Season Opener 2015

Florida Snowman

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys see any other sledders on the trails? Looks like you have the place to yourself. Is that cutie still there at Balbuzard making you take your boots off when you enter? Talked with Eric, I beleive we are headed up Monday or Tues. We'll deceide where we are going in the parking lot.. Enjoy!!

amazing real time ride report! I love the pics too :good: keep them coming...

On a side note, Sport Plein Air in Chibougamau is a Yammy dealer, they sell Yamaha, Arctic Cat and Polaris. We had stop for an oil change on Coyote's sled last time we got there 3 years ago. Your chances were probably better to have more parts available in LSJ but in case you ever need, you can take a chance there...http://sportspleinair.com/

Continue to enjoy your ride and sharing with us

Alain

Edited by towing

Day 6

Jan 21

Kudos to Max & his team at Balbuzzard! Took great care of us & it was nice to sleep there again. Food was first rate NYC quality. Great Braised short ribs for dinner. A breakfast plate that had it all. I will be back. Great memories of staying there in the past. Make sure if you're going west to Senneterre you FILL your tank at Balbuzzard. $2.50 CA a litre for super but it sure beats walking. It's 105 miles till the Shell on Main Street in Senneterre. Gas would be closer if you made the left turnoff to Louvicourt.

Left Balbuzzard at 8:30am under mostly cloudy skies and -9*F. We were told by Max that the groomer had came & went back to Senneterre the night before. Pinch me I think I'm dreaming! We rode making first tracks on fresh groomed all the way on 83W to Senneterre! Most was double wide groomed to boot. Got gas in Senneterre & took the local trail short cut to 93. I had to ride one of my top 3 favorite sections of trail in all of PQ. 93 between Senneterre & Amos. After 2-3 miles of stutter bumps we entered the Club Barutte goal posts and low & behold we found fresh groomed yet again! But here it's groomed 2-3-4 wide! NICE! Abitibi never disappoints. This is my favorite area of Quebec to ride for sure. Got gas in Amos & then headed south on 307 to Riviere Heva & got back on 83 to Val d'Or for the night. Another amazing day of riding. 265 miles for the day & in at 3:30pm.

Edited by Florida Snowman

Wow! Great trail report! I have been there but didn't dpend the night. Looks fantastic!

Thanks for sharing Tom!

Day 7

Jan 22

Left Val d'Or 7:30am with 2" of fresh champagne powder & lightly snowing. Temp was 7*F. Topped off gas tanks at Louvicourt & took the 386 south riding yet again first tracks on fresh groomed trail double wide. Got gas at Relais Kitcisakik and continued south. This section of 386 never disappoints & today was no exception. Fast & smooth. Just the way I like it. Went east on 63 & dropped down to Pourvoirie La Verendrye for gas. $2.00CA per litre this year. A lot of logging going on in this area this year. Went back up to the 83 & continued to Le Domaine & got gas. Dropped down on 322 & topped off tanks in Grand-Remous. Continued on 322 up to the Reservoir Baskatong. Trail 322 was marked closed across Reservoir so we just drove faster across! All was fine. Just a few slushy areas. Continued up the 322 to Rabaska for the night. Another amazing day. We continue one day better than the last!

315 miles for the day. Pics to follow with faster wifi.

Day 8

Jan 23

Left Rabaska at 8:30 AM this morning. Temperature was 9*F under clear skies. Took 322 south & topped off in Ferme-Neuve. We yet again were riding first tracks on fresh groomed trail. Continued on 322 to 319 to 63 east. Got gas in Saint Michel & took 63 to 23 to Shawinigan. Our journey had come to an end. Amazing ride with A++ conditions. Get up here & ride. You won't be disappointed.

268 miles for the day.

2037 miles for the trip.

Edited by Florida Snowman

Amazing ride Tom, we have to team up some day........those trails you hit with being the first is a real plus on a trip and help a lot running up the miles at the end of the day.

2000+ miles in a week.....there are plenty that only wish they could do that In a season.

Thanks for reporting and posting those envious pictures

Badda Bing badda boom get her done.....and you did just that.

JG

A season opener of 2000 miles +....that's it , i'm jealous!

You did an amazing ride with an even amazing real time trip report for us at home, thank you very much ! :good:

Your sunrise shot make my jaw drop! :rolleyes: my keyboard is a bit wet now :lol:

Alain

Amazing job Tom,

What a great loop to do in one week! Great details and the pictures are awesome. The whole area west of Lac St Jean are the best in all of Quebec rivaled only by the Gaspesie. Andyman taught me quickly years ago the best place to stay on these adventures is at the Outfitters. I see you embrace the same belief.

Great Report Tom, thanks for taking the time to share with us.

Thanks to you all for your kind comments! It was my pleasure to post. It's an effort to take pics & post on a daily basis when touring but I know how much it means to me to be able to "be there" when I'm at home or work. What a difference technology has done for us all. WiFi is available at almost every hotel, lodge, pourvoirie, etc these days. Real time information is readily available today. How lucky are we?

Get up north to PQ & ride!

Stay safe & ride right.

Best,

Tom