The New Sled Thread

mikerider

His father keeps asking whats the worst that would happen if he was caught on the trails?

I said I dont want to find out.....

But i did hear he drove a 900r up 93 toward Valin until his Uncle had to have him pull over so he could change his snowsuit!

But thats just a rumor.....

GutZ

I was finally able to pick up my new sled today!

wife has decided she did not want to ride her own sled anymore, so had to go with a 1+1 heated seat. 
you know Happy Wife , Happy Life !!

IMG_4294.jpeg

Congrats Shooter, it looks great.

I finally picked up my 600R today from the dealer also. I am horrible at anything tech, not sure I will ever figure out the hand/thumb warmer controls.  What was Doo thinking???

mike

4 hours ago, mikerider said:

Congrats Shooter, it looks great.

I finally picked up my 600R today from the dealer also. I am horrible at anything tech, not sure I will ever figure out the hand/thumb warmer controls.  What was Doo thinking???

mike

I heard that.... they should work on copying the polaris screen, not screwing with the part that worked good.

Congrats!

GutZ

• 1 month later...

Just pulled the trigger on a 2024 Lynx x terrain brutal 850...trading in the 2020 extreme...lighter sled without the two speed transmission with XRS suspension...and 4 more wheels in rear skid and a 7.2 cluster...all the Linq accessories swap over...great trade and 1.4 interest...putting my faith in many more great winters ahead of us...and hopefully the best is yet to come this season...like ice said...IT ISN'T OVER!!

• 1 month later...

A ride report on the '24 MXZ Adrenaline 600R 129.  2,000 miles.    "The great experiment"

Last 3 sleds were Renegade 900  Adrenaline 4 strokes.  Great sleds but did not like the front end push in looser snow and they also had a somewhat stiffer ride, front and rear, especially the front ski suspension.

Hoped for quicker handling with the 129 track and a chance to see how far two strokes have come.  This sled also moved me up to the RMotion X suspension and newer X skis. The new G5 also added more soundproofing to the 2 strokes.  Also new for '24 on the MXZ's 2 strokes was a taller ski suspension. I could easily see the front end sat up higher with the new longer travel.

First, the new 600R was fairly quiet for a 2 stroke, as I believe the G5 got more sound insulation added.  The engine runs like a fine Swiss watch, perfect all the time at all RPM's. Very impressive. Gas mileage wasn't too bad unless I had a stretch of fast speeds like a RR bed, then the mpg plummeted fast. But I really missed the constant 20 mpg of the 900 ACE. Especially since each sled, 2 stroke or 4, has only a 9 1/2 gallon tank. I thought I would hate the MXZ trail seat compared to the Renegade's comfort seat, but I liked it just as much.

The 600R rear suspension was very plush.  The ski suspension not so much, still too much feedback in the handlebars over bumps.  I also felt it even pushed more than the Renegades in loose snow. I found this made me really not enjoy the sled. SkiDoo skis just don't have a deep enough keel to grab, even with 6 inch Shaper bars.  

The sled handled good on hard surfaced trails, but once traffic chewed up the trails, handling went south. But the handling was not as good as the Renegades (which sat lower in the front). There was a noticeable penalty with  the new front end raising the front of the sled.  SkiDoos have always handled very good on hard trails, almost a go cart type handling.  The 600R lacked this feel.

I will just mention this in passing, the 600R hand warmer controls should be enough to make you never buy a 2024 SkiDoo.  They are beyond horrible.

With the promise of a new front end geometry  and all new redesigned ski for 2025, and good reviews by the sled  media, I traded/spring checked a '25 MXZ 600R  "X"  129.  Its been some years since I had a higher end model. This also moves me up to rack steering and high end shocks.   I am excited.

mike

On 2/11/2024 at 2:15 PM, quebec bob said:

Just pulled the trigger on a 2024 Lynx x terrain brutal 850...trading in the 2020 extreme...lighter sled without the two speed transmission with XRS suspension...and 4 more wheels in rear skid and a 7.2 cluster...all the Linq accessories swap over...great trade and 1.4 interest...putting my faith in many more great winters ahead of us...and hopefully the best is yet to come this season...like ice said...IT ISN'T OVER!!

IMG_4300.jpeg

3 hours ago, mikerider said:

A ride report on the '24 MXZ Adrenaline 600R 129.  2,000 miles.    "The great experiment"

First, the new 600R was fairly quiet for a 2 stroke, as I believe the G5 got more sound insulation added.  The engine runs like a fine Swiss watch, perfect all the time at all RPM's. Very impressive. Gas mileage wasn't too bad unless I had a stretch of fast speeds like a RR bed, then the mpg plummeted fast. But I really missed the constant 20 mpg of the 900 ACE. Especially since each sled, 2 stroke or 4, has only a 9 1/2 gallon tank. I thought I would hate the MXZ trail seat compared to the Renegade's comfort seat, but I liked it just as much.

mike

Surprised,  after reading this part I expect you were going to order another 4-Stroke.

Hey Mike ,try adjusting your rear transfer blocks to a higher number for the loose snow conditions if you haven’t already tried that ,it makes a huge difference.And for the new ski ,it looks like the ski that’s on my Lynx rave re and I can’t believe how well this ski performs in all conditions.

