23/24 season trail pass

iceman

Trail permit types and prices

The price of a trail permit includes the cost of the liability insurance, defined as mandatory under article 19 of the Act respecting off-highway vehicles, as well as all applicable taxes.

$ 440 for an annual trail permit purchased on or before December 9, 2023

$ 530 for an annual trail permit purchased after December 9, 2023

$ 900 for an annual trail permit sold in trail*

$ 400 for an annual trail permit for antique snowmobiles (2003 and older)

$ 285 for a 7-day trail permit

$ 185 for a 3-day trail permit

$ 95 for a 1-day trail permit

$ 650 for an annual trail permit for a rental snowmobile

$ 40 for a replacement trail permit

13 minutes ago, iceman said:

Yup 

today’s exchange puts it at 

$440 cdn is $325 usd

Bargain if you ask me 🤔

First Quebec trip planned for January 21 for the week. 6 guys so far, still early.

Depends on your situation.  If you live there and ride all winter, it's a no brainer.  We're getting up to $1400 in permits to ride Ontario and Quebec now though for 2 sleds.  That's not pocket change.  Can I get enough trips in to justify $900 in permits becomes the question.

5 hours ago, Signfan said:

Depends on your situation.  If you live there and ride all winter, it's a no brainer.  We're getting up to $1400 in permits to ride Ontario and Quebec now though for 2 sleds.  That's not pocket change.  Can I get enough trips in to justify $900 in permits becomes the question.

It would work better if Ontario currency was worth 35 cents on the dollar more than Quebec currency. LOL

It is getting expensive but snowmobile has never been a money making sport.  Living in Nova Scotia you can not depend on decent local sledding.  I plan at least 3 trips a year in Quebec and pretty much guaranteed good snow conditions every time.  That fact alone makes it worth the permit price for me. Luckily for me it is only a 4hr trailer to start in the Gaspesie.

1 hour ago, Snohorse said:

Buying a permit is the least of my worries.... Concerned how this new covid variant  BS  that is being introduced affects the border !!

I agree they are starting to stir it up. 

On 8/20/2023 at 2:04 PM, iceman said:

Trail permit types and prices

The price of a trail permit includes the cost of the liability insurance, defined as mandatory under article 19 of the Act respecting off-highway vehicles, as well as all applicable taxes.

$ 440 for an annual trail permit purchased on or before December 9, 2023

$ 530 for an annual trail permit purchased after December 9, 2023

$ 900 for an annual trail permit sold in trail*

$ 400 for an annual trail permit for antique snowmobiles (2003 and older)

$ 285 for a 7-day trail permit

$ 185 for a 3-day trail permit

$ 95 for a 1-day trail permit

$ 650 for an annual trail permit for a rental snowmobile

$ 40 for a replacement trail permit

Is it available to buy yet? I cannot get anywhere on the FCMQ site. Merci.

This is awful thing to speak about but what are the odds of our government,  as in United States,  deciding that's covid is back. Right after I buy our trail passes.

9 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

This is awful thing to speak about but what are the odds of our government,  as in United States,  deciding that's covid is back. Right after I buy our trail passes.

Its the cdn government that would close the border on you.  You will always be allowed to cross to go home.  I highly doubt we're going down this road again.  Buy your permit and plan your trips.

• 1 month later...