Clova...4 sleds parked on the track hit by train...no injuries

lindasledgirl

The english version...what the hell were they thinking, parking on the tracks??????

(La Tuque) Four snowmobile enthusiasts have learned the hard way yesterday that he should not park your vehicle at any place ... especially on a track.

A collision between a freight train CN and four snowmobiles occurred yesterday at Clova in Haute-Mauricie late afternoon. CN Police has informed the Sûreté du Québec around 17 h. Ambulance was requested at the scene, but fortunately there were no injuries.

"The four snowmobiles were parked on the track and the four snowmobilers were in a shop nearby, they were not on their snowmobiles," said a spokesperson for the Sûreté du Québec.

The restaurant employee Clova we spoke to told us they heard the train coming and then seeing snowmobiles in the air. It was also impossible to talk to people who were still on the scene.

According to the witness, the two couples in Quebec were visibly disappointed to see their equipment to fly in a cloud of snow, but they were also tormented the idea of ​​finding a way back home.

The incident caused delays to freight train, but also for a Via Rail train. "There was no damage to the train. He was arrested that time the track inspection to ensure that everything was under control, and then resumed his journey, "said Louis-Antoine Paquin, spokesman for CN. The driver of the train meanwhile has had more fear than harm

Thanks Trailblazer!! I guess I didn't notice it was in French...my laptop converts everything for me.

Much nicer to see that way! Thanks!

They should have got on the Train. Best way out of Clova. (speaking from Experience)

look on the bright side......

Well if they were headed west at least they missed the crap trail heading to Balbazard.

Edited by iceman

This is almost uncomprehendable. Who in the F#$k could possibly be that stupid ? Lord knows I have done some stupid shit in my time ( Andyman can verify...LOL) but this absolutely takes the cake !!! Wait till they try and file a claim with their insurance companies and they tell them to "pound salt".

Edited by snowmaster2112

The only thing I can figure is for sure they had never been there before to Clova, and maybe the tracks were covered with fresh snow?

One thing for sure they know where not to park next time in town.

Ya know what I can't understand is even if they didn't know and they were parked on the crossing why would they walk that far to get in the store? Usually you get gas and maybe movearound the side or the front. :help::shock:

This is almost uncomprehendable. Who in the F#$k could possibly be that stupid ? Lord knows I have done some stupid shit in my time ( Andyman can verify...LOL) but this absolutely takes the cake !!! Wait till they try and file a claim with their insurance companies and they tell them to "pound salt".

Stupidy is covered...

X2 X3 X4..............snowmaster2112. Unfathomable. IQ's of ZERO!

I dont under stand? phill I know a place I can park your sled for you no questions asked hell Ive had several I wanted to park like that I just never had good luck

Another unprovoked Train Attack, I think we need to start thinning the herd, maybe a hunting season in the spring?

You can't hear them coming, you don't where they roam, and the damage they do is just un-imaginable.....

Let's try to do something about them.

GutZ

If you can't control your assault trains, keep them off the tracks!!

American trains are less hostile!

Maybe it's all your Hydro Power causing them to go crazy!

GutZ

Edited by MrGutz

The only thing thta would have made this crazier would be if they were rentals. Can you imaging returning to the rental place with just a ski in your hand? Sometimes sleds can get stuck on tracks. Doesn't sound like what happened though. The idea the tracks were burried in snow and the people not aware it was an active railline?

The only thing thta would have made this crazier would be if they were rentals. Can you imaging returning to the rental place with just a ski in your hand? Sometimes sleds can get stuck on tracks. Doesn't sound like what happened though. The idea the tracks were burried in snow and the people not aware it was an active railline?

LOL !!! maybe a ski !