Trois-Rivières/LaTuque Photo Ride-report 28 dec. 2013

towing

This last Saturday, we enlarged our playground a bit by having a ride in Mauricie. Krikri and I started our ride with Snowcruiser in Champlain area about fifteen minutes east of Trois- Rivières along St-Laurence river.

DSC00464_zpsbb4e196b.jpg

After a talking a bit, although it was a little ambitious starting at 9:00 o’clock, we decided to go lunching to Latuque, nearly 120miles away ... Here the trail path of our ride

carte_zps27bb36c7.jpg

The temperature was quite mild with very cloudy sky and a few snow intermittently, not very good for pictures but excellent for trail riding. We took the trail #351 that run along #40 Highway and crosses it via the C3 trail that we followed .

DSC00467_zps56c93bb3.jpg

Just next to the junction , there is a small river crossing on #351 trail. Locals will remember the small narrow covered bridge that was there for years ... it has been replaced by a nice big brand new full width deck bridge!

DSC00469_zps2539cb37.jpg

The old bridge has not yet picked up and is still there on the other side of the highway

DSC00471_zps60477629.jpg

As usual in these conditions, visibility in the fields was really hard and we had to stay very alert…

DSC00478_zps04059334.jpg

It became much easier in the woods

DSC00480_zpsd72dd19c.jpg

The snow is amazing for the time of year and being so close to the St-Laurence river

DSC00483_zps7f937deb.jpg

#3 trail section we encounter was bumpy but it came back very fine near the Lac à la Tortue

DSC00486_zps4c9f3e2b.jpg

And then we went on the St-Maurice river near Grand-Mère

DSC00493_zps151664c7.jpg

Although we have seen frozen slush traces on each side of the trail, it ride very well in marked trail. A bit rough in some small spots but nothing bad.

DSC00496_zps81551b26.jpg

We did not made a very long section on the St-Maurice as we went up on the shore and took the #23 trail to St-Tite

DSC00501_zps9a485070.jpg

We passed St-Tite ...

DSC00508_zps3bfc9716.jpg

We then headed toward St Joseph via #360 trail. We seen some very frosted mountains

DSC00521_zps9d83e8c3.jpg

DSC00529_zpsd92b32c1.jpg

We refueled in St-Joseph de Mekinac

DSC00541_zps369c0559.jpg

And continued our ride toward north on beautiful snowy trails

DSC00543_zpsd2a9cc1e.jpg

DSC00547_zpsab95a17d.jpg

We arrived here on the first section of the classic pipeline which was verrrrrry nice

DSC00552_zpsd93be4ee.jpg

DSC00551_zpsd8e1091c.jpg

Some will remember in last years, before arriving at the big railway bridge, the trail passed directly on the plowed road for several miles which was a problems in the event of thaw. The club has made a new trail path under Hydro-Quebec power lines and along the road in question. It's not perfect yet and this is the only place that needs a bit more snow because it has been done recently but it's definitely a very good thing for this trail.

DSC00559_zpsac00d6bc.jpg

We took a short break under the “Rivière du Milieu” railway bridge

DSC00568_zpsbd0b3ca9.jpg

They put this sign this year, 195 feet tall!!!

DSC00570_zps2d0d1458.jpg

We then left...

DSC00572_zps8869b566.jpg

To ride the other large section of pipeline. The trail was beautiful: flat, snowy and fast

DSC00580_zps1cbcfb81.jpg]

DSC00586_zps0cc7b875.jpg

We then continued on #360 trail. The temperature was mild, near the freezing point giving very soft trail. We then played in the powder a lot, even while being careful in twisty sections.

DSC00591_zps2eb4d8d7.jpg

DSC00592_zps5cfe9fb1.jpg

Here at the #73 junction near Wayagamac lake, about 10 miles before Latuque

DSC00593_zps4b3b495a.jpg

The # 73 was nice too

DSC00595_zpsf1a21a88.jpg

Edited by towing

Some may recognize this tower just at the entrance to the city. You will notice the blue sky on the pic, this is the only clearing we had for the whole day.

DSC00602_zpsb4e44c52.jpg

And we finally arrived for lunch at Marineau at 1:00 pm with 115 miles on the dreammeter

DSC00606_zps9426ce1f.jpg

After a good meal, we went in town to refuel. Here the famous road junction where snowmobilers have their light control to cross ...

DSC00614_zps1df4b16f.jpg

And we then used the same path to come back. Here beautiful sections of pipeline

DSC00632_zpsacbb798d.jpg

DSC00636_zps7f899155.jpg

DSC00635_zps51484320.jpg

Just after the new path in the power lines, we switched on #351 trail toward Zec Tawachiche which continued under the power lines

DSC00642_zps886d8adb.jpg

The terrain is very rugged under and despite the good snow it was still quite bumpy. It is probably still in the early grooming shots at this place.

DSC00643_zps4861a907.jpg

We then returned through St-Thecle and joined the path taken in the morning for a few miles and then switch north of St-Tite toward the village of St-Severin. We regret it for a few miles because it was rough but fortunately, we met there the dozer a little further . At the junction with the C6 trail, we took a little break to plan the rest of the path

DSC00650_zps3eddc0b9.jpg

One side or the other were just groomed… winner on both side !

DSC00655_zps07a2c9d8.jpg

We finally chose to go toward St-Stanislas on the C6/#3/C4 trails to join the #351 along #40 highway near Batiscan. Sections of the Batiscan river were all very good and we even had the luck of crossing other groomers. We were finally back to our starting point around 7 pm with 240 miles on the dreammeter.

In summary , the season is really launched in Mauricie . The snow is excellent, the rivers are ready making good connectivity between trails and groomers are in operation everywhere ... cannot ask for more ... just enjoy!

To conclude, I took the opportunity to wish you a very Happy New Year 2014 with health, happiness and many many miles and smiles…

Bye !!!

Alain

Alain, you drove right past Scorpionbowl and I, we were stopped at intersection of 360 and 355 just outside St Joseph we saw you pass us there and head up 355 toward La Tuque.

Alain, Thanks for the report. It takes effort to be so thorough in two languages. We are grateful.

Blue sky is not necessary to have a great day of snowmobiling. We enjoy seeing your (Krikri's) photos.

You are ending 2013 with some very nice trips. I hope it continues with the new year. We look forward to seeing some of the sights you showed us.

We hope you and your family have a Happy New Year.

Happy New Year Towing (and all)! Thanks lots for throwing fuel on the fire! Those are the trails that I cut my Quebec teeth on. I still have a few more weeks before I can get up there, and your reports are a TOTALLY AWESOME pacifier in the meantime.

Great report Towing as always. I look forward to coming to work every monday and reading your post. I have a few buddies right now riding the south side of the Saint Lawerence. I am waiting for a trial report.

Happy New Year to you and Krikri. Hopefully this year we may meet on the trail again.

Alain, you drove right past Scorpionbowl and I, we were stopped at intersection of 360 and 355 just outside St Joseph we saw you pass us there and head up 355 toward La Tuque.

Oh really??? sorry to read we miss you again... I remember having seen sleds/peoples on the side of the trail there. Maybe the next shot will be the right one!! It was a nice day to play in powder he...

Very nice. We will be headed that way soon as we go from Cabanon to spend the night at Windigo.

Looks nice on forecast, a bit on the chilly side for the next days...

We also passed him last week, small, small world.

You see... i'm not just a photoshopper, I ride for real..lollll

you're right, small world...

Alain, Thanks for the report. It takes effort to be so thorough in two languages. We are grateful.

Blue sky is not necessary to have a great day of snowmobiling. We enjoy seeing your (Krikri's) photos.

You are ending 2013 with some very nice trips. I hope it continues with the new year. We look forward to seeing some of the sights you showed us.

We hope you and your family have a Happy New Year.

I think it worth the effort.. and it make for me an excellent english learning lesson to do that. I hope to improve my frenglish over time...

Over 800 miles/1300kms riden in december, very very good for us. We take a small break for family purpose and come back strong mid january...

Great report and pics!

Thanks Scranton!

Happy New Year Towing (and all)! Thanks lots for throwing fuel on the fire! Those are the trails that I cut my Quebec teeth on. I still have a few more weeks before I can get up there, and your reports are a TOTALLY AWESOME pacifier in the meantime.

It was a pleasure PlayHard to throw some fuel on the fire!!! you won't be deceived, it's handsome!!

Great report Towing as always. I look forward to coming to work every monday and reading your post. I have a few buddies right now riding the south side of the Saint Lawerence. I am waiting for a trial report.

Happy New Year to you and Krikri. Hopefully this year we may meet on the trail again.

Thanks mxz7000!! I know that the south border of the st-Laurence infront us received alot of ice last week up to Valcourt area. Thay had alot of work to do in cutting branches and tree to restore the trail network there...

I will be a pleasure to shake your hand again on the trails, take care..

Alain

Thanks for the report Towing. It is great that some of you people are taking the time to do these reports. It makes it much easier for us people that have to travel to get there and make our plans for our trip. Thanks again keep up the great work.

Thanks for the report Towing. It is great that some of you people are taking the time to do these reports. It makes it much easier for us people that have to travel to get there and make our plans for our trip. Thanks again keep up the great work.

It's our pleasure chris1v !!!

Nice report. Happy new year to you Alain and Krikri

Love the report and the new handwritting!!!

Happy New Year!!

Thank you Dave and Linda!!! I wish you an healthful 2014 with many snowy ride mile ahead...

Thanks Towing for generous reports, you are so very lucky to live in the most popular snowmobile region of Quebec, happy New Year to you and Krikri., more smiles for more miles.

You bet JG very lucky.. I wish you an happy new year and the best for 2014!

Have you did your rejuvenation projet on your old girl you talked about?? didn't seen the results yet...

Alain

You bet JG very lucky.. I wish you an happy new year and the best for 2014!

Have you did your rejuvenation projet on your old girl you talked about?? didn't seen the results yet...

Alain

You bet Alain I got her all back together last Friday and have about 150klms of flawless test runs done, long story short swapped 136 track for a 144 Ice Attack installed tipped up rails tunnel extension and few goodies. Check it out

You bet Alain I got her all back together last Friday and have about 150klms of flawless test runs done, long story short swapped 136 track for a 144 Ice Attack installed tipped up rails tunnel extension and few goodies. Check it out

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Oh yeah... a war machine ready to launch!!! You have a wise set-up, i'm sure you will love this ice track...

very nice results :good: enjoy!!!

Nice report Alain,as always I hope to head somewhere in Quebec the 19th as long as the weather is still cooperating

Thanks Viper , I just wish you a bit warmer temps than what you got last year... actual temperatures are just crazy today :shok:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

My guess is you are going to see a huge difference in your ride, for the better. The sled has more than enough power to turn that long a track. I am saying this from having owned 3 144" track machines you will find Quebec riding better than ever.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Looking Good Brother. iceman likey.