Summer Plans?

Considering the winter for most of the places we go and stay at was bad for them financially as well. Maybe consider a vacation in Quebec this summer. I know alot of QR’s do visit in other seasons. But just putting it out there if you never been when there’s no snow give it a try. Lots of stuff to explore. 

13 hours ago, iceman said:

Considering the winter for most of the places we go and stay at was bad for them financially as well. Maybe consider a vacation in Quebec this summer. I know alot of QR’s do visit in other seasons. But just putting it out there if you never been when there’s no snow give it a try. Lots of stuff to explore. 

Yes indeed. I would love to get back to La Belle Province on the summer Sled. Good opportunity to check out some places to stay in the winter.

Here's a trip from quite a few years ago on the old 2001 Wing. I put 221k miles on that one.

Gaspesie on the Wing

46 minutes ago, wng-2 said:

Yes indeed. I would love to get back to La Belle Province on the summer Sled. Good opportunity to check out some places to stay in the winter.

Here's a trip from quite a few years ago on the old 2001 Wing. I put 221k miles on that one.

Gaspesie on the Wing

Canada is a great place to ride a bike… the scenery is incredible…221 is impressive… no denying the Honda Wing has a bullet proof engine… I’ve owned countless bikes over the years…never had a bad brand… but I’ve never got near that mileage …65k on a Honda 750 in the eighties… that’s when I knew they were good… currently on a limited… have a great summer…

IMG_0540.jpeg

3 hours ago, wng-2 said:

I put 221k miles on that one.

WOW! 221K...OMG...Congrats....

Great suggestions as we have done it a few times......Tooling around the Gaspesie, on the Road King, at that time, on a Sunday morning, when traveling through St Flavie (Mont-Joli) we came upon mass  being hosted by Église catholique Sainte-Flavie, outdoors on the banks of the St Lawrence. It was a pleasant surprise so we stopped & asked the man above, in part, to provide us safe travels. Thankfully he did. That trip anyway..ha ha. Since that time, I think the ugly looking guy, whose name starts with a "D", that hangs out below in the warmer grounds have intercepted my requests & thanks to the man above  :  )   Maybe some of you have also dealt with the "D".

The photos of the rock/ Perce was taken from our room at Hôtel la Normandie. The hotel is closed during the winter months but it is a favorite of ours on our summer jaunts. The on premise restaurant is exceptionally good. 

Thanks to each of you. Stay safe, all.

Paddy O 

43FE4276-CE40-4C3D-B1FD-57D6C2122413.JPG

Image.png

3gLvmu4VSDCbrvTCvTx9Mg.jpg

15 minutes ago, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:

WOW! 221K...OMG...Congrats....

Great suggestions as we have done it a few times......Tooling around the Gaspesie, on the Road King, at that time, on a Sunday morning, when traveling through St Flavie (Mont-Joli) we came upon mass  being hosted by Église catholique Sainte-Flavie, outdoors on the banks of the St Lawrence. It was a pleasant surprise so we stopped & asked the man above, in part, to provide us safe travels. Thankfully he did. That trip anyway..ha ha. Since that time, I think the ugly looking guy, whose name starts with a "D", that hangs out below in the warmer grounds have intercepted my requests & thanks to the man above  :  )   Maybe some of you have also dealt with the "D".

The photos of the rock/ Perce was taken from our room at Hôtel la Normandie. The hotel is closed during the winter months but it is a favorite of ours on our summer jaunts. The on premise restaurant is exceptionally good. 

Thanks to each of you. Stay safe, all.

Paddy O 

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2024_03/43FE4276-CE40-4C3D-B1FD-57D6C2122413.thumb.JPG.531c51ec9e27d67473d2f2684faa2fbe.JPG

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2024_03/Image.thumb.png.fb05dc030d2ef38cb9a9afe7ef503431.png

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2024_03/3gLvmu4VSDCbrvTCvTx9Mg.thumb.jpg.5c29df05b2b496ac48b9fcf78ef2f237.jpg

👍I never get tired of the Gaspesie! 