I will probably go back to the Rene 900 ACE when they get the new front end and new skis. The problem with the non turbo ACE is that you can't get an upgraded model with the better shocks.

On my 900's I had tried the coupler blocks on #;s 3 and 4 but the rear suspension became miserably harsh riding. 

On the 600 I tried cranking the rear springs higher, then the front springs tighter, both tighter, front track spring loose. But I don't think I did try going any higher than #2 on the couplers on the 600.  You are right, that may have solved the push and the 600 rear suspension was so much softer it may have been fine with the couplers cranked up.

mike

(Anyone else with reviews on their 2024 sleds?)

52 minutes ago, smclelan said:

A sad state, I put 860 miles on in Quebec this year.  The lowest amount in 25 years except for the covid year when travel was not permitted. 

Indeed, 860 more than I did though. As the Sports teams say. Looking forward to next season.... 😀

25 minutes ago, Yeti62 said:

In Forestville today  March 21st on my 2024 Gade 900R XRS Smarht Shocks 4th trip to Quebec over 3000 Miles loving every minute of this Sled!!

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2024_03/7319C599-D071-4B27-B399-55017D1706A2.thumb.jpeg.1d76cee471a87c78a92408fa8076a299.jpeg

I know this place !

Screenshot (48).png

4 hours ago, Yeti62 said:

In Forestville today  March 21st on my 2024 Gade 900R XRS Smarht Shocks 4th trip to Quebec over 3000 Miles loving every minute of this Sled!!

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2024_03/7319C599-D071-4B27-B399-55017D1706A2.thumb.jpeg.1d76cee471a87c78a92408fa8076a299.jpeg

Still looks like good snow cover.  There was when I was there 2 weeks ago!

On 3/21/2024 at 7:16 AM, Yeti62 said:

loving every minute of this Sled!!

Hey, what wheels are you running?  I've been having bad luck with Rouski's return springs quitting on the trail.  And I'm afraid that one of these days I may run short on duct tape & zip ties.

I'm truly deplorable for not getting my act together enough to post live from up there, or since driving back down in Sunday's butt-puckery road conditions.

I almost made a crumple-zone out of a Honda, between my Nav being pushed down one of the big Charlevoix hills toward the salt/plow truck by the 4-place trailer filled with 5 old-school Yammis!

20240313_125529.jpg

20240313_125534.jpg

20240313_130707.jpg

20240313_131132.jpg

20240313_140625.jpg

20240313_140643.jpg

14 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Hey, what wheels are you running?  I've been having bad luck with Rouski's return springs quitting on the trail.  And I'm afraid that one of these days I may run short on duct tape & zip ties.

Those wheels look like Qualipieces rollerskis.  I’ve had them for about 6 years with no issues.

Edited by GSX800
Add info

14 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Rouski’s cannot be allowed to slap back, you want them to last need to get off and put wheels up. Not letting them go you do it manually putting them back up. 
i bought spare springs, i carry them with me for the Rouski’s. Been putting them back up by hand, still carrying those springs to fix the Rouski’s. Haven’t needed them. Have Used wheels alot. 

12 minutes ago, GSX800 said:

Those wheels look like Qualipieces rollerskis.  I’ve had them for about 6 years with no issues.

I have the Rollerskis on my second 18.
Definitely Not as easy to deploy as thr Rouski’s

Edited by iceman

40 minutes ago, iceman said:

i bought spare springs, i carry them with me for the Rouski’s. Been putting them back up by hand, still carrying those springs to fix the Rouski’s. Haven’t needed them. Have Used wheels alot. 

I had a set of Rouski's on 2 different sleds over 7 years and never had to replace the springs.  That said, I drilled small holes in the spring case one size bigger than a lubricant spray can straw and then soaked the spring & chamber each spring and fall. Still do that on my sled.

10 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I had a set of Rouski's on 2 different sleds over 7 years and never had to replace the springs.  That said, I drilled small holes in the spring case one size bigger than a lubricant spray can straw and then soaked the spring & chamber each spring and fall. Still do that on my sled.

How do you un deploy them? By hand getting off sled or rocking side to side to lift ski to release wheel?

Carrying a spare set of springs for Rouski wheels is a great idea Ice.  Wondering if you know where you got them and maybe part number if that’s not asking to much.  Thanks

14 minutes ago, FCL said:

Carrying a spare set of springs for Rouski wheels is a great idea Ice.  Wondering if you know where you got them and maybe part number if that’s not asking to much.  Thanks

I got mine here from Moto Thibault my dealer. Told them give me spares of what breaks. 
Where they sell the wheels they should be able to get the parts for them.

https://www.kimpex.com/en-us/products/snowmobile/skis-accessories/retractable-wheel-hardware/kimpex-rouski-replacement-spring

https://www.kimpex.com/en-ca/products/snowmobile/skis-accessories/retractable-wheel-hardware/kimpex-rouskihh-external-torsion-spring?sku=472600

There are 2 springs i need to look to see what i got. 

Edited by iceman