Fire Lac Repos

iceman

Help me understand why the groomer was not moved?  It appears to be parked next to the gas tank.  Isn't that where we pull up to get gas?  Horrible place to park the groomer and then take the keys.

Just wondering!

The fire was not the building where you get gas. It was a building they use for storage that had many things in it, including their generator.

Gas is in the same location as last year, but a new building, completely untouched by the fire.

Edited by markusvt

Back to a full menu today, working toilets business as usual. The building is smoldering ashes, and they will slowly replace everything that was in it. The groomer has a window that blew out and electronics that are melted, but parts are ordered and they expect it will be up and running quickly.

1 hour ago, markusvt said:

Back to a full menu today, working toilets business as usual. The building is smoldering ashes, and they will slowly replace everything that was in it. The groomer has a window that blew out and electronics that are melted, but parts are ordered and they expect it will be up and running quickly.

Tell them Snowmaster is coming by.
He will be handling the claim for the insurance company and doing the insurance adjustment.

They better have a damn good club sandwich. 

Edited by iceman

7 hours ago, iceman said:

Tell them Snowmaster is coming by.
He will be handling the claim for the insurance company and doing the insurance adjustment.

They better have a damn good club sandwich. 

But more importantly.....fresh peas and better gravy!

9 hours ago, NSHM said:

They should charge the locals the going rate since they are used to it, and give the tourists a discount to encourage tourism and good will. 🤔

You get an awesome discount everytime you pay with US dollars!! The locals don't have those LOL

19 hours ago, markusvt said:

Converts to $6-$8 US dollars a gallon.  In the towns you can find if for $1.49 a liter.

Indeed. $6.05-$8.13 at today's exchange rate. Even more expensive than milk. 😀Happy to have it when we need it. Unfortunate that it is not as available as it was in the old days. I wish there was something on the stretch going up to Chibougamau.

2 hours ago, wng-2 said:

Indeed. $6.05-$8.13 at today's exchange rate. Even more expensive than milk. 😀Happy to have it when we need it. Unfortunate that it is not as available as it was in the old days. I wish there was something on the stretch going up to Chibougamau.

The only reason there was ever gas available on 93 to Chibougamau was because the mill had fuel and was good enough to lett sledders buy it. Selling gas as a complementary sideline like the mill is the only way that any fuel supplier could survive in such a remote area. 

10 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

The only reason there was ever gas available on 93 to Chibougamau was because the mill had fuel and was good enough to lett sledders buy it. Selling gas as a complementary sideline like the mill is the only way that any fuel supplier could survive in such a remote area. 

Yes. There was also a Relais further North with a fuel truck that was hit or miss as whether they had fuel. It's been a quarter of a century since I have been up there. I would like to do it again before I get to the finish line. 

1 hour ago, wng-2 said:

Yes. There was also a Relais further North with a fuel truck that was hit or miss as whether they had fuel. It's been a quarter of a century since I have been up there. I would like to do it again before I get to the finish line. 

Relais du Nord. 
ah the good old days.

38 minutes ago, iceman said:

Relais du Nord. 
ah the good old days.

Indeed they were the Good old Days! I would start the day after Christmas. A nice room was $70 Canadian, gaz and oil were about a quarter of what they are now, and were more available. Sleds were about a third of the co$t. I am glad I got some 5k-7k mile seasons in then. Not giving up yet though.😀

18 minutes ago, wng-2 said:

Indeed they were the Good old Days! I would start the day after Christmas. A nice room was $70 Canadian, gaz and oil were about a quarter of what they are now, and were more available. Sleds were about a third of the co$t. I am glad I got some 5k-7k mile seasons in then. Not giving up yet though.😀

The exchange rate was at times more then too. I remember getting over $160 cdn for )00 usd,

1 minute ago, iceman said:

The exchange rate was at times more then too. I remember getting over $160 cdn for )00 usd,

Yes indeed. Two guys could have a nice hotel room for about $20 each U.S. Also at that time, if you saved your receipts, U.S. citizens could subit a form and get the Federal and Provincial taxes refunded on goods and services.