221k miles on a Wing…WOW!  I’ve been on a Spyder since 2008 but wanted a Wing for a long time.  Pretty sure I’m going to pull the trigger. Anyone looking for a gently used 2011 Spyder RT Limited with only 7700 miles on it, send them my way.

Edited by GSX800
Correct word

21 minutes ago, Triggerhappy said:

I plan on spending quite a bit of time in Canada this summer but in Ontario on the St. Lawrence. Hopefully the weather is better this summer than last. 

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2024_03/IMG_9628.thumb.jpeg.b29910f743e67fe77879ec957d3d2764.jpeg

Nice!!! Now that makes sledding look cheap.

1 hour ago, Triggerhappy said:

I plan on spending quite a bit of time in Canada this summer but in Ontario on the St. Lawrence. Hopefully the weather is better this summer than last. 

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2024_03/IMG_9628.thumb.jpeg.b29910f743e67fe77879ec957d3d2764.jpeg

Not sure what part you run but i will watch for you!

Shit now I understand why the SxS hit the back burner.  Can you imagine if you had to fill that up at the Repos….😂.  I am planning on running the north side of the Gouin this summer on the X3, that is what made me reach out earlier today.  Might take a detour and pop out in Chibougamau for gas if I can stretch it an extra day.  Let me know if you ever dip that baby in lake Champlain, might be able to meet up at the beach some day.

39 minutes ago, Je me souviens said:

Shit now I understand why the SxS hit the back burner.  Can you imagine if you had to fill that up at the Repos….😂.  I am planning on running the north side of the Gouin this summer on the X3, that is what made me reach out earlier today.  Might take a detour and pop out in Chibougamau for gas if I can stretch it an extra day.  Let me know if you ever dip that baby in lake Champlain, might be able to meet up at the beach some day.

I plan on trying to do the poker run on Champlain this summer with it.  I will let you know if I do. It is out of Burlington VT.  I still may pick up another side by side. lol. 

4 hours ago, Signfan said:

Nice!!! Now that makes sledding look cheap.

lol. Yes the gas bill for this unfortunately is a bit more than my sleds. lol Twin 850’s.

IMG_9027.jpeg

Edited by Triggerhappy

3 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

Not sure what part you run but i will watch for you!

In July I plan on doing the Clayton NY poker run on the river and then in August the Kingston ON poker run. Love it up there 

We are definitely going to need a video, that includes sound in order to fully comprehend the notes and melodies that come out the tail pipes on those twin screws.  All kinds of extra plumbing in that compartment 

10 hours ago, Triggerhappy said:

In July I plan on doing the Clayton NY poker run on the river and then in August the Kingston ON poker run. Love it up there 

I’ll be sure to wave when you go by our cottage outside of Clayton.  Love the action on poker run weekend.  Stay in the channel, the river is very low right now.

4 hours ago, Je me souviens said:

We are definitely going to need a video, that includes sound in order to fully comprehend the notes and melodies that come out the tail pipes on those twin screws.  All kinds of extra plumbing in that compartment 

2 hours ago, GSX800 said:

I’ll be sure to wave when you go by our cottage outside of Clayton.  Love the action on poker run weekend.  Stay in the channel, the river is very low right now.

Clayton is such a nice little town. Perfect for the poker run with the docks and hotel right there. I love doing that run.  We will have to be in touch that weekend.  Meet you at the docks. 

Literally spitting horsepower.  I love it. Thank you for the clips.

We went to the poker run in Clayton a few years ago.  My friend has a boat, not quite like yours…. but we were out in the channel when the big guys went by.  Rooster tales galore.  

A little off topic but ah well…

Such drastic differences between the St Lawrence and Lake Champlain.  
No current, warmer water, sandy beaches and no freighters to watch out for.  Have you been on the south end of Lake Champlain with your boat?  Start at the Peru boat launch and head down to the Old Dock for lunch, or for your rate of travel, coffee break.😂

The scenery between the ADKS and the Green Mountains makes that area a sweet place to burn some gas.  Head over to Burlington for the night.  Shit now I sound like a tour guide…. On your right is the birth place of our local lake monster legend Champ