God …I love this S;$T

snowmaster2112

Now here is the

4 minutes ago, Byrd said:

Is it open to the pubic or just friends? Adventure finds you on most of your rides thanks for sharing.

Unfortunately it is not open to the public and hasn’t been for 15; years. Just asked him and I guessed right.

He is a GREAT person and would be of help if anyone was ever in an emergency though.

The biggest surprise of this trip so far has been that we HAVE NOT seen another sled on the trail since we left Andre’s camp yesterday morning. That’s M21, M20, 345 to Repos, 33 to Manawan, to Lunic, to 100 Lacs, to Parent today and to here. Not on the trail either direction, not at an intersection, not in Parent, NOT anywhere’s.

i would be willing to bet you couldn’t do that again, if you tried in 100 years.

30 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Now here is the

Unfortunately it is not open to the public and hasn’t been for 15; years. Just asked him and I guessed right.

He is a GREAT person and would be of help if anyone was ever in an emergency though.

The biggest surprise of this trip so far has been that we HAVE NOT seen another sled on the trail since we left Andre’s camp yesterday morning. That’s M21, M20, 345 to Repos, 33 to Manawan, to Lunic, to 100 Lacs, to Parent today and to here. Not on the trail either direction, not at an intersection, not in Parent, NOT anywhere’s.

i would be willing to bet you couldn’t do that again, if you tried in 100 years.

Wishful thinking on my behalf it was great place to stay in the nineties 😀

21 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

We are having our lasagna dinner now 

this place and Jean-Guy IMO is one of the greatest places on earth 

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_01/40358BA8-A4F4-402D-BD8F-E7079166F737.thumb.jpeg.6143b6e585f350a961bb5250bf95ac76.jpeg

No question about it 

1 hour ago, snowmaster2112 said:

The few pictures I took today don’t do justice to how much snow there was. What your seeing are complete stops and a scenic snap here and there. The rest of the time we were hanging on and doing everything you can to stay in these guys tracks and not get sucked off the trail. The further we went along I was convinced we would not have made it with our sleds or at the least had a really, really hard time. Here up on the hill overlooking Parent. The new cell tower is up and we went right by it. It will be active next year. While at the depanneur in Parent (no hassles or problems there whatsoever on restrictions) I ask Andre to ask the girl at the register about 4 sleds coming in here before us. I was guessing there were 4-5 of them and she said that sounded right AND THEY WERE GOING TO THE GOUIN !!!!

Best damn news I’ve heard all day. Now we have a clear shot all the way to Haltaparche if we don’t blow off the trail.

Here .....where they split and headed up. Haltaparche is less than a km around the corner.

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_01/AA4A6F83-31D7-4A28-8557-061F6E91EBA4.thumb.jpeg.7e0cb323548addae99a41dc3388580cb.jpeg

Cynthia is the English speaking lady at the store in Parent .. she's awesome !

A foot or more new snow on the trail untracked sounds like heaven to me 🙂

Edited by dooright

A whopping 8 miles so far today 

Nobody had been up the Gouin east side trail or 83 east since the storm

while back at Haltaparche the 3 guys staying at the Gouin last night pulled in from the west side trail only a km away from Haltaparche 

they pulled in and the one guy had a Sidewinder just like my buddies

he said you have to let the engine warm up till it shuts itself off to unfreeze the steering as this was what was happening to my buddy Jeff’s sled a bit ago.

the BEST news is they are heading to Kanawata so we can follow their trail there in a bit.   YAHOO.....!!!!!!!!

stay tuned.......

on a side note the FCMQ map looks like a “sea of purple “ except where we are at.....LOL.   

Having a blast though and just hoping nothing go wrong getting back to Andre’s camp tomorrow night 

we might cook hot dogs later if we can get to the grill

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_01/5E715C2B-91D4-42D9-86F4-0BB36DFC8104.thumb.jpeg.784c6284445b1857c3d2061da1015047.jpeg

Edited by snowmaster2112

13 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

I had a Yamaha that would melt snow and then freeze the steering bell crank and in the morning or even after stopping for lunch the steering would be frozen...not nice to deal with these days with very little access to anything...I bet JG has seen all sorts of emergency situations  out there you get a hunk of ice down there under the engine in all this snow and it's a real pain in the ass.

6 hours ago, quebec bob said:

I had a Yamaha that would melt snow and then freeze the steering bell crank and in the morning or even after stopping for lunch the steering would be frozen...not nice to deal with these days with very little access to anything...I bet JG has seen all sorts of emergency situations  out there you get a hunk of ice down there under the engine in all this snow and it's a real pain in the ass.

Ok so Jeff WANTS TO KNOW the fix. He CANT stand when something’s not right or he doesn’t have  the item to fix it. That’s why he carries 50lbs of tools. I swear we could swap an engine out on the trail if need be. LOL

6 hours ago, NSHM said:

Nice Pics! How much fresh? 24 inches? Not a good gas mileage day for sure. Do you guys draw straws to see who gets to ride third in line, lol

No , not 24”  (except in blown in areas) but a solid 14-17 up here. 2.5-3 additional today. It’s Jeffrey’s new Sidewinder out front or my boat anchor. Probably 60/40 me.