PLAYHARD Season Opener!

PLAYHARD

11 hours ago, revct1 said:

I hope people are listening.  It is cold but the trails haven't been this good in a long time.

Ditto Ditto Ditto!  Throwback adjective from the '70s: MINT!

It was one of those rides, kinda hard to believe, all trails groomed hard & flat.

All with plenty of crumbs, and the bonus schmere of cream cheese for the ride back to barn today!

Thanks for riding along! We appreciate other's sharing eye-candy when we're not here!

https://www.relive.cc/view/vrqormGnyK6

Just DAMN awesome!!! Blue sky day, no traffic, flat trails, good friends. Does NOT get any better.

i'm telling ya that "Relive" thing is INSANE. I wish I had one of those for every one of my QC snowmobiling trips from day one in a folder. I GOT to learn how to do it.

Glad you guys are back home safe and sound and thanks for looking after the "old girl" for me.

2 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

and the bonus schmere of cream cheese

Yeah, nothing quite beats the cream cheese. Unfortunately last week we had a semi-truck full of it everywhere we went. Funny how a "bagel" needs just the right amount. 

As we get older and with the freezing temps Quebec has been having we can all appreciate the "off like a herd of turtles😜 Great pictures and reports!

On 1/23/2022 at 10:16 PM, PLAYHARD said:

Despite being off like a herd of turtles, we acquired the target mission destination! Ta da!

Pretty sure our fried brains appreciated this 24 miles as much as we would a north pole expedition!

Enroute home recieved an invite from Berkshire Buddies to burn some local gas & trails.

It's been 20 years for me around here so it was a pleasant surprise that it was really pretty fun!

Needless to say, the energy used for these 50 miles was the same as 250 up north... https://www.relive.cc/view/vAOZz5kAxoO

20220130_120957.jpg

20220130_105819.jpg

20220130_115904.jpg

20220130_125901.jpg

20220130_141008.jpg

On 1/29/2022 at 3:12 PM, PLAYHARD said:

I believe it was the words of our great philosopher ScorpionBowl:

"You can't drink all day, unless you start in the morning"

I should clarify, this is not while you’re riding!

However, one time, with a blown engine in Dolbeau while everyone else is riding, it applies. In this case I was lucky there was also a bowling alley across the street…

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_01/7DD570CB-3F1C-4B02-8F45-FD685EE075AC.thumb.jpeg.6afd9ca9dbacc8b3c2860647a14eb66f.jpeg

FCMQ – iMotoneige Map:

http://fcmq.fcmqapi.ca/i?s=IwGmAYGZuBWYDsIDaBaAbMATOnIsEIAsIsAHEUbEsEdOALojgrCJECcFoqWsVYcMA7oQkcAiEhK6UamF0SvSCJ4dI6DiHkIykErupjIscGTBYy4Lf37TCok5DKho6FdsRnRWBOjKw2uhEOFjaRAiwHIG8wC4sqJBYbAhMaGwcCMkuIMSc0kTWjgjOkNqWweby-AhaqFR6cpYhZagIkXXisMna_tSttJokquVY0TwaWCTO-QURYXDugRrgUGDYWWCSsuWRDEA&r=2

Relive Links:

Opener Encore Berkshire Blast: 30 January 2022 | View

Closing the Opener: 28 January 2022 | View 

Windigo-go-go!: 26 January 2022 | View 

South Shore to Camp Taureau: 25 January 2022 | View 

Drakkar - St Raymond Opener Shakedown Loop: 24 January 2022 | View 

Pre-Opener: 23 January 2022 | View 

FCMQ - iMoto '22 Opener.jpg

On 1/30/2022 at 5:51 PM, scorpionbowl said:
On 1/29/2022 at 3:12 PM, PLAYHARD said:

I believe it was the words of our great philosopher ScorpionBowl:

"You can't drink all day, unless you start in the morning"

I should clarify, this is not while you’re riding!

However, one time, with a blown engine in Dolbeau while everyone else is riding, it applies.

Sure sure, not while riding, but I thought that "can't drink all day" quote got tossed around when we were snowed-in & holed-up at the Fairmont, right after your hearty morning attempt at "Let's get this over with!"...

6 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Sure sure, not while riding, but I thought that "can't drink all day" quote got tossed around when we were snowed-in & holed-up at the Fairmont, right after your hearty morning attempt at "Let's get this over with!"...

I remember that day very well David. Marty & Gary decided to head back to the hotel for the day after we got just a short distance past the entrance gate to the Manoir Richelieu. I decided to become Roadman Rohlman and run Route 138 all the way to Baie-Saint-Paul where my truck & trailer was parked. There must have been a foot or more of fresh Pow-Pow that morning. Great memories indeed!

1 hour ago, Florida Snowman said:

There must have been a foot or more of fresh Pow-Pow that morning. Great memories indeed!

Yepper, and late-season pow was more like wet cement.

So pretty good setup for some experienced black-trail Rhockin & Rhollin!

Not bad on the skags & slides and WAY easier on the kidneys & liver!

On 1/27/2022 at 8:32 AM, snowmaster2112 said:

That "Relive" real time thing and that video/pictures thing is the "BOMB"  !!! Someone has to hook me up with what I need and teach me how to do that. 

Hey, super easy, you've just got to remember to launch the app before you take off, then minimize it so it runs in the background, GPS works fine from the pocket & doesn't need direct line-of-sight, you'll see a red dot up in the corner of your home-screen to know it's running, then you've got to remember to take pics along the way and they get automatically embedded into the map at the spots you took them, you can add them (or other rider's pics) later with the "add moment" feature anywhere along the route, then when you're done (riding, biking, sailing, whatever) you've got to remember to open the app & "Pause/Stop/Save" the mapping, and VOILA! I think the basic is a couple/few bucks a month, but the upgrade is about $50yr, and allows more (50) pics & videos per save, and choices of background tunage, and ability to add text under pics.