Any Snow Yet?

MFARJM

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll stop by, pick you up and we go to Mont Valins!

We will be there with 100's of other sleds, confined to 200km of trails being ridden to death. Long lines at the few accessible gas and food stops. No base means no steering and hell on the carbides and studs. I love the open water bars, adds a special thrill to the adventure. Guys itching to ride for the last 6 months are now riding is if they have never ridden before. On my side, stopping in the middle of the trail to take a picture, u-turns everywhere and anywhere. Lets head off trail on 2 feet of powder, yummy. Stumps and rocks just under the snow waiting to wreak more havoc. Oops, half half the population here had the same idea and all the "secret" spots have been beat to death.

When we get home we get to look at the dings in the a-arms and hood from the rocks being thrown up, pressure wash the mud from underneath....

On second thought, maybe we wait just a bit longer......

Sorry Don and Mark, just got back from 2 days in Mont Valin, 395 miles, no rocks or mud holes. ITS WINTER up there. Would give it a 7 out of 10 for conditions but for the last 20 miles back to the truck last night, a real minefield. Dont go on the weekend or the week between Xmas and Newyears day and with some luck and some trail knowledge of the mountain its doable, I think we were lucky. PS they are riding every lake up there, and lots of tracks in Jonquiere and L'etape.

I never had a pic of that one. You don't realize how steep that embankment is in the photo. It's amazing that photo was taken at 3;30 and that sled was up the hill with the help of the local club that evening winching it with a scandic. Kudos to that club, once word got out it was like the cavalry showed up! Think the've done this once before LOL!

I never had a pic of that one. You don't realize how steep that embankment is in the photo. It's amazing that photo was taken at 3;30 and that sled was up the hill with the help of the local club that evening winching it with a scandic. Kudos to that club, once word got out it was like the cavalry showed up! Think the've done this once before LOL!

Yes Jim that was amazing, even more amazing is it started on first pull.

Merry Christmas Jim... Can't wait to ride.

Nice! I can't do it. 16 hours in a truck, 800 miles for 395 on the sled. I'll wait just a bit longer.

If I knew how long a bit is I would have waited too, By the looks of things it could be end of Jan until things shape up. and I aint gettin any younger.

I need to pull the pic out of archives with the young buck pinned under the sled.

He had to be stuck underneath it for at least 10 min with three of us feeling quite helpless.

Actually really scary and reason enough to never ride alone......He was going no more than a whopping 5 mph.

Be safe out there!

Yup on all counts! :^)

If I knew how long a bit is I would have waited too, By the looks of things it could be end of Jan until things shape up. and I aint gettin any younger.

That's where it's gonna be at. Sacre Couer and TQ 3 north to Escoumins (pel chat is open too) and Forestville. There and Valin and the North of the Lac St Jean too. Charlevoix from Clermont up to Jonquiere 83 and 383. Also Gaspe will stitch it together in the next few weeks I'm guessing.

Looks like colder air after this heatwave is here for a bit anyway. Let's hope.

Sorry Don and Mark, just got back from 2 days in Mont Valin, 395 miles, no rocks or mud holes. ITS WINTER up there. Would give it a 7 out of 10 for conditions but for the last 20 miles back to the truck last night, a real minefield. Dont go on the weekend or the week between Xmas and Newyears day and with some luck and some trail knowledge of the mountain its doable, I think we were lucky. PS they are riding every lake up there, and lots of tracks in Jonquiere and L'etape.

Nice report Steve, glad you were able to get up to Valin for a great first ride and condition report. Happy holidays to all. RR

Mine is greener now then it was in June