83 West of Parent

6 hours ago, markusvt said:

Legally open and groomed except the 30 miles that’s plowed and sanded if you like that type of thing.

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2024_01/image.thumb.png.919c74588cda381f1a708a2dc6510342.png

I’ll bring my KTM and ride that section!   Thanks for clarifying will have to rethink my plan… I see there is a 10km section on the 93 past LSQ that is crap also due to hauling the burnt area away. 

5 minutes ago, Pipeman said:

It’s unfortunate moving the track wasn’t considered before 1/25ish so the surfers could be on the move. 

Sounds to me it could happen this weekend. Or you need to roll the dice if headed west then through chibougamau back down then reverse it. Guve them the time to get it open on the new route. 

i told them i had friends that are very experienced snowmobiler’s and they said it was dangerous as it is . That’s just silly shit there 60km with transport bois. Craziness. Like border being secure that kinds crazy. 

5 minutes ago, iceman said:

Sounds to me it could happen this weekend. Or you need to roll the dice if headed west then through chibougamau back down then reverse it. Guve them the time to get it open on the new route. 

i told them i had friends that are very experienced snowmobiler’s and they said it was dangerous as it is . That’s just silly shit there 60km with transport bois. Craziness. Like border being secure that kinds crazy. 

I could always just hit the ballet in Rimouski….

17 hours ago, ChrisWright said:

If memory serves me right, they had sections next to the road groomed along this section last year, basically bouncing on and off the road to get through this stretch.  Does anyone else recall this?  If so, wonder if they just haven't opened that yet.

Yeah and those sections sucked ass too !!! I remember us having to turn around on several of those sections because you couldnt get the sled safely over the pile of shit that the plow guy pushed over to the side of the road. Finally got so pissed we just ran the road.

17 hours ago, ChrisWright said:

If memory serves me right, they had sections next to the road groomed along this section last year, basically bouncing on and off the road to get through this stretch.  Does anyone else recall this?  If so, wonder if they just haven't opened that yet.

Yeah and those sections sucked ass too !!! I remember us having to turn around on several of those sections because you couldnt get the sled safely over the pile of shit that the plow guy pushed over to the side of the road. Finally got so pissed we just ran the road.

19 hours ago, markusvt said:

Legally open and groomed except the 30 miles that’s plowed and sanded if you like that type of thing.

image.png

From the top of Lepine rd. to Clova is also plowed with logging activity also.

I wonder if some of this concentrated  logging is due to the forest fires last summer. Trees that were not severely burned are stilll good for processing but the shelf life on them is short. Companies may be concentrating on getting those trees before they are of no value. I

52 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I wonder if some of this concentrated  logging is due to the forest fires last summer. Trees that were not severely burned are stilll good for processing but the shelf life on them is short. Companies may be concentrating on getting those trees before they are of no value. I

Very well could be. 

5 hours ago, iceman said:

Very well could be. 

That they are, forestry road's south west of Clova are being opened up to start cutting out the burnt trees that have salvageable timber. We came across plowed roads deep in above the Cabonga Reservoir. Claude from Le Pensive confirmed. But the logging activity near Clova trail (83) from what I saw was not burnt timber.

Edited by doonali

On 1/25/2024 at 11:59 AM, doonali said:

No grooming, pretty much single track from Le Pensive , logging and plowed the last 12 miles into Clova. The cut across from Lepine to Cheval was not broke.

I'll second that. We came down Lepine on Friday from Clova to the new orange trail to Club Gatineau for lunch. No way were we going back on 83 east !!

Can confirm that the Kan-Casey express is in TOP conditions, the groomer (Alliance) is sitting in Casey as of 2 pm (probably sleeping there somewhere and that it is groomed all the way to Haltaparche and past there. Trail up to the Gouin was fresh groomed with no tracks.

The bridge is not done. Getting close though. We broke through yesterday. 50 kms ungroomed, some had tracks and some not.

then we crossed the river. Would not recommend it. Possible if you like adventure as mentioned previously.

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2024_01/IMG_5225.thumb.jpeg.63e785183b3872f32174f3f9e87143ea.jpeg

Edited by willb