Saint Zenon Christmas Ride

mrterceira

22 hours ago, EastMark said:

So what town/area is Repos in ?

Maybe I'm wrong,  but not sure you picked up the sarcasm.  Best to plan to not stop at Repos if possible.  Especially near a meal time.  Too many people and weak food.  Long gas line, usually cash only, and someone always creates a problem right when you get close to the pump - no cash or some other shit like arguing over who is next.

Of course your options are limited at this time of season.

1 hour ago, EastMark said:

Excellent pics East Mark!!!! Couldn’t make the trip with Snowmaster 😡

Go chase Snowmaster down probably north of Repos somewhere on the 345.🤣

Enjoy the wind!!!! BE SAFE!!!!!

Had a great shakedown run out to Central. Hit some rough stuff mixed with very good. Some stretches were groomed a day or two earlier and not packed hard so they chopped up. Early season. Poutine and a beer. Happy to visit the legend of the Central.

Left and headed 63 and rather than run the rough patch below Cabana again I decided to run about a 15 mile stretch of 63 that wasnt groomed. How bad could it be ? Its just a cut thru basicly to get to some groomed stuff. Well….

So it went downhill fast. Stuck twice on 63 (ungroomed) trail that if you left the center by a foot you drop in a few feet even where there is a track already. Loose loose traction heading up the steeper hills. Bad call overall. Did I mention stuck twice ? Now….About 10 miles in the trail is closed. Signs and markers. No detour route. Dead end. Lisa says no way she is going back over the 10 miles we did to get there. Pick a direction. Run a road. Poke around looking for a secondary trail that meets up. Nothing.. End up on 131 6 miles from Glasiere in St Zenon. No trails accessible with our no local knowledge. Asked some local folks. They said the non groomed stuff is due to trees or water below the snow. Dont chance it. They are literally still digging cars off side streets. They offered to drive me down 131 the 6+ miles to grab my trailer. I caved and took it.

So no great story of sledding to tell. 70 pathetic miles . Nothing got broke besides the tow rope. Just another sled adventure to laugh about with our sledding friends for the next 20 years. Weve all hadem unless you dont sled. This one was a particularly bad call but I got it out of the way early this season. ……on Day 1  ! 😂

Im ready for a cocktail or 3. Looking forward to starting over tomorrow. Haha

On 12/26/2022 at 4:12 PM, actionjack said:and someone always creates a problem right when you get close to the pump - no cash or some other shit like arguing over who is next.

Yep. Even when there is only 7 sleds at the pump one guy always seems to magically lose track of who was already waiting.

Back at LeCabanon now

Man, that last stretch between St Michele and here would give Tug Hill a run for its money.

Think I leave LeCabanon at 7 am after they griom.it tonight just to get even

Today's loop adventure 

20221227_181819.jpg

7 minutes ago, EastMark said:

Had a great shakedown run out to Central. Hit some rough stuff mixed with very good. Some stretches were groomed a day or two earlier and not packed hard so they chopped up. Early season. Poutine and a beer. Happy to visit the legend of the Central.

Left and headed 63 and rather than run the rough patch below Cabana again I decided to run about a 15 mile stretch of 63 that wasnt groomed. How bad could it be ? Its just a cut thru basicly to get to some groomed stuff. Well….

So it went downhill fast. Stuck twice on 63 (ungroomed) trail that if you left the center by a foot you drop in a few feet even where there is a track already. Loose loose traction heading up the steeper hills. Bad call overall. Did I mention stuck twice ? Now….About 10 miles in the trail is closed. Signs and markers. No detour route. Dead end. Lisa says no way she is going back over the 10 miles we did to get there. Pick a direction. Run a road. Poke around looking for a secondary trail that meets up. Nothing.. End up on 131 6 miles from Glasiere in St Zenon. No trails accessible with our no local knowledge. Asked some local folks. They said the non groomed stuff is due to trees or water below the snow. Dont chance it. They are literally still digging cars off side streets. They offered to drive me down 131 the 6+ miles to grab my trailer. I caved and took it.

So no great story of sledding to tell. 70 pathetic miles . Nothing got broke besides the tow rope. Just another sled adventure to laugh about with our sledding friends for the next 20 years. Weve all hadem unless you dont sled. This one was a particularly bad call but I got it out of the way early this season. ……on Day 1  ! 😂

Im ready for a cocktail or 3. Looking forward to starting over tomorrow. Haha

At least you are riding.  C'est la motoneige.  Think I woulda gone back but understand the wife thing.  Had mine quit on me in St Anne De Beaupre looking over a steep downhill turn.  Got the 2up seat for the Winder for that reason.  She doesn't like that much either but will endure a quick trip for a hot chocolate.  Good idea not to try 6 miles on 131. 

1 hour ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Back at LeCabanon now

Man, that last stretch between St Michele and here would give Tug Hill a run for its money.

Today's loop adventure 

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_12/20221227_181819.thumb.jpg.89a5a3bee0bab43d8c463bc9fd0da8f2.jpg

Chris 

That was the "groomed" 63. It was good Cabano to Central before noon. Needs to pack for sure.

Sounds like you picked so good trails today. Glad it was a good run !

29 minutes ago, EastMark said:

Chris 

That was the "groomed" 63. It was good Cabano to Central before noon. Needs to pack for sure.

Sounds like you picked so good trails today. Glad it was a good run !

Half was good and half was mogoled up pretty good

I'm just glad I'm riding 

Mark, I'm having a terrible time with internet and cell phone at Lecabanon. I see I have a personal message but can't open it

3 hours ago, dooright said:

That's a perfect sight for me !

Last March we went off trail from Moose Valley to Kedgewick in the big storm

single track over the mountain and got to Campleton  at 10:30 pm… same conditions … good thing for GPS…wouldn’t trade the memories for anything

3 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Back at LeCabanon now

Today's loop adventure 

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_12/20221227_181819.thumb.jpg.89a5a3bee0bab43d8c463bc9fd0da8f2.jpg

You should have gone to Mont Valin is was top notch there last week, 😜 .

I didn’t post any pics of the ride as I lost my phone the first 30 min riding. New jacket and the pockets don’t stay zipped up!!

Enjoy your ride, the area used to be my first ride of the year.