Gaspesie23

snowmaster2112

Just had a conversation with my kid about getting prepared for something happening to us like this.  For years we have talked about communicators and always it never seemed that important.  Buy like he just said if this did happen to us at least he would be screaming and maybe it would be a warning for me.  Because there is the two of us I don't know what my reaction  would be. 

Anyway glad you guys are going home and wish all of you the best.  Like everyone here believes, bad timing and wrong place. I also want to say to groomer operator he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.  No one at fault. 

All you guys keep us updated and get healed up for next year.  Be safe all.

Has any of QR's any experience with the POSI-TRAIL groomer beacon devise? some must have heard of this transponder before this,it locates and warns of groomers in the area.                                                                                                                                                        Glad you fella's escaped any injury,and headed home to your loved ones. A great reminder to us all.

39 minutes ago, blackjack1 said:

Has any of QR's any experience with the POSI-TRAIL groomer beacon devise? some must have heard of this transponder before this,it locates and warns of groomers in the area.                                                                                                                                                        Glad you fella's escaped any injury,and headed home to your loved ones. A great reminder to us all.

Funny you mention that. About an hour before the accident we were taking a break at an intersection and I saw two older French guys who both hadf those mounted on top of their dashboards. Egg on a stick antenna looking thing with a very bright light should it go off.

Not that any of us have them but mon ami Andre asked the groomer if there was one in there. His answer was "no"

Until groomers are obligated to have and run them its still just a crap sboot.

I was told that posi-trail supply's them free to every Quebec groomer Chris..Obviously not the case.But i am leaning heavily towards a purchase.Super happy you guys are OK. looking forward to your next adventures indeed.  Be Well..                                                     Mark..

Well.....I’ve just had a “hum dinger” last couple of days. 

Jeffrey and Ronnie dropped me off at the bottom of my driveway at 1130 pm after 12 solid hours of driving from Degelis.  I shove all my bags into my large Tupperware delivery box at bottom of driveway. It’s snowing/sleeting and the wind is blowing 60-70 mph

Thinking to myself as I hobble up the driveway that I can’t remember this strong of gusts in the 28 years we have lived here. We are on a hill with a mountain behind us facing east and kind of sheltered from the west winds.

i crawl into bed and laying there cuddling with the cat (little Sophie) is so happy to see dad after 6 days and just....ready to fall asleep and hear this bang sort of sound. I figured it was the deck furniture or grill toppled over and thought “f#$k it...whatever it is I’ll deal with it in the morning.

About 5 minutes later wife opens bedroom door (we sleep in different bedrooms for a plethora of reasons) and says “honey we have a problem”

i go outside to find  ANOTHER “scene of carnage” (yes that’s TWO scenes of carnage in two days now.

As I go to see what’s up I’m baffled that the power is still on as our electric line is aerial and the tree has it pinned underneath stretching it almost to the ground. Deck, stairs, gutters, roof, siding and porch are all kinds of fu&ked up which is bad enough. Then as I’m ready to walk back into the house I look over by my detached garage and see my BELOVED 80 ft white pine that is covered in Wisteria all the way to the top also fell. My heart sank. Given the choice of only one falling I would pick the one that hit the house. I can get a new deck but I can’t replace an 80 ft Wisteria that I have been nurturing for 15+ years. The tree (and Wisreria) provided shade for the garage that faces south at the perfect time of day and also provide privacy from the road. It was stunningly beautiful when it bloomed it’s purple dripping flowers in May. At this point I’m like JFC what’s next.

This is what I woke up to today. My good buddy Greg who has been to Quebec riding many times came to my rescue this morning. I’m in no shape physically to do much at the moment.

Now just waiting for the power company guys to get here as it’s too dangerous to cut anything more with the power line ready to break apart.

FEC015FF-444C-46CE-9677-A9D2C0349D59.jpeg

Ugh, it never ends! I hope things smooth out for you! I am hoping  to drive to Northern Maine tomorrow, and be back in Quebec Monday. I am in Southern Maine. We seem to be getting the jackpot of heavy wet snow. I spent two and a half hours on my tractor this morning removing the first layer of concrete. I came in at 1100 soaked to the skin, and had to start the generator. 

Clothes Drying.jpg