7 day permit

zrtkat

6 minutes ago, Signfan said:

serviceclientele@fcmq.qc.ca

I'd e-mail them if you can't find anything on the permit website. Seems like a reasonable request if the 7 days hasn't started yet.  If it's started you're probably SOL.

I emailed them today but they are closed and the permit starts tomorrow so it's not looking good.

If you don't receive a reply in time, I would suggest contacting the club from which your permit was purchased.  They may be amenable to working out some sort of a partial rebate of the portion of the money they received as a good faith gesture.  In the past, our Club has rebated the amount received from the FCMQ in the case of cancellations for medical emergencies and whatnot.  

Just got off phone with customer service she said too late to change dates on permit, she said 24;hrs before start of trail permits .I explained I called Sunday they where closed.

She said too bad.

So no trip for us this year not going to spend another $600 on permits.

Zrtkat 

1 minute ago, markusvt said:

Borrow or rent  trailer and march on?

I would but unfortunately they will not change the dates on our 7 day permits and we are not spending another $600 on permits.

We are done for the year 

Zrtkat 

I think is a good lesson here in economics. You spent quite a bit of money for nothing. I could never understand why someone in our sport would not buy the season pass before the December deadline. The price is $145 Canadian more than a 7 day pass and $25 less than buying a 7 day and then a 3day. You are good for the year then, get the sticker in the mail long before you go and can come and go as you please. With all the money we spend in this sport it seems crazy to me to try and pinch pennies here  

35 minutes ago, viper2 said:

I think is a good lesson here in economics. You spent quite a bit of money for nothing. I could never understand why someone in our sport would not buy the season pass before the December deadline. The price is $145 Canadian more than a 7 day pass and $25 less than buying a 7 day and then a 3day. You are good for the year then, get the sticker in the mail long before you go and can come and go as you please. With all the money we spend in this sport it seems crazy to me to try and pinch pennies here  

The cheap turns out to be expensive. 

1 hour ago, viper2 said:

Viper2

Can I explain my reasoning this year to getting a 7 day pass versus buying a season pass early before deadline . Every year we have come to Quebec snowmobiling we purchase a seasonal pass and we only come up snowmobiling for 7-10 days . This year was different due to my health we did not know if I would be able to go or not till  after December.

So yes I agree the seasonal pass is the way to go before December and next year we will be purchasing early for sure, I am not on here complaining about loosing Money on trail permits,and first 2 nights of lodging, I think it is only fair for the lodging to charge me because they could have rented them out .

I am more upset about not doing what we love to do and thats snowmobiling in Quebec ,So all we can do is let it go and look forward to next year enjoying what we love to do

Hoping the season is long for people snowmobiling in Quebec

Greg

On 2/21/2023 at 5:57 PM, zrtkat said:

Viper2

Can I explain my reasoning this year to getting a 7 day pass versus buying a season pass early before deadline . Every year we have come to Quebec snowmobiling we purchase a seasonal pass and we only come up snowmobiling for 7-10 days . This year was different due to my health we did not know if I would be able to go or not till  after December.

So yes I agree the seasonal pass is the way to go before December and next year we will be purchasing early for sure, I am not on here complaining about loosing Money on trail permits,and first 2 nights of lodging, I think it is only fair for the lodging to charge me because they could have rented them out .

I am more upset about not doing what we love to do and thats snowmobiling in Quebec ,So all we can do is let it go and look forward to next year enjoying what we love to do

Hoping the season is long for people snowmobiling in Quebec

Greg

I get it, I have bought week passes in the past. If you were to do it again I would suggest waiting to purchase it until you land at your starting spot.

1 hour ago, viper2 said:

I get it, I have bought week passes in the past. If you were to do it again I would suggest waiting to purchase it until you land at your starting spot.

Precisely 

WAY too much could go wrong and it’s the very safest bet. Just gotta be someplace that has internet and a printer

On 2/19/2023 at 8:25 PM, zrtkat said:

Does anyone know if you can change the start date on a 7 day permit????

Unfortunately we had to cancel after trailer problem.

Thanks 

Zrtkat 

That sux. I am sorry that happened to you. As has been mentioned, the early buy season pass is really the only way to go. This year mine was $300 U.S. This equates to about two days on the trail with Food fuel and lodging. I made up my mind years ago that if I am  going to be in the sport, it is going to cost a lot. This is also why I have been out of the sport off and on over the last thirty plus years. If I can't ride Quebec, I have no interest in riding.  I hope 2024 goes better for you.