Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

post-70-0-23301000-1362014261_thumb.jpgpost-70-0-27031000-1362014282_thumb.jpgHi Groomer, saw two of these new Holland tractors today. Curious of the advantage or disadvantage of having four separate tracks. One at Montmagny and the picture is where one was parked at a farm southwest of Montmagny. mike

post-70-0-23301000-1362014261_thumb.jpgpost-70-0-27031000-1362014282_thumb.jpgHi Groomer, saw two of these new Holland tractors today. Curious of the advantage or disadvantage of having four separate tracks. One at Montmagny and the picture is where one was parked at a farm southwest of Montmagny. mike

hi mike !!

big thank you for pics !!

well ,don t know much about the ..4 tracks ''..

from what i 've heard !!

can t remember if it s cross point club ,they have rubber tracks on their groomer ( 2 tracks )...at the beginning of the season must be very polite not to spin tracks on climbing hills because you might in troubles for a few runs with icy hills !!.

personnally ,i rather have 2 tracks than 4...without saying they are nt good at all...don t see myself on big drifts or getting stuck in a ditch...might be tougher to unstcuk..this my personnal opinion !!

i think the club in rimouski have one like that !!

jean-guy :drinks:

hi all !!

read this post carefully...no joking or laughing today..and this is very serious !!

well ,the last 2 storms brought me to a point that i quit grooming for a while...need to get off trails and grooming and just relax.

when you groom, you go from point A to point B, come back home and should be happy with your grooming-ribbons and trails....but it did nt happen at all since those 2 storms!!

i was feeling the pressure ( lots ) of sledders....business owners too .....and qr members too i guess!!

so, the last 2 weeks has been HELL for me !!i got mad at the president because i was tired to f...with sur trac in deep snow..unhook drag ..etc...going very slowly !!

almost lost 2 long time friends because i was so mad at grooming and f and and f again...and swearing all the time.

last saturday spent 1 hr on phone with machine running idle at a gas station in town...not happy at all.

thursday night i think, going to st alexandre and lac saumon ,spent maybe 1.5 hrs+ spinning tracks on ice...swearing like hell!!...because i had so many miles of grooming to do.

friday at mid night left my house grooming tq 5 ...back home at 8 am...only 8 hrs instead of 12-13-14 hrs with sur trac.....this brought my blood pressure way up !!

because ,i spend tons of hrs on computer-grooming...couch a bit and bed...im in bad shape ..if i can say that .

so,tuesday night slept about 3 hrs ...very tired and feeling bad....so ,yesterday around noon ,i took my courage with 2 hands and went to hospital in amqui..

they plugged the ''dyno '' on me with a gallon of anti-freeze on one side of the bed....checking how many hp i had left ..

no major problems..just need to eat better without saying that was eating junk foods..need to rest calm down...way too much stress lately..just crazy the pressure only about grooming.

i wish i could know how many tbk i said in the past 2 weeks...i was real mad and in a bad mood !!

yesterday ,i stopped at the gas station where i park machine to fill my truck with gas.wife of the president work there.so ,i gave her the keys of the machine.

i don t expect to sit again in the sur trac this season...unless they are in very in big troubles.those in my town who think that grooming is only looking at drag and scenery ....they all can ki$$ my a$$!!they just don t know...all local trail were super rough last week end.

if they want me to groom again next season....i need a new machine...if not .....done with grooming..

no insults at all for others...but feel very sad for those who bought their trails at the club......never expected that at all !!!

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy too much happened in the last 2 weeks...just tired to swear all the time..

very sorry for the bad words..just wanted to express my point !!! don t think that im a rough person ...not at all...just saw waaay too much sh?t lately !!

went to see ex-operator and wife before diner ...great laughs and jokes !!

might come back grooming ..but not sure....need to rest ,calm down and enjoy few new things to relax.

rob,steven or mid range...i won t post as much..but ill keep an eye here to help..

so ,if you want to ''unpin '' the thread .i won t be mad or say tbk !!

have a nice day all !!!

Hi Jean-Guy,

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time of anquish. Just relax & take it one day at a time. Enjoy the moment right in front of you. Get up to your camp and rest, read, meditate, do whatever you enjoy at the moment. "Every flower that blooms has to go through a whole lot of dirt"! "It is often the bend in the road that makes life worth the drive"!

Best,

Tom

I kind of wondered how you had time to do it all. I hope i speak for others when i say i don't expect all the pictures and reports you give daily or multiple times daily but i appreciate them when you do. However if you think that you NEED to do all of this for us that is NOT the case and I don't blame you for losing it a little. You should NOT be the only groomer for the area and if so then shame on them for expecting so much. And you get my vote for getting whatever machine you need in order to be able to groom what you do. Stand your ground and make them cough up a new machine to your specs.

