2024 Rivière-du-Loup trail conditions

Padragon800

Figured I’d start a thread now that the season is upon us. Im  thinking of heading up this weekend to Universal and doing some riding anyone have any idea how it is up there. Checking the map most trails are showing yellow and green so I know they’re open but not showing much grooming yet so kind of confused. They’re getting snow again tonight so I’m sure things should be coming along nicely. Any info is appreciated. 

Not sure but I got a general email from the Universal this week saying come on down, there's snow and trails open. I'm a little suspect on this but happy to get your boots n the ground report 🙂 

Well folks, it looks like Bas St. Laurent is open and waiting for us.

If you go to SledMagazine.com,  click on 'Services and Tourism, then click on Bas St Laurent, scroll down, and it lists all the clubs and conditions.

Few hours ago it was all red from every club. It is now green for all clubs except one.

Gotta go pack up. See you all at RDL tomorrow.

mike

Important things first.  The new bar is pretty nice. It is in the new restaurant, and the bar seats about 25.  Mega big TV  and the restaurant looks pretty impressive. Open style kitchen.  I would say they spent a fortune on the re do. Food is mostly pub food with a few high end meals. My meal tonight was excellent. Whole new menu. I thought the prices were more than reasonable.   Food was slow coming out of the kitchen.

The old bar is still open but the attached restaurant is gone, just a big pool table there now.

It was getting dark when I went out for about a 25 mile ride.  While the snow certainly is not deep, it seems to be plenty and everything was groomed and silky smooth. And it looks wintry out with all the trees snow coated. I will know more hopefully after tomorrows ride. 

New G5 600R 129 goes some sweet. Makes me look and feel 20 years younger. 

mike

Today's ride was awesome, great midwinter conditions. 

Two  very minor washouts and a couple trails not groomed yet this year.

Lunch at Frontier's (2 arch) clubhouse.  Unless I was daydreaming, the one arch clubhouse no longer has an arch. Groomers still at the clubhouse. Not sure if they are still in business.

My new 600R MXZ has the 4.5 gauge.  I can't for the life of me change the percentage difference between the hand and thumb warmer. They are currently set at 50 / 50 and my thumb is burning and my hands are cold.  When I adjust, I can get both (at the same time) to go up and down in temp, but can't lower the thumb and up the hand. It is  not a touch screen. I  JUST noticed there are two buttons to the left of the screen,  manual says one is trip and one is mode. But I also have a mode and trip button on the handlebars.   Any suggestions.

mike

Thanks for the video. The video shows where I get to on my gauge, but when I hit the heat button,   the thumb and handlebar adjust in unison. I can't seem to adjust just one at a time.

I think that is the way they are on the new sleds. They saved the cost of one button. Lots of complaints about this. If you do get them set separately on every restart it reverts back to both. Search dootalk.

I don't think you can adjust the hand and thumb warmer separate. Lotta folks on DooTalk complaining about that. Silly idea if true. See ya soon.

Edited by jak

I think you can change the percentage so to speak.  You should be able to get the handlebars at 4 bars and the thumb warmer at two bars.  (this is the setting I can't find).

Once you get that setting (4 & 2), each time they will both go up or down together with one touch of the warmer button. Mine are currently both at the same level. You actually, as far as I can tell, need to come to a stop just to get into the menu for the grips. Nothing you can do on the fly.

WOW! How could BRP not understand that you need individual controls that can be set on the fly. Not to mention that to change settings is a complicated system for those of use who are tech challenged. The designers need to ride in some real world cold conditions and feel their thumbs burning! 

my 2020 lost something in the instrument cluster and they both got stuck on high...it was unrideable...got a new cluster under warranty to fix the problem

6 hours ago, jak said:

I don't think you can adjust the hand and thumb warmer separate. Lotta folks on DooTalk complaining about that. Silly idea if true. See ya soon.

Certainly a rookie mistake to make.  This can be blamed on an engineer that isn't a snowmobiler.  Could easily  be fix by BRP with a update at the dealer.