69769.jpeg

Andre DOES NOT mess around with anything. Here one of his four graders at the camp (yeah right) to plow his 7km driveway 

he has 40K invested in solar panels and batteries and the solar panels are motorized and turn with the sun.

B6A6AC56-8CBE-404B-A1A1-CAF36F46A068.jpeg

Here ....THE MAN himself. Andre Vennnemam from Parent. 

If you only have one contact in all of upper Maurice/Parent/Clova/Wemo area you better hope it’s this guy. BTW...he speaks better English than I do

Andre is one day older than me. We both turn 56 on March 1st & 2nd. 

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_02/BDD2B3C1-9CE4-49F1-8997-594B04692774.thumb.jpeg.4cad5b08da8853617b09683cc908a18e.jpeg

Edited by snowmaster2112

Andre and Jeanie’s camp is not really a camp. It’s a full blown house with detached barn with full in law type setup above. The BEST of everything has gone into this place which Andre and Jeanie plan on retiring to in 2 years.

E801367B-FBD6-4B9D-98BF-48746B79002B.jpeg

So...after the scrumptious moose meat stuffed peppers, taters, beer and gas I was on my way after a nice 3+ hour visit. Andre, Jeanie and I rode out together (they in their truck) and said goodbye.

when I pulled into the Gouin there was 6-7 guys at the pump. Quebec’ers with various sleds and a GUIDE. Said they were staying two nights there and shooting for obedjiwan today across the reservoir. Good luck on that today. These pussies were to scared to take the trail from Parent to the Gouin yesterday and came by road.

here....Haltaparche this morning. My sled was clean last night when I pulled in at 5:30. Jean-Guy reports 20 inches here in last 36

im sure hoping I’m wrong on our bet that no one is coming through here today. I would prefer someone else bust the trail down for me tomorrow 

not going anywhere today. Will help shovel snow here today, partake in some Mother Nature and take a nap this afternoon.

35ADED0F-F702-47E4-9DE2-74A6BC0A35C2.jpeg

Ok....boots on the ground intel (or really satellite telephone calls into space and back) has it.....

the guys at the Gouin are bagging the Obedjiwan run today, staying another night at the Gouin (as planned) and heading back to Parent tomorrow VIA THE ROAD. I can’t fu&cking imagine paying a guide to run up and down the roads out of Parent....but whatever. To be fair....it took us years to successfully get to Obedjiwan too.

and Kanawata reports 6 guys leaving via Casey, Wemo and then La Tuque.

im still betting no one is coming through here today

will report this evening 

2 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

the guys at the Gouin are bagging the Obedjiwan run today, staying another night at the Gouin (as planned) and heading back to Parent tomorrow VIA THE ROAD. I can’t fu&cking imagine paying a guide to run up and down the roads out of Parent....but whatever. To be fair....

Problem is, whats the alternative. I bet they are still glad he is leading down the road. 🤪

1 minute ago, snowmaster2112 said:

is he shoveling around the corner to the grille...

8 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

is he shoveling around the corner to the grille...

No just a little by the door so I could crawl over the rest to clear the Starlink dish off. We are having great vegetables soup Jean-Guy just made a big pot of. 

Sonofabitch if four sledders passed by hear at 10:15 heading west. Jean-guy spoke with them (French) and these crazy bastards started from the 22 this morning and are heading all the way to Senneterre. I’m guessing these guys don’t hang around with the ones from the Gouin 

6 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

No just a little by the door so I could crawl over the rest to clear the Starlink dish off. We are having great vegetables soup Jean-Guy just made a big pot of. 

Sonofabitch if four sledders passed by hear at 10:15 heading west. Jean-guy spoke with them (French) and these crazy bastards started from the 22 this morning and are heading all the way to Senneterre. I’m guessing these guys don’t hang around with the ones from the Gouin 

Was that bet 5 dollars Canadian??

Sitting in les escoumins having a beer. Tried to sled out of here three real bad stucks in less than a kilometre. We got 60 cm of snow and high winds. Trails in the woods are ok but out in the open is a no go for fat old guys on Renegades wth saddle bags. Came back and checked back in! Lol 

5 hours ago, Andyman said:

Sitting in les escoumins having a beer. Tried to sled out of here three real bad stucks in less than a kilometre. We got 60 cm of snow and high winds. Trails in the woods are ok but out in the open is a no go for fat old guys on Renegades wth saddle bags. Came back and checked back in! Lol 

Andy, You know when to turn around ehh. Still remember your Blizzard story from many years ago. Can’t remember now but who were you with that night?

21 minutes ago, Snobeeler said:

Andy, You know when to turn around ehh. Still remember your Blizzard story from many years ago. Can’t remember now but who were you with that night?

I remember it as up near LSJ and the local rescue boys came and got them

i was running somewhere up here that time but can’t remember where

Outstanding day off here at Haltaparche 

helped Jean Guy with some firewood, snow shoveling, took a nap and played with the dog and played gin rummy with him.

I was napping this afternoon and Jean guy reports 6 more sledders passed heading east. Perfect, I’ll take it for tomorrow’s run back to the camp

lunch in Kanawata 

here this evening 

13716C08-267E-4C40-B6FA-3B16148848BB.jpeg