7 day trail permit

zrtkat

Our group is purchasing 7 day trail permits I seen it was a easy process online . Was wondering if they email you permits to put on your windshield?? And how long does it take for them to email permits to us .

Thanks 

Zrtkat 

Anyone know if having proof of purchase on your phone only is acceptable.

Example we are doing 6 day NB/Gaspe trip. One day NB, 3 day Gaspe then 2 back in NB to finish. With weather, breakdowns etc really don’t want to buy permits until night before when we won’t have access to a printer?

52 minutes ago, actionjack said:

Pardon my dumb question. You no longer get a sticker to apply to sled?  Does an annual pass give you a sticker? 

Kinda strange really. Gives them cause to pull anyone over for questioning. A little like a green pass. 

I got a sticker with my season pass

I arrived last Saturday in Riviere du Loup. Got on the computer and signed up for a season pass.  E-mailed the e-mail I got from buying pass on line to the front desk of hotel and they printed it out. Just shows all my sled info, state registration info, and day I purchased it and amount, plus ser#.

Got stopped the next day by FCMQ security and they accepted it. Got stopped today by police and they accepted it. So you should be all set getting it at the last minute. It takes about ten days to get the sticker and permit in the mail.

mike

No sticker with day passes. You dont have to display, just have proof on you. You still get seasonal stickers. Just don't have your battery go dead if relying on your phone for day pass proof. You'll want to download it as well as chances are you wont have cell service when you hit a check stop.  Many hotels will print it off for you if you e-mail them a copy when you buy it the night before.

36 minutes ago, mikerider said:

I arrived last Saturday in Riviere du Loup. Got on the computer and signed up for a season pass.  E-mailed the e-mail I got from buying pass on line to the front desk of hotel and they printed it out. Just shows all my sled info, state registration info, and day I purchased it and amount, plus ser#.

Got stopped the next day by FCMQ security and they accepted it. Got stopped today by police and they accepted it. So you should be all set getting it at the last minute. It takes about ten days to get the sticker and permit in the mail.

mike

Some may not be, but I'm agitated at just the idea of being pulled over repeatedly and being asked for my papers.

4 hours ago, zrtkat said:

I am sure we have to apply 7 day permit to windshield 

Not sure about this

no stickers for day and week pass i believe. 

just print out papers and have them physucally with you not just on your phone

carry that, your registrstion for sled and drivers liscense

that may ask for one of the above or all 3 if you are stopped

having them in hand will make it go much smoother

Edited by iceman

3 hours ago, Signfan said:

No sticker with day passes. You dont have to display, just have proof on you. You still get seasonal stickers. Just don't have your battery go dead if relying on your phone for day pass proof. You'll want to download it as well as chances are you wont have cell service when you hit a check stop.  Many hotels will print it off for you if you e-mail them a copy when you buy it the night before.

Yes the dead phone in the cold is definitely an issue. I always have my season pass but many in the group the Quebec trip is a once year thing. I’m going to get the guys to have someone else in the group screen shot their pass, that way everyone’s pass will be on two phones. 

Been to the Gaspe 6 times and NB 3 times and never been stopped. Just reading on FB people in the St Zenon area were stopped 5 times this weekend. Kind of lose your patience after first couple of stops.

Send your pass to your files or notes that are stored on your phone. No need for service. Put your phone in airplane mode so you’re not pinging the cell towers. When you are outside of coverage, or have very weak coverage, your cell phone is transmitting at full power to try and make/keep a connection with the network. That’s the battery killer. You can still have Bluetooth active if you’re listening to music stored on your phone.  IMotoneige navigation works in airplane mode, you just won’t be able to get services.

Last year a friend and I bought 3 day passes from our phones when starting our ride from the Days in Berthierville, QC.

We were stopped by police on the trail within sight of the Days inn. They told us the pass on our phone was not good enough. 

They instructed us to go back to the hotel and get it printed, which we did.

11 hours ago, mxsenior said:

Last year a friend and I bought 3 day passes from our phones when starting our ride from the Days in Berthierville, QC.

We were stopped by police on the trail within sight of the Days inn. They told us the pass on our phone was not good enough. 

They instructed us to go back to the hotel and get it printed, which we did.

You can sign multimillion dollar real estate deals on your phone but won’t suffice for a $170.00 permit. 

On 1/29/2023 at 4:59 PM, actionjack said:

Some may not be,but I'm agitated at just the idea of being pulled over repeatedly and being asked for my papers.

Doesn't matter sticker or not, it's not like years ago when they waved you bye if you had a sticker. We were checked twice last week. 1st. time was on the Gaspe just passed PALC. We all had season passes and stickers on sleds but they checked the papers on all of us. The 2nd time was Sunday afternoon in RDL almost back to the Universal. I was leading and the officer looked at all my paperwork and my drivers licence then asked if everyone was in my group. he checked the others stickers and had us move on. I will also add we all has a season NB permit as well as a season Maine registration