Saint Zenon Christmas Ride

mrterceira

Sitting by the brain St Michele right now

The trail was a -3 yesterday at 5pm

This morning it's only a 4-5  because the groomer guy didn't put his blade down far enough 

I think he realized this as it looks better on the return side to LeCabanon where I'm heading back to now

Just too much traffic 

Meeting eastmark and wife in a little bit and we are heading south to St Jean de Matha

Looks like the 23 is the best bet today 

Did I say "tons of traffic " ??

At least we ars all riding and there is no rocks, mud or water...LOL

20221228_092502.jpg

31 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

But I bet you could go down it. 

6 hours ago, Snobeeler said:

But I bet you could go down it. 

It's actually easier going up it. I went up and down it multiple times on my '02 Yamaha Viper. there are some water diversion ditches that get pretty fun coming down. Also after you go up you can cheat go out to the trail and come down that way.

7 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

You could make it

Well it wasnt the Superbowl of trail conditions but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

As said morning was great. Afternoon chopped. And evening was a rodeo. 

Glad we got to meet you Chris. Great rider and great guy. We have a lot in common including a rabid love of music and sledding. Nice to just follow someone who knows the turns in a new area !! Long fun day. 

The 23 was beat up bad on the way back but we took it in stride. In fact most everything was beat up well before noon each day all around St Michele, St Zenon, south and north. BUT....everyone was out having fun. There were no rocks, no mud and no water and PLENTY of snow.

Im not used to riding such beat up trails so I planned my revenge when I got back to LeCabanon Wednesday night.

yesterday morning I was on the trail a little before seven, still dark. The LeCabanon crowd are NOT early risers. I had planned on running the dam and back twice for a quick 100 and back to the truck to go home.

rode fresh groomed to dam and had a smoke break. On the return I’m thinking...am I actually going to make it back to the parking lot before seeing anyone else ??

almost made it....two guys by the octagon bldg at park entrance about 8 miles from the Auberge. Had another smoke and hammered back towards the dam.

3EA98518-9CFA-4094-9B17-8C75CC4B71D7.jpeg

Got back to the dam the second time and met and talked to two Quebec guys who were going to try for Matawin. Well....I guess I’m not going back to the truck and home now. Glad I didn’t. Turned out to be my best riding day by far. 

Here we are by the 345 split which was also fresh groomed

307E1ADB-D5C6-4230-BC6A-AEFBE271935A.jpeg

There was actually 3-4 places where trees had fallen AFTER the groomer passed and we got challenged a bit getting through. While the groomer got passed from Matawin to the 345 and certainly doable there is a TON of cleanup that still needs to be done to get it so it’s double wide and perfect like we all want it to be. A TON of cleanup.

FBF50AE1-F039-4E5B-B20F-F0627C1092F0.jpeg