Ok let's talk Winter Gathering 2014.

crazysnow

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this got some serious traction right away! Sweet. I like the plan, I'm in. I am not sure on the logistics just yet, but that price @ the Forestel is nice, way to go Bill. My room is booked. Lady @ the desk said right away: is this for the QR gathering? I would love to say that leaving the Rabaska heading to Clova for Friday then onto the Forestel Saturday and back down to the Rabaska would be a sweet trip but I can't predict the trifecta of cash flow, weather, and vacation days that far our right now. So for now I can tell you that Shannon and I will see you for supper Saturday night @ the Forestel.

If you Guys can get about 10 to 15 people together you can rent house at Auberge Clova " The old school House " and you can still eat dinner at the TAMARAC ... Just an idea

When I met a bunch of QR members two years ago, it wasn't the school house we stayed in but the big house down the road, huge log house, I think there was 15 of us there, I loved that place! One of those guys will know what its called and post in here I am sure.

Kim from the Forestel called me to book my room, I'm in at the Forestel for Saturday the 25th, next night hmmm well one of the guys is already hinting lunch in Matagami then swing down to Amos.

Just so you guys know we have up to 4 o'clock that day to cancel the reservations at the Forestel .... You can ask for much better than that just in case you never know.

I've got a question:

If we were to leave Forestel and head down 386/63 back toward Rabaska and the Truck, are there gas and food stops along the way? suggestions? I can't find my paper maps of the area and the one online looks a little bleak in that area?

Thanks

GutZ

Is anyone doing an extended ride and heading to Ville Marie before they run back?

One of my favourite spots is this one...

http://www.bannik.ca

I've sent an email to Dominique at Clova for a room. Will reserve forestel next week. Looking forward to this. This is a fun rum. I am willing to sled longer if any one wants to go early or stay later. January is a slow month for me.

Hey Linda,

I am starting my ride sled day 1 on the afternoon of the 18th or morning of the 19th from the Shawinigan area. I have to be back in NYC on January 28th therefore most of my riding will be the week before the gathering.

Busy real estate market eh? We are nuts in NYC. Hot Hot Hot market.

Enjoy the summer!

Tom

I just spoke to Dominique at Rabaska Lodge http://www.rabaskalodge.com/ 819-623-1818 and she has put a couple of cabins aside for Quebec Rider members at a special rate of $99 per person plus tax and tip breakfast and dinner included and you are welcome to leave trailer there for your ride to Val D'or.

I've got a question:

If we were to leave Forestel and head down 386/63 back toward Rabaska and the Truck, are there gas and food stops along the way? suggestions? I can't find my paper maps of the area and the one online looks a little bleak in that area?

Thanks

GutZ

We did this trip (from east to west) this past winter . In the first post you can see the route and some pics.

http://www.quebecrider.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2770

Hey Linda,

I am starting my ride sled day 1 on the afternoon of the 18th or morning of the 19th from the Shawinigan area. I have to be back in NYC on January 28th therefore most of my riding will be the week before the gathering.

Busy real estate market eh? We are nuts in NYC. Hot Hot Hot market.

Enjoy the summer!

Tom

Hi Tom,

I am free! lol I only have 3 trips booked so far!

Yes, very busy here too! Thankfully!! Been slow here last couple three years.

I am really going to be ready this year, I am going to just ride!

linda

Kim from the Forestel called me to book my room, I'm in at the Forestel for Saturday the 25th, next night hmmm well one of the guys is already hinting lunch in Matagami then swing down to Amos.

That should be a good ride. Looking forward to heading up there.

I just spoke to Dominique at Rabaska Lodge http://www.rabaskalodge.com/ 819-623-1818 and she has put a couple of cabins aside for Quebec Rider members at a special rate of $99 per person plus tax and tip breakfast and dinner included and you are welcome to leave trailer there for your ride to Val D'or.

Yes I would like to ride more Linda. My rig will be on site for the season.

321 474-4432 Jesse.

Jesse,

When are you back at Rabaska after your family holiday trip? I'm planning to start riding the Saturday or Sunday before the gathering and finish the 27th.

All good in FL?

Best,

Tom

Things are just fine.

We come home from new years on the 6th of Jan. I have a return ticket for this ride wends before. I would like to ride monday tuesday after or more, My third trip will be Late feb or mid I know you have to be home for the 30 day close out. Thinking 15th pluss or mins for 10 day ride.

Yes I would like to ride more Linda. My rig will be on site for the season.

321 474-4432 Jesse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZPeomW_NZo

Is that you???