I kind of wondered how you had time to do it all. I hope i speak for others when i say i don't expect all the pictures and reports you give daily or multiple times daily but i appreciate them when you do. However if you think that you NEED to do all of this for us that is NOT the case and I don't blame you for losing it a little. You should NOT be the only groomer for the area and if so then shame on them for expecting so much. And you get my vote for getting whatever machine you need in order to be able to groom what you do. Stand your ground and make them cough up a new machine to your specs.

+ 2 on the above post regarding Pic's and pinned maps Jean Guy. Your trails where the best I rode all last weekend, and your area is my new favorite part of the Gaspie. Tough going last week in the Gaspie. Even 2 former Cains Quest riders from Ottawa who where there all last week during the 2 storms,told me they had to ride the roads for 2 days because of all the snow drifts. These 2 quys also did the White Trail alone, so they said. Edited by momojohnny

Hi Jean-Guy

My grandma always told me sometimes you just have to step back for awhile clear your head and come back to it with a fresh outlook. As for the machine the only one that should order the tools is the one that uses the tools, he knows what works best !!!

As Gizz said post what and when it makes you happy! and dont worry you are our friend grooming or not!!!

Hope to visit you late next week with eddieskidoo, we can down some wine and get rid of the Tabanac!

Your friend

Curtis AKA Poltodoo :drinks::rofl:

Jean - Guy My Freind .... First there was no snow then the warm up with all the Ice under the big dump. Hang in there !! If it was up to me you have the Cadillac of Groomers. You do so much for your club. And us QR. Thank You so much.

P. S. See you next week Bud.

Edited by crazysnow

hi all !!

read this post carefully...no joking or laughing today..and this is very serious !!

well ,the last 2 storms brought me to a point that i quit grooming for a while...need to get off trails and grooming and just relax.

when you groom, you go from point A to point B, come back home and should be happy with your grooming-ribbons and trails....but it did nt happen at all since those 2 storms!!

i was feeling the pressure ( lots ) of sledders....business owners too .....and qr members too i guess!!

so, the last 2 weeks has been HELL for me !!i got mad at the president because i was tired to f...with sur trac in deep snow..unhook drag ..etc...going very slowly !!

almost lost 2 long time friends because i was so mad at grooming and f and and f again...and swearing all the time.

last saturday spent 1 hr on phone with machine running idle at a gas station in town...not happy at all.

thursday night i think, going to st alexandre and lac saumon ,spent maybe 1.5 hrs+ spinning tracks on ice...swearing like hell!!...because i had so many miles of grooming to do.

friday at mid night left my house grooming tq 5 ...back home at 8 am...only 8 hrs instead of 12-13-14 hrs with sur trac.....this brought my blood pressure way up !!

because ,i spend tons of hrs on computer-grooming...couch a bit and bed...im in bad shape ..if i can say that .

so,tuesday night slept about 3 hrs ...very tired and feeling bad....so ,yesterday around noon ,i took my courage with 2 hands and went to hospital in amqui..

they plugged the ''dyno '' on me with a gallon of anti-freeze on one side of the bed....checking how many hp i had left ..

no major problems..just need to eat better without saying that was eating junk foods..need to rest calm down...way too much stress lately..just crazy the pressure only about grooming.

i wish i could know how many tbk i said in the past 2 weeks...i was real mad and in a bad mood !!

yesterday ,i stopped at the gas station where i park machine to fill my truck with gas.wife of the president work there.so ,i gave her the keys of the machine.

i don t expect to sit again in the sur trac this season...unless they are in very in big troubles.those in my town who think that grooming is only looking at drag and scenery ....they all can ki$$ my a$$!!they just don t know...all local trail were super rough last week end.

if they want me to groom again next season....i need a new machine...if not .....done with grooming..

no insults at all for others...but feel very sad for those who bought their trails at the club......never expected that at all !!!

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy too much happened in the last 2 weeks...just tired to swear all the time..

very sorry for the bad words..just wanted to express my point !!! don t think that im a rough person ...not at all...just saw waaay too much sh?t lately !!

went to see ex-operator and wife before diner ...great laughs and jokes !!

might come back grooming ..but not sure....need to rest ,calm down and enjoy few new things to relax.

rob,steven or mid range...i won t post as much..but ill keep an eye here to help..

so ,if you want to ''unpin '' the thread .i won t be mad or say tbk !!

have a nice day all !!!

Hey JG

It has been a hard COUPLE OF WINTERS.

Weird things Mother nature has thrown at all who depend on Snow and winter for both fun and their livelyhood.

Sit back drink some wine and relax for a bit.

All jobs have their ups and downs.

