pics therapy...

towing

9 hours ago, towing said:

Here's a pic of my trip partner Snowcruiser and me on our very first snowmobile trip together 23 years ago with in the background a very popular relay that some of you may know? It's still a very popular spot that change alot.

2001_0081.jpg

Our first trip to Quebec in ‘98 we stopped here for a break. New building is much nicer. I’m not sure if new building is in same exact location ?

Yep you are all spot on it: the devil's mountain relay/point of view

@Pipemaster: I was thinking the new relay was on the same spot but maybe not exactly the same but not far because it was really near of the top of the big hill of the trail on the east side as of today. Being on the same summit the view is the same for sure

The old relay with no electricity was quaint and very special. Even 23 years ago it was a 40 years step back going in there! Kristine when going to the toilet in the back that was a very small room with a wood step with an hole in it had the surprise to see her toilet paper piece rising back from the hole and flooting in the air from the mountain backdraft !!!😂😂😂

2001_0081.jpg

this one just aside the new relay

20210303_123810.jpg

Since my last visit they have built an observation tower near the relay that seems really nice. Here a pic took on the net

parc-regional-montagne-du-diable-tour-ob

Edited by towing

20 hours ago, Triggerhappy said:

That ski on the left looks very familiar…..