How many miles do you hope to ride?

smclelan

The International Snowmobilers Manufacturers Association (ISMA) says the average rider puts on 1300 mile per year. There are not many average riders on this board I don't think :wacko: . The last three seasons my annual mileage has increased by 8-900 miles per year, 07-3600 miles, 08 4500 miles, and 09 5200 miles. This year I would like to see a similar increase and maybe hit the 6000 mile mark. :yahoo:

Does anyone else have a mileage target in the plan for this season?

this season i would be happy with anything over 5000

back in 02 03 04 was avegeing around 8000 i work const that helps beaing layed off in the winter but the past few years have ben very bad as we all know

smclelan im looking in to riding in to saguenay from maine like i have many times but from there i would like to ride west to ontario looking on the map taking 93 has gas stops the but i dont see any stops if i took 83 to senneterre any info on this region would be helpfull

think snow eric

I've been shooting for 2000+, I know it seems low, but with my youngest brother still having border issues, we ride in the States as well, so the miles do not rackup as quick, just the aches, pains, issues, confusion, etc... that come with riding around here.

GutZ

The miles are going in the wrong direction for me. Used to do almost 4K a year but ever since the little ones only get in around 2K. I guess I would be happy with with 2K this year. If I added it up I bet I have more hours in the groomer then on my sled the last 3 years.

Well, since there's no snow this weekend, it'll be 400 miles less. I would guess between 6k-7k miles, but I would like to hit 8k at some point.

coldsmoke, if you look on the trail changes topic you'll see 3 gas stops on 83 toward Ontario, there are more, those are what are on my gps. fyi, 93 will be a lot smoother and faster than 83.

I 'am too hoping for say about 500 here in PA and hopefully 2000- 4000 in Quebec. I plan to see Quebec 3 or 4 times this winter.

I hope it Snows soon, December is getting close!!!! =@

Im shooting for 5000 miles this year. That would be my season high. Planning on 2 big trips, 1 around Gaspe from Vermont(2200 miles) and a trip to the HI for a few days. Should be done working for the winter in the next 3 weeks so all I need is SNOW!!

If every thing goes as planned I should hit about 2500 in Quebec and maybe another 400 in New York. I only usually get to Quebec 1 or 2 X's a year. But that will easily top 1800, that is my previous best. Winter is my busy season at work. Work sucks!

The International Snowmobilers Manufacturers Association (ISMA) says the average rider puts on 1300 mile per year. There are not many average riders on this board I don't think :wacko: . The last three seasons my annual mileage has increased by 8-900 miles per year, 07-3600 miles, 08 4500 miles, and 09 5200 miles. This year I would like to see a similar increase and maybe hit the 6000 mile mark. :yahoo:

Does anyone else have a mileage target in the plan for this season?

As many as Lisa will let me do!!! LOL

Andy

Over 4500 for me last year, best year ever. Probably won't hit that this year as that's a lot of working midnight shift, sledding all day, falling into bed at 4 or 5 and then back to work at midnight. It can suck. I have planned 2 trips to Quebec this winter.

I would like to go over 5000 some day though..... :drinks:

I've been shooting for 2000+, I know it seems low, but with my youngest brother still having border issues, we ride in the States as well, so the miles do not rackup as quick, just the aches, pains, issues, confusion, etc... that come with riding around here.

GutZ

Similar issues here except have no brother that rides sleds...just a job i can't get away from again. Be lucky to pile up 1k miles here in the area. Yeah...i know all about those aches and confusion riding in Ma. : :drinks: