Friday storm

EastMark

It have been a real good one for sure! It's hard to know the exact numbers for snow but I had heard 24" many time yesterday evening for many areas and it continued in the night. With the very strong winds we had (some tree down) and so much snow it will not be just a regular grooming pass and it is just at christmas time, it will put some delay for having the trail system groomed and ready but at least, we already know the material is here to open most of the trail system: all the north for sure and most of the south trail, minus some rivers not ready yet.  We will have a nice wide playing ground ready in just few days

Edited by towing

Just got off the phone with LeCabanon. Girl says almost 3ft yesterday/last night 

says guys are having a hard time clearing the parking lot

also said the groomers are going out TONIGHT !!!!!!!

monday afternoon can’t get here soon enough 

On 12/20/2022 at 10:13 AM, mikerider said:

I would watch for one of the following opening right after Christmas:   RDL,  Jonquiere, or Amqui.

Have you heard anything about RDL, Mike? We have two days to burn this week and want to get somewhere and throw a few hundred on.

I haven't heard any news. Looking at the groomer map this morning, it looks like maybe you can leave on sled at RDL, go south on 85, hit 526 and then the rail bed for a ways on trail  35 before having to turn around and come back the same way.

I also checked all the club reports for the area and most say trails are closed.   For those not familiar with this feature of getting trail reports:

1. Go to 'Sled Magazine' web sight

2. At top of page click on 'Services and Tourism'

3. Scroll down and it will list Quebec areas such as Bas St. Laurent and Gaspe etc.   Click on the area of your interest and it will list all the clubs of that area and give a color for their trails as to good (green),  fair (yellow) and closed (red).

mike

2 hours ago, quebec bob said:

Great info Mike… I never used this before… but then again … I never let the weather change my plans too much…I love the unknown adventures…. As long as there is snow on the ground

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_12/7BFC6578-5377-4014-95D8-B5A4829FB523.thumb.jpeg.50e74bea0b6666186f7b5adeb6332717.jpeg

I am guessing you also live by the phrase "what could possibly go wrong?". 

Life without adventure is boring!

Got a report from the Universel RDL today. Not enough snow to ride in/out of the hotel. I'm assuming once you get into the treeline a few miles (as always) it'll get better. A few clubhouses still showing closed as well.

Trying to avoid driving to Les Escoumins just because we only have a couple days to burn. Hoping La Malbaie comes through and we can save some time on the road.

Edited by TheBigLake

2 hours ago, TheBigLake said:

Trying to avoid driving to Les Escoumins just because we only have a couple days to burn. Hoping La Malbaie comes through and we can save some time on the road.

Just passed through Clermont and La Malbie

looking not bad but not all groomed yet saw several trail crossings not opened yet.

We are going the distance

getting on ferry now

On 12/26/2022 at 12:19 PM, smclelan said:

I am guessing you also live by the phrase "what could possibly go wrong?". 

Life without adventure is boring!

You simply can't worry about what could go wrong...you could find a 100 answers to that question...and never do anything...then you would be a politician...I'd rather be a sledder!!