God …I love this S;$T

snowmaster2112

20 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

It was supposed to go in the sled , not you!

23 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

I'm literally speechless hearing your story Snohorse. 

18K on a 2 stroke w/new pistons at 10K and a 1200 that grenades at 4K 

You would almost call bullshit on this but I believe you 100%

Just goes to show you......it's the luck of the draw.

So the 2012 800R was obviously an E-tec right ?

My 2011 800 E-tec let go (crank failure) with 78xx miles in between Amos and Matagami. What a shit show that turned out to be.

Yes on the E-tec then to the P-tec. 

Sled adventures gone bad turn to shit shows for sure !

Been there done that having ridden over 80,000 miles sledding in Quebec....

27 minutes ago, Snohorse said:

Been there done that having ridden over 80,000 miles sledding in Quebec....

Then I can almost guarantee we have most likely (on more than one occasion) have stayed in the same hotel or pourvoie and didn't even know it at the time.  🙂

chris is like a modern day cowboy,its like travelling with WILLY and WAYLON and the boys,lol,lol,always one foot over the line.love his adventures alot.but i find the safetest and definently not the most fun,is from in front of my lab top... just poking you chris,always love riding along                                                                 MARK.

Chris!!! what have you done to your poor Goldwing? she got an heart attack!

Very sorry for your loss, at least it had not happened on your first day of the trip... and you were not alone in the middle of nowhere, just in the middle of nowhere... with buddies! no humans injured, the rest is adventure!

Wish you the best luck for the sled doctor diagnostic...maybe having an other bottle of fireball not too far, just in case...

You trip reports are always highly entertaining, sweet as candy to read and follow... can't wait to read your next! 

12 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Then I can almost guarantee we have most likely (on more than one occasion) have stayed in the same hotel or pourvoie and didn't even know it at the time.  🙂

February 2020 we almost meet out west in Amos. Touring with Ice and my son Kwiknick. Plan was to meet @ Amosphere one early afternoon. We rolled in and you and your buddy had just left. The understandable reason was as always long way to still go with no time to get there !

I always like to have a few extra days in addition to the plan...the more I ride...the more I realize...when I'm on the trail...I don't have to be anywhere until I get there....this attitude gives you the freedom to really enjoy every minute of the trip....especially after being locked out for nearly 2 seasons!!

Chris, very sorry to hear your dilemma. FYI the oil light gets triggered by low oil pressure not low level. Not good when that light comes on. I will lend you a sled with 1 condition. I get exclusive rights to publish All of your snowmobile adventures. 😊

1 hour ago, Snobeeler said:

Chris, very sorry to hear your dilemma. FYI the oil light gets triggered by low oil pressure not low level. Not good when that light comes on. I will lend you a sled with 1 condition. I get exclusive rights to publish All of your snowmobile adventures. 😊

Agreed....LOL

But any royalties have to be 60/40

On 1/23/2022 at 7:30 PM, snowmaster2112 said:

so the old girl is sitting by the shed at the ranch house. If your in the area stop by and give her a slap on the ass for me. 

20220126_150359.jpg

20220126_150544.jpg

20220126_150448.jpg

20220126_150444.jpg

Edited by PLAYHARD

Thats some funny shit....and a week has gone by...and all the parts are still there....good thing it's not in Manawan....it pays to be the Ambassador of Indigenous Affairs!!

Seriously they were working on getting it going, Yves and Gaetan i think. 

They were trying to get her to fire with a jump box but no success when I was there. 

Could not resist. We did hold a moment of silence before the sticker ceremony. 

6 hours ago, iceman said:

Seriously they were working on getting it going, Yves and Gaetan i think. 

They were trying to get her to fire with a jump box but no success when I was there. 

Could not resist. We did hold a moment of silence before the sticker ceremony. 

Good God that is some funny shit !!!!  Thanks for christening her with the 'Team Iceman" sticker. I just KNOW it will bring good luck and fortune to her when she arrives at BRP La Tuque (hopefully tomorrow). Ice, with you two guys riding "bitch" am I gonna need a new motor AND new suspension ?? Bwah...........

1 minute ago, markusvt said:

If you’re thinking it’s just a fuse, you need to pray a bit harder 😏

checked all them first go around on the trail as soon as it happened. Not that lucky. 

It will be interesting to hear what's all wrong and unfortunately I wont know till later next week as Nautico is swamped. Lots of people probably fixing older iron because you cant buy new.

12 k miles… using a lot of oil… overheated a few times… poor ring seal… worn bearings from being run low on oil…. And the operator only knows 2 throttle settings… on and off…. Sled otherwise looks brand new… 2 choices… throw it away and move on…. Put a new engine in…I’m going with the later… my guess…4900 Dollars… sorry Chris.