Long-Awaited Season Opener 2022!

Florida Snowman

Day 7: Wednesday Feb 9

Woke up with 4 to 6 inches of fresh PowPow overnight & 22*F. Gonna be good lubrication today! Had a fantastic breakfast, loaded up the sleds and pulled out at 8:30 AM. We decided we were going to ride down this side of the Saguenay, take the ferry across and then ride north on the other side.  Took 383 to TQ3 then ferry to TQ3 to TQ93 to 252 to Auberge KM31 for the night. Got in at 4:30 PM. With the new snow from last night and lack of grooming last night there were several areas that took some muscle effort to bang thru it. Another excellent day indeed.

214 miles

Edited by Florida Snowman

Day 8: Thursday Feb 10

Woke up to 28°F with 2 inches of fresh powder and snowing lightly. Can’t believe the temperatures we’re having this week! Had breakfast, saddled up the horses and pulled out at 8:30 AM. Took TQ93 & several green & orange local trails & meandered our way counterclockwise around Lac Saint-Jean. Trails were in excellent condition except for the expected TQ93 around Valinouet. Pulled into Hotel du Jardin in Saint-Felicien at 4:00 PM. Temperature was 35°F when we got here! Going to be a big temperature drop tonight so I hope all the groomers get out and make some white asphalt for tomorrow morning! 

186 miles

On 2/6/2022 at 12:08 PM, Florida Snowman said:

What a LONG 23 months of government legislated abstinence from my happy place of Quebec in the winter! My last day of snowmobiling there was March 15th 2020.  The border shut 6 days later.  That is finally behind me now!!

Well they talked about a big nor’easter coming in last Thursday into Friday. Time to change my plans by 24 hours. Changed my flight to 1 day earlier to Wednesday and took a 7AM flight from Florida to New Jersey to get my truck. My son Jason from NYC met me there & we scrambled for all our gear & hit the black trail at high noon.  I always try to avoid snow and ice on my drives up and back in the truck.  Of course I got my every 2-4 years speeding ticket on I 87 northbound in the high peaks for the Court of Chesterfield New York. Oh well. I have a tight schedule to keep!  Crossed border at 5:15PM.  Very very easy.  ArriveCAN is simple & works great.  Got thru in 10 minutes & no Covid test given to either of us to take post entry.  Drove to Trois Rivières to pick up my fully serviced trailer & sleds.  Then drove another 90 minutes to Lac-a-l’eau-Claire for our lodging.  Arrived at 8:30PM in our condo.  Palm Beach Gardens, Florida to NJ to Saint-Alexis-des-Monts in 13.5 hours!! Long day but mission completed. It’s full on peak season conditions here!  Yippee Ky Yea!!!

To be continued………………

Download the Waze app you'll never get a speeding ticket again!

4 hours ago, Florida Snowman said:

Day 8: Thursday Feb 10

Woke up to 28°F with 2 inches of fresh powder and snowing lightly. Can’t believe the temperatures we’re having this week! Had breakfast, saddled up the horses and pulled out at 8:30 AM. Took TQ93 & several green & orange local trails & meandered our way counterclockwise around Lac Saint-Jean. Trails were in excellent condition except for the expected TQ93 around Valinouet. Pulled into Hotel du Jardin in Saint-Felicien at 4:00 PM. Temperature was 35°F when we got here! Going to be a big temperature drop tonight so I hope all the groomers get out and make some white asphalt for tomorrow morning! 

186 miles

Hi,

Our group is one day behind you. Great reporting. We had a day of moguls coming thru Auberge 31 on the way to the Delta. Big warm up around here for sure. 
Tomorrow the plan was to run counter clockwise around St Jean and stay in Roberval. Any suggestions on the loop and what club trails were good? 
The 50 miles of big bumps from today remind me too much of Maine. Lol

Thank you & safe travels. 
Chuck

A1048AEC-1C75-4BEB-95E5-21DBD7121B14.jpeg