Help needed

On 3/1/2024 at 8:15 AM, DareDog said:

Have 2 people in roberval needing to get back to st.michelle. Trails are closed can’t ride back. Any help on who to call to get driven back to st.Mechelle?

I think that I would have ridden to St. Raymond or as far as I could on open trails then find a ride unless it was an emergency situation. JMHO.

One time we had to do that, we went into the local pub and asked the bartender if he knew anyone with a Suburban like vehicle and 4 bed trailer that could take us. Our ride walked up to our table about 40 minutes later. Price seemed very reasonable at the time.

Another time my buddies engine blew just outside Hearst, Ont. We pulled it towed it into the dealer who quickly diagnosed that he wouldn't be riding it back to North Bay (530 sled miles). The dealer gave my buddy a ride to the local Truck Stop and the second driver coming out that he asked gave him a ride to within 500 feet of our truck. 

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I think that I would have ridden to St. Raymond or as far as I could on open trails then find a ride unless it was an emergency situation. JMHO.

One time we had to do that, we went into the local pub and asked the bartender if he knew anyone with a Suburban like vehicle and 4 bed trailer that could take us. Our ride walked up to our table about 40 minutes later. Price seemed very reasonable at the time.

Another time my buddies engine blew just outside Hearst, Ont. We pulled it towed it into the dealer who quickly diagnosed that he wouldn't be riding it back to North Bay (530 sled miles). The dealer gave my buddy a ride to the local Truck Stop and the second driver coming out that he asked gave him a ride to within 500 feet of our truck. 

SnoHorse transported from Saint Felician to Shawini by Paulo the country singer from relais Butts.

$400cd  Thank you Bucks.

2015 season ender

had too hire a truck for4 of us plus sleds   trails were shot over two weeks between roberval and alma   fcmq app is very misleading.call the trail what it really is..if i decide to ride on yellow trails that is my choice ..cant believe these guys are still fighting the fight  ..word of advice in alma on a saturday afternoon rental cars and haul is non existent .. app still calls yellow marginal and green good  what a joke

Just now, Albieridin said:

had too hire a truck for4 of us plus sleds   trails were shot over two weeks between roberval and alma   fcmq app is very misleading.call the trail what it really is..if i decide to ride on yellow trails that is my choice ..cant believe these guys are still fighting the fight  ..word of advice in alma on a saturday afternoon rental cars and haul is non existent .. app still calls yellow marginal and green good  what a joke

1 minute ago, Albieridin said:

had too hire a truck for4 of us plus sleds   trails were shot over two weeks between roberval and alma   fcmq app is very misleading.call the trail what it really is..if i decide to ride on yellow trails that is my choice ..cant believe these guys are still fighting the fight  ..word of advice in alma on a saturday afternoon rental cars and u haul is non existent .. app still calls yellow marginal and green good  what a joke''had to get back to quebec city

4 minutes ago, Albieridin said:

Feel bad for your disappointment. Best of luck pulling off your retreat. Hoping next season your passion for snowmobiling experience is outstanding.

37 minutes ago, Albieridin said:

I certainly feel for you...trail and grooming info has been inconsistent all season...no doubt about it

2003   Blew piston at end of Quebec airport,  solo,  first sled to come by ( guy from Montreal) towed me to Quebec Inn. Wrecker company showed up with a pick up truck and gave me 2 1/2 hour ride to Maine border for $250.

2004    Blew  Arctic Cat chain  case right next to Yammi dealer near Montmagny.  Took apart and dealer could not fix.  Dealer had wife drive me and sled to Maine border ( 3 hrs.),   sled labor and ride $250.  (I was with Rob Lyons and his crew at the time).

Best one was in Maine 1971 doing 2 day saddlebag Eustis to Jackman and return.  Four Dads & 4 teens. 30 miles before Jackman couldn't get across a lake due to heavy slush. No other way to get to Jackman and not enough gas to return to Eustis. Went to nearby Holeb, middle of no where Maine widerness with a few camps and lumber mill. Mill owner had no gas but stuffed us all into his Suburban and gave us the most harrowing ride to Jackman on a 25 mile  mountainous logging road, bare ice. Pulling into the hotel we got stopped by a trooper and the mill owner got bagged for OUI.  My dad and I drove him back to his mill and we stayed over night at his trailer. Next day the hotel owner gathered volunteers to drive the rest of the gang to the mill and brought along gas.  Cost:  we paid for the mill owner's bail to get out of jail and big tips for the Jackman folks who helped us. 

mike

5 hours ago, Albieridin said:

Yellow is the new Red

been thin by Alma and all under lake from Roberval goind east on 83 all season. Surely will be first places to be gone after big warm and rain last Wednesday night and into Thursday.

where was your truck? 

i am confused are you the ones originally posted about stuck in Roberval needing help? Or you are a different situation?

6 hours ago, Snohorse said:

SnoHorse transported from Saint Felician to Shawini by Paulo the country singer from relais Butts.

$400cd  Thank you Bucks.

2015 season ender

Too damn funny. What a friggin adventure that was. 

gone country. 

It’s all part of the game. Improvising and overcoming whatever comes along.

A fine blend of incident management and logistics. 

9 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Yep. 

I am glad the original poster was able to make arrangements. My best one was in Houlton, Maine 1990. Brand new Ski Doo (GLX?) It was a one up touring with the MX 462 motor I believe. Had a steering component fail in the parking lot at Pizza Hut. A very knowledgeable gal answered the phone at the SkiDoo shop. She delivered the part and we repaired it. Not much later that afternoon, the motor quit. We towed back to the parking lot at Pizza Hut and made the call. (No Cell Phones) Dealer came and got the sled. The guys got directions to get to the shop by trail, and I was to ride double back to Shin Pond. Hours passed, and darkness fell. I was standing under the Ski Doo sign holding my helmet. The owner's son asked what my plan was. I said I would have to wait. I had no way to communicate with my friends. He offered me his Nineteen Eighty something F-150. I waited until my friends showed up, then drove to Shin Pond. The next morning I called the shop a little after 0800 to inquire what they thought the time frame would be. They advised it would be ready when I got there. We loaded one sled into the truck and drove over. I filled the truck with gas and left a 12 pack on the seat. I offered to pay the son cash also. He was more than happy with what I had done. Great Family business, and great people. That kid did not know me, and gave me his truck. Not sure that would happen today, even in that area. I don't recall what was wrong with the sled, it might have been a piston. It was heat related. That sled had no vents at all in the hood. They were able to work on it the afternoon I brought it in. I traded it for a 1991 Mach 1 after that season.