I deal with people's problems every day at work.Most can be helped but some not so much.

There has to be some downtime or you end up Burnt!!

Camping with family in the summer along with sledding solo in the winter does it for me.

You have been at this for quite awhile from what I can see.

Gilbert seems to be working well.

Old Blue seems to be getting tired.

Icey trails suck for riders as well as groomer operators but as we all know Mother Nature is a Fickle BITCH and does what she wants!!

WE JUST HAVE TO GO WITH THE FLOW.

Relax /get a Dr's note to get you off work a bit and then see how things are in a couple of weeks time.

Many of your pictures are Professional quality.

Perhaps set up some type of website and offer prints for sale??

Could be fun as well as profitable??

Good luck with whatever you figure out to do.

Thanks for the reports and hope to hear from you in the future after things settle down a bit for you.

Groomer- take care of yourself and people that you care about! Everything else is secondary. All your pics and trip advice is very appreciated but don't do it at the expense of your health. Good luck in whatever you do and know that all of us on QR support you.

Jean Guy - We go back some years and I can tell you that no one 'objects' to you taking care of yourself. That is the most important thing. You + I have talked grooming and 'equipment' so we both understand what a mental + physical game it is.

Take care of yourself and get better. You need to do what is 'right' to make your life happy. We are all only given a limited time to experience and enjoy life on earth.

Godspeed.

Relax, Take a break, Take up a Hobby to get your mind settled. Have you tried snowmobiling? There is a dealership near by, Halle and Sons, or something, get ahold of Felix, he seems like a nice guy and he may rent you a sled, go for ride enjoy the scenery....

Whatever it takes to relax.

Feel Better.

GutZ

Groomer,

I frickin LOVE your outlook on all things, and now is no exception, especially: "plugged the ''dyno '' on me with a gallon of anti-freeze on one side of the bed....checking how many hp i had left" and ESPECIALLY "no major problems"!

You know you're right on your position, and anyone who matters knows that your stress is just because you care. You probably have no control over that. But you always have control over how much BS you expose yourself to.

For all the good that you'll do, in grooming or anything else, take care of your health, which includes staying away from dangerous conditions with inadequate equipment!

All the best,

hi all !!

first of all ,big thx for the great words,comments,advices and encouragements !!...very-very appreciated !!awesome to see the friendship on qr !!

need to go back to hospital next week for a test !!they are going to plug me a mini ''dyno '' for 24 hrs..just in case ..there s something else !!

a bit of positive...no tbk since yesterday morning !!like i say here in quebecois...i ve seen the devil in the last 2 weeks.

big blue was parked in front of my house since a week maybe....one of the director went grooming tq 5 yesterday...roughly 9 hrs run....a bit too fast for a newbie !!

then this morning ,he came back with a newbie!!forgot to check on the link ...he s probably grooming st alexandre right now...

might go to albertville next week for my paycheck...a big 300.00$$

i need to move my butt absolutely ..walking ,snowshoeing ..etc..too much time seating !!

some friends here on qr told me about my pics,selling them or make a calendar !!

one thing you must nt forget ...not much population here and no big salaries if i can say that...so , i don t expect people to pay ''extra money '' for a calendar or pic or frame.

back in december i think .linda made 2 with my pics just too show me......great colors on calendar ...but the cost of making one and if you want to make profits....too expensive to buy/sell i guess.

population is not used to spend big money on stuff like that .i was very happy with colors....waaay better than those cheap ones you see in some gas station.

first pic...i choose that one because it represent grooming very well.....just after sunrise at the st fidele cb !!i ll never get tired to look at that pic..

jan 3th..06 !!

a bit of sunshine right now...but more cloudy ...+3c !

big thank you again !!!

jean-guy

Jean Guy:

I hope some time off the groomer and a visit to the doctor has made you feel better. I guess the "grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence" I would still trade your office for mine.

Be well

Phil

Jean Guy:

I hope some time off the groomer and a visit to the doctor has made you feel better. I guess the "grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence" I would still trade your office for mine.

Be well

Phil

hi phil !!

thank you !!

absolutely right !! even if i posted tons of pics this season ,it was nt meaning that i was always smiling at the ''office ''.

expect to spend a few days at the camp next week and enjoy peacefull time there and off the trail riding !!

at least 3 '' of fresh wet snow ....still snowing very lightly...+1c !!

"Peaceful time" ha!

Did you forget I am coming to visit??

You better rest before I get there and get your blood pressure in check....I ordered more snow for our ride and you know better than anyone what happens when I order some snow!!

Oh and sorry to tell you...no cheese curds!! Way too much salt for your blood pressure!! Sorry buddy!!

I might still be able to bake you a few brownies though.

Get the guest room ready! I am on route Monday!

